• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grantland making the case the ravens will regain the throne in the toughest division

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those 2 are PMS qualified Tg, you won't get any reason out of them...."Homers Gone Wild"
Throw them their beads.....:pound:

View attachment 20288

I get it... I'm just trying to talk football on this forum... Yea know instead of going full on troll which I know is all they want ya know...lol...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close to what I said. I said I hate the posts that just turn into pages upon pages of name calling back and forth. It accomplishes nothing and makes an actual interesting conversation almost impossible to want to be a part of other than the parties involved. AS for this I told you that if you don't get involved in the name calling I would stick up for you. Let's see at some point you called NE a "Lesbo." Pretty sure that qualifies as name calling.

As for the article the guy makes some decent points. Really I'm sure we could find plenty of stats to support pretty much every team in the AFC North for winning that division. Heck didn't Cleveland finish with the best defense in the division last year? Can't quite remember. It should be a fun division once again that should be separated by a game or two by the end of it all. Key injuries will play into it and for Baltimore they definitely will need to see some guys from last year and this year's draft step up to replace some of the guys they lost.
Thanks for poking your head into an otherwise "crappie thread"

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for poking your head into an otherwise "crappie thread"

I had stayed out because it was turning into just another thread like all the others but when Tgann called me out figured I should say my 2 cents. Time for the games just to start so these kind of threads can maybe become the exception not the norm on here. Maybe I have just too high of expectations.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had stayed out because it was turning into just another thread like all the others but when Tgann called me out figured I should say my 2 cents. Time for the games just to start so these kind of threads can maybe become the exception not the norm on here. Maybe I have just too high of expectations.

Yup not gonna happen on this forum unfortunately...oh well.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup not gonna happen on this forum unfortunately...oh well.

Maybe if we didn't feed the trolls on here some of them would go away. Trolls need the attention of others to survive. Without it they just shrivel up and disappear.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if we didn't feed the trolls on here some of them would go away. Trolls need the attention of others to survive. Without it they just shrivel up and disappear.

Maybe the board would attract more fans if the trolls on here weren't so lame.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't read much from Grantland, how good is it on sport stories and information?

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't read much from Grantland, how good is it on sport stories and information?

I like it. Brings in a few different metrics to view and gives some outside the normal box style analysis. Some disagree but like most it's who the audience is and how hey "want" to receive it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are better at their baseball stories than football. They are a bit behind some of the better football websites around but they are trying to catch up. They like many sites get attached to certain stats being their end all be all for making observations.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the article the guy makes some decent points. Really I'm sure we could find plenty of stats to support pretty much every team in the AFC North for winning that division. Heck didn't Cleveland finish with the best defense in the division last year? Can't quite remember. It should be a fun division once again that should be separated by a game or two by the end of it all. Key injuries will play into it and for Baltimore they definitely will need to see some guys from last year and this year's draft step up to replace some of the guys they lost.

I agree with this. The division was pretty close last year and I don't think things have dramatically changed in the offseason. Barnwell's point boils down to giving the edge to the Ravens because they have the most depth. But of course things can change once the games start.

I would consider Barnwell one of the 2 or 3 best football writers today. He and Mays have easily the best football podcast out there and they both have knowledge about every team that rivals the homer fans and beat writers.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The website doesn't have the depth of football outsiders, PFF, or some of the other football specific sites. But Barnwell and Mays are really good. Go out of your way to read their stuff. Other writers are a little more hit or miss.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually he closes the article with him using the injury issue as the reason for the article. Maybe try reading it?:noidea:

It wasn't a thesis. The final paragraph was talking specifically about the Steelers and he gave a reason why he thought the Steelers would come up short. Of course you parsed what he wrote and didn't quote that leads up to that final sentence...
The problem is that the Steelers have their own holes and cap concerns. Pittsburgh had the league’s 30th-ranked defense last year, and it’s tough to see how it got better this offseason. Even if you consider the departures of Troy Polamalu and Ike Taylor addition by subtraction, the Steelers really weren’t able to do much to replace them. The addition of Brandon Boykin from the Eagles was one of the few additions they made on defense this summer.

Otherwise, with longtime coordinator Dick LeBeau excommunicated to Tennessee, the Steelers will have to hope that a lot of question marks turn into answers. Cortez Allen will need to prove he’s the cornerback the Steelers extended last September, not the one who got benched in October. Jarvis Jones will need to stay healthy and look like the guy who tore up the SEC, especially after Jason Worilds decided to retire. Ryan Shazier, who was injured and unable to win his job back from Sean Spence when he returned, will need to do his own C.J. Mosley impression to keep up with the Ravens. And that’s before getting to players like Mike Mitchell and William Gay, known mediocrities who will be expected to play key roles in a transitioning Steelers defense.

That’s where the problem lies for Pittsburgh. For the few stars the Steelers have, the Ravens simply had more draft picks and managed their cap far better in recent years than their archrival.

Players gone with no one to replace them. Longtime DC gone. A bunch of marginal and unproven guys that need to step up.

But yeah, all he talked about was injuries.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. The division was pretty close last year and I don't think things have dramatically changed in the offseason. Barnwell's point boils down to giving the edge to the Ravens because they have the most depth. But of course things can change once the games start.

I would consider Barnwell one of the 2 or 3 best football writers today. He and Mays have easily the best football podcast out there and they both have knowledge about every team that rivals the homer fans and beat writers.
I totally agree. Well written.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't a thesis. The final paragraph was talking specifically about the Steelers and he gave a reason why he thought the Steelers would come up short. Of course you parsed what he wrote and didn't quote that leads up to that final sentence...

Players gone with no one to replace them. Longtime DC gone. A bunch of marginal and unproven guys that need to step up.

The key failing in the article is that he didn't even fully own it, but leaving himself an out.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree... Circles circles and more circles...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key failing in the article is that he didn't even fully own it, but leaving himself an out.

That is an absurd criticism. He is making a prediction and said he may be wrong. That is the sort of thing that any writer would say when making predictions.

You finding that the biggest flaw in the article pretty much proves the vacuity of your claim.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is an absurd criticism. He is making a prediction and said he may be wrong. That is the sort of thing that any writer would say when making predictions.

You finding that the biggest flaw in the article pretty much proves the vacuity of your claim.
ladies and gentleman, we got a "vacuity".