• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Graham to Seattle.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just give my honest opinion and the Seahawks fans go ballistic. Does the truth hurt that bad?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Seahawks homers think anyone that disagrees with you is a troll.
Comedy Gold!
Not at all. We love good debate.
You don't debate. Just spew, ya know?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Hawks have a young center they're ready to turn over the job too?
Patrick Lewis, who played more games as the starting center last year then Unger did. He's not as good as a healthy Unger, but he did pretty good after a rocky start.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not yet figured out the multi quote feature yet.
Your quote:
. I would say Graham actually was a big part of the offense in only about 5 of the games this past season because of his injury and OL issues for the Saints. Unger while only playing in a handful of games I would say had 5 high quality games as a blocker.

You see, this is a put down on the EX NO player while giving kudo's to the EX Seahawk player. You say Max had huge games in over 80% of his games played while Graham had huge games in about 30% of his games.
Why would it be a good trade for Seattle if we get a multi million dollar player that had less than a 1/3 of his games being of good performance?
Also, which 5 of Max' 6 games last year were "huge" in your opinion? Same Q in which 5 games JG earn his keep?

Because again one injured season does not make a player. When fully healthy Graham is one of the biggest mismatches in all of football. While yes he struggled more this past year than in years before that I would say he stands a good chance for a big bounce back year. Throw in he is finally on an offense where he isn't completely the focal point having Lynch in the backfield for teams to worry about. So he will have a few more opportunities in my opinion with the Seahawks that he didn't have with the Saints.

As for games that they did well in. For Unger Green Bay, Washington, New York, Kansas City, and against Carolina in the playoffs were all games I would say he did pretty decent.

For Graham Atlanta (week 1), Cleveland, Green Bay, Carolina (1st game), and San Francisco. Now not all those games are just based on his pass catching ability. He had a good game against Green Bay even though he only had 60 yards receiving. I thought that was one of the few games he actually did pretty decent blocking as well.

Reactions: GNG

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Lewis, who played more games as the starting center last year then Unger did. He's not as good as a healthy Unger, but he did pretty good after a rocky start.

Ok, he's only 24 years old despite bouncing around a bit. If they thought he showed steady imporvement and are afraid of Unger getting injured again this makes sense. God knows they needed to get Wilson an elite target.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because again one injured season does not make a player. When fully healthy Graham is one of the biggest mismatches in all of football. While yes he struggled more this past year than in years before that I would say he stands a good chance for a big bounce back year. Throw in he is finally on an offense where he isn't completely the focal point having Lynch in the backfield for teams to worry about. So he will have a few more opportunities in my opinion with the Seahawks that he didn't have with the Saints.

As for games that they did well in. For Unger Green Bay, Washington, New York, Kansas City, and against Carolina in the playoffs were all games I would say he did pretty decent.

For Graham Atlanta (week 1), Cleveland, Green Bay, Carolina (1st game), and San Francisco. Now not all those games are just based on his pass catching ability. He had a good game against Green Bay even though he only had 60 yards receiving. I thought that was one of the few games he actually did pretty decent blocking as well.

IF healthy both are top of their position type players. Graham has been more healthier as of late. But who knows moving forward.

Either way, Im ecstatic.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady carved apart that vaunted Seahawks defense.

A vaunted defense that lost 2 elite players early in the game and had another playing injured. And it still took a complete bone head call from the Hawks coaching staff for the Pats to win.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Seattle and I know this is a great move. Now they have a passing threat. Now most likely they will lose some players because of Graham after they sign Wilson but overall Great move. Should walk into the Super Bowl again.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF healthy both are top of their position type players. Graham has been more healthier as of late. But who knows moving forward.

Either way, Im ecstatic.

It's certainly an rare thing when you see 2 guys of their skill getting traded. Very interesting trade for someone like me without a horse in the race.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Seattle and I know this is a great move. Now they have a passing threat. Now most likely they will lose some players because of Graham after they sign Wilson but overall Great move. Should walk into the Super Bowl again.
Should walk into the SB? Packers have different thoughts.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A vaunted defense that lost 2 elite players early in the game and had another playing injured. And it still took a complete bone head call from the Hawks coaching staff for the Pats to win.
I agree about the bonehead call at the end but injuries will happen and shouldn't be used as an excuse.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict the Seahawks don't get to the Super Bowl.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEAHAWKS may not even win the West of The Cards get AP.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about the bonehead call at the end but injuries will happen and shouldn't be used as an excuse.

The "injuries is no excuse" thing is a load of crap. In the age of free agency and salary caps you can't just replace elite players. Especially in a the superbowl. Give Brady and the Pats credit for seeing the weakness and exploiting it but saying it didn't matter is ridiculous

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Hawks have a young center they're ready to turn over the job too?
Good question.
In `13, LJP was our backup C.
In `14, Max missed 10 games. We used JLP (then he was waived as an injury settlement), then used Shilling-IIRC, he IR'd, then used Patrick Lewis-had a tough game or 2, then resigned LJP who started 1 game I think, then a surprise happened. Pat Lewis took over the starting C position until Max came back and did pretty good. We won those last 6 games in regulation. Max came back for the playoff run.
Anyway, I may be wrong on some of this, but that is how I remember and it is an illustration of the woes we have had on the OL.
Soooooooooo, PL is probably #1 on the depth chart. Will will either go after interior OL in the draft or find a low cost FA. We need to replace out starting LG who signed today with the Jets. A former 1st round pick who never played to his draft status.