• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Graham to Seattle.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has like 3 4th round picks (with comps) and I think at least 3 5th rounders as well.

I'm sure they will look at any linemen cut for salary reasons and look to the draft to add to their line. Will they put up something worthy? Long way away from having enough info to know.

They really got Graham for the 31st pick overall and traded their center for a 4th. There is no doubt they made out like a bandit getting a proven commodity vs an unknown at 31. Can they replace their center for a 4th rounder?

I'd say it's harder to find an offensive threat such as Graham than to get a quality center, but who knows.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JS was on local radio today. he said they like their younger oline guys that got alot of run last year, said as of today Bailey is slotted as the starting LG, didn't mention starter at C..... Also hinted that they were shopping unger...

Clayton was on radio yesterday saying unger could of been a cap cut had they not traded him.... lot of money for being hurt so much...

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JS was on local radio today. he said they like their younger oline guys that got alot of run last year, said as of today Bailey is slotted as the starting LG, didn't mention starter at C.....

If I'm SEA, I use the 2015 NFL Draft and do what GB did in the late 90's, early 2000's when they needed a CB...which is to draft nothing but OL from start to finish of the draft and see which picks stick on the team and hopefully make an impact. IMO Okung is as good as out the door with his contract up soon, and lack of ability to stay healthy.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm SEA, I use the 2015 NFL Draft and do what GB did in the late 90's, early 2000's when they needed a CB...which is to draft nothing but OL from start to finish of the draft and see which picks stick on the team and hopefully make an impact. IMO Okung is as good as out the door with his contract up soon, and lack of ability to stay healthy.

Why I dont think they'll go that crazy. I do see a few guys picked. i think your right about okung, but go back and forth on that.... LT's are so expensive and hard to find. he's avg when healthy....

Seattle also needs to draft depth on dline, as well as secondary... gotta find the next Sherman, Maxwell, Lane......

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has like 3 4th round picks (with comps) and I think at least 3 5th rounders as well.

We are currently projected to have 11 draft picks, assuming we get 3 comp picks. 7 picks in the 4th and 5th round.

I'd say it's harder to find an offensive threat such as Graham than to get a quality center, but who knows.

Graham is a better pick up than anyone else we would had a realistic chance at. Better than Julius Thomas, since he won't hit the cap as bad since he was already signed.

I really have a hard time seeing the down side of this move. Of course he could blow his knee out in TC and this is all for naught but that is risk for any player.

The idea of Graham running a trailing cross while Wilson rolls out and waits for him is pretty appealing.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would expect the Hawks to draft at least 3 OL in this draft.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are currently projected to have 11 draft picks, assuming we get 3 comp picks. 7 picks in the 4th and 5th round.
According to the projections from over the cap Seattle is likely to get 4 total comp picks: 1 in the 4th, 2 in the 5th, and 1 in the 6th. Of course those are best guess kinds of things at this point.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the projections from over the cap Seattle is likely to get 4 total comp picks: 1 in the 4th, 2 in the 5th, and 1 in the 6th. Of course those are best guess kinds of things at this point.

4th, 5th and 6th huh,,,,, aka where Chancellor, Sherman, KJ wright, byron maxwell were all drafted in???

49er_Rick

Drummer for Punk Rock Barbie - Party ON!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rick what a bad day yesterday as a 49ers fan. I like the move today but we still have some work to do. We need a good draft. The only good think Seattle doesn't have a 1st rd pick and they lost a guy on the Oline(was a weakness before this trade).

Yes the O line was a weakness...... AND THOSE SOB'S STILL MADE IT TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!! UGH!

Willis retires.... Gore to the Colts.

The ONLY good thing happening for Niners fans is Torrey Smith. We've added another good WR's to compliment Boldin and Johnson and we've improved by letting go of Craptree.

AND Smith is a returner... remember? 108 yards AGAINST US! Well.... at least we don't have to worry about that happening again.

49er_Rick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th, 5th and 6th huh,,,,, aka where Chancellor, Sherman, KJ wright, byron maxwell were all drafted in???

Just take a look at that avatar.... Craptree is just laying backwards waiting for a ball that's never going to make it there. A REAL WR would have been up there and jumping with Sherman.... maybe he would have knocked the ball away..... you know.... played defender.

What a shame. Kyle Williams, Michael Craptree..... Three Super Bowls.... in a row. Just sickening.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the O line was a weakness...... AND THOSE SOB'S STILL MADE IT TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!! UGH!

The ONLY good thing happening for Niners fans is Torrey Smith. We've added another good WR's to compliment Boldin and Johnson and we've improved by letting go of Craptree.

AND Smith is a returner... remember? 108 yards AGAINST US! Well.... at least we don't have to worry about that happening again.

I thought Johnson was being released?

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope/expect so too, which, as we all know means we'll take 2 RBs, a punter, and a right fielder

And don't forget one of the mid-fielders from the German World Cup team.

49er_Rick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.... Dude you do know your football though that's obvious... Most people wouldn't even remember who Chris Mathews is... He could be a future stud, we'll see... But getting Graham will help Lynch also because teams were not respecting our receivers because they lack separation and that big time threat down field...

Seriously man.... Mathews broke out in that game. He's tall and has great body control.... Now can he do it for a whole season? Who knows.... but he'll get more balls in training camp I'd put money on that.

So the big physical WR's with leaping ability. The crazy off the foot, bobbled on the belly I GOT IT Jermaine Kerse, Jimmy Graham.... and you slot receiver Doug Baldwin, coupled with Lynch and Wilson.

Your offense is pretty much complete.... barring injury. Use the draft picks to bolster the O line.... about mid season they should be jelled. You have a tough road schedule this year but who knows.

The Seachickens could be right back at the Super Bowl again.

49er_Rick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Johnson was being released?

Of course.... why keep a 28 year old WR who had 3 1000 yards seasons in 10, 11 & 12 before coming to this bastion of passing... San Francisco. They wanted him to restructure and take a pay cut....even though they didn't play him enough and our passing attack was crap.

He'll sign on somewhere else and make us pay for that. Seattle should try to pick him up..... Now that would be funny. Way to go Baalke / York.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just take a look at that avatar.... Craptree is just laying backwards waiting for a ball that's never going to make it there. A REAL WR would have been up there and jumping with Sherman.... maybe he would have knocked the ball away..... you know.... played defender.

What a shame. Kyle Williams, Michael Craptree..... Three Super Bowls.... in a row. Just sickening.

lol @ Michael Craptree...

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, I take it you are a percussionist?

49er_Rick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course.... why keep a 28 year old WR who had 3 1000 yards seasons in 10, 11 & 12 before coming to this bastion of passing... San Francisco. They wanted him to restructure and take a pay cut....even though they didn't play him enough and our passing attack was crap.

He'll sign on somewhere else and make us pay for that. Seattle should try to pick him up..... Now that would be funny. Way to go Baalke / York.

Now thats an idea. I've always like Stevie..... but we can't afford him. And if it's numbers he wants, were def not the spot for him