• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Graham to Seattle.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing that this trade actually makes NO's cap situation WORSE. Why would they do this?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's not about numbers, they're about wins
Sure they are. Graham creates mismatches which they think will increase their numbers. It's why they made the trade.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing that this trade actually makes NO's cap situation WORSE. Why would they do this?
It is pretty close to a wash. I think it's about 500k more for saints, but yeah I'm not sure why this made sense for them given their cap issues.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy hell......

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent trade for both teams. For the Saints the Graham contract with all the signing bonus money was going to get huge. They will still have to pay more on it this year which is why this could actually hurt them this year cap wise. In return though they get to work on the OL that was one of the major issues this past season. They add a guy if he can stay healthy that can play at an All-Pro level plus now have 2 1st round picks that they can really be aggressive in the draft.

For Seattle they get a very nice weapon when healthy. Wasn't healthy all last year it seemed like so we shall see if he can right the ship. IF so then Seattle now has a pretty darn deadly combination with Wilson, Graham, and Lynch. Still wonder what the heck they are going to do on the OL as they seem to have only gotten worse at this point and that is hard to do.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is pretty close to a wash. I think it's about 500k more for saints, but yeah I'm not sure why this made sense for them given their cap issues.

Did you factor in how much their 4th rounder would cost as well? BET YOU DIDN'T

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still wonder what the heck they are going to do on the OL as they seem to have only gotten worse at this point and that is hard to do.

That is the question now.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason the trade is made (both views) for those not understanding:

Saints: Nearly in rebuild mode and need the higher draft pick. Brees had serious protection issues in the middle of the line last year and Unger (if healthy - have to take that risk sometimes) is a significant upgrade. For a QB like Brees, protection is more important then a lot of weapons (of which the Saints still have a bit of). Brees is a pocket passer who cannot scramble around.

Seahawks: Wilson has a TON of mobility and Seattle's O-Line was 'OK' when Unger was out. That said, for a QB like Wilson having a weapon is more important (which is what Harvin was supposed to be). There were WAY too many times last year where Wilson was running around in the backfield with eyes downfield for like 7+ seconds and had to throw it away or fit it in some stupid window on a comeback route.

It's a good trade for both teams honestly and Seattle is in full win now mode. Jimmy Graham is a much more sure thing for now than someone like Maxx Williams. New Orleans on the flip side needs to build up as I don't see them de-throning Seattle/Green Bay/Arizona/Dallas anytime soon.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent trade for both teams. For the Saints the Graham contract with all the signing bonus money was going to get huge. They will still have to pay more on it this year which is why this could actually hurt them this year cap wise. In return though they get to work on the OL that was one of the major issues this past season. They add a guy if he can stay healthy that can play at an All-Pro level plus now have 2 1st round picks that they can really be aggressive in the draft.

For Seattle they get a very nice weapon when healthy. Wasn't healthy all last year it seemed like so we shall see if he can right the ship. IF so then Seattle now has a pretty darn deadly combination with Wilson, Graham, and Lynch. Still wonder what the heck they are going to do on the OL as they seem to have only gotten worse at this point and that is hard to do.
Max played in 6 games last year. JG played in 16 games last year.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stepped away from the computer for an hour and there were 3 league altering trades....this one being by far the biggest. God damn!

Kudos to Seattle for finding a way to improve rather than just standing pat with a team coming off two SB appearances.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NO...they get a plug and play starter, but not a playmaker...yes...they get 2 picks in the top 31 players...they need OL, TE, CB, and LB...I can see them going a number of different ways, but knowing they can probably grab OL with 31...CB or edge rusher.

This season...imo a bigger setback for the Saints...Graham was the toughest matchup in the DIV.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They get a 1st round pick and a starting lineman for a freaking TE!