• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gordon Hayward to the C's...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny needs to use his MLE on some 2g depth and his biannual except on Larry Sanders for as long as mother f*cking possible.

Buy low homey. Buy low.
Cavs tried to give Larry Sanders a chance- and he was his same lazy self---- the last straw was missing team travel arrangements.

He isnt gonna get another chance in the NBA....i mean- id be surprised if he did anyway.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Sanders is cooked man. Not the same guy.

He stepped away from the league in his athletic prime to hang out and smoke weed. I watched him some over the summer when he was playing in "The Basketball Tournament". He was just a guy in that event. He isn't the athletic freak he once was. He is not a difference maker anymore. Heck, he might not even be an NBA player.
Cavs picked him up to see if they could develop him and get him back to where he was- and they gave up on him pretty quick.

HEs cooked.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
G, here is my argument:

Kyrie vs IT, advantage Kyrie
Kelly vs Morris, wash
Jae vs Gordon, Gordon (more consistent)
AB vs Tatum/Brown, advantage AB

So overall I think shooting talent on the three is about the same. But teams are much more likely to double Kyrie than they would have IT, and that is going to open up the three. Hayward can also ISO which Jae could not, having the same effect on the opposite side. Gentlemens Bet?
lol.....WAIIIIIIIIIIT a minute here.

last year the Celtics had quite a few really good 3 pt shooters.

Thomas shot 38% from 3 last year.
Crowder shot 40% from 3 last year
Bradley shot 39% from 3 last year
Olnyk shot 35% from 3 last year

Hayward shot 40% from 3 last year--- wash with Crowder
Irving shot shot 40% from 3 last year- SLIGHTLY better than IT's 38%.
Marcus Morris shot 33% from 3 last year-- slightly worse than Onlyk

Instead of Bradley shooting 39% now you have Marcus Smart and his ATROCIOUS 3 pt shooting.

Brown and Smart will be playing a lot of the 2 right? both are bad 3 pt shooters.

The Celtics basically have 2 guys that are above average 3 point shooters now--- Kyrie and Hayward--- the guys that have to initiate the offense.

and Kyrie isnt going to enjoy the spacing that playing with LeBron James, and having Kyle Korver in one corner, and having Kevin Love in the other corner- provide.

Celtics are unquestionably a worse 3 pt shooting team this year--- and unlike having Crowder and Bradley and Onlyk to spread the floor for Thomas--- Hayward and Kyrie are your only snipers.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect we will hear that they signed Thomas Robinson today or tomorrow to address bench and rebounding
As usual Mark Cuban just sits on his hands while other teams make moves to improve their rosters.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.....WAIIIIIIIIIIT a minute here.

last year the Celtics had quite a few really good 3 pt shooters.

Thomas shot 38% from 3 last year.
Crowder shot 40% from 3 last year
Bradley shot 39% from 3 last year

Hayward shot 40% from 3 last year--- wash with Crowder
Irving shot shot 40% from 3 last year- SLIGHTLY better than IT's 38%.
Marcus Morris shot 33% from 3 last year-- slightly worse than Onlyk

Instead of Bradley shooting 39% now you have Marcus Smart and his ATROCIOUS 3 pt shooting.

Brown and Smart will be playing a lot of the 2 right? both are bad 3 pt shooters.

The Celtics basically have 2 guys that are above average 3 point shooters now--- Kyrie and Hayward--- the guys that have to initiate the offense.

and Kyrie isnt going to enjoy the spacing that playing with LeBron James, and having Kyle Korver in one corner, and having Kevin Love in the other corner- provide.

Celtics are unquestionably a worse 3 pt shooting team this year--- and unlike having Crowder and Bradley and Onlyk to spread the floor for Thomas--- Hayward and Kyrie are your only snipers.

IT shot more 3s than Irving did IIRC, so i would assume some of Irvings efficienty would go down. Close enough that I'd call it a wash.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT shot more 3s than Irving did IIRC, so i would assume some of Irvings efficienty would go down. Close enough that I'd call it a wash.

Viewing a stat comparison between IT and Kyrie is a perfect example of why simple stats get terribly overrated.

I don't think many people would argue that Isaiah is a better scorer than Kyrie, yet IT averaged nearly 4 PPG more than Kyrie last year. opportunity and role are every bit as important as ability when it comes to stat accumulation.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not thinking Kelly O is a major loss. Another poster was talking about how Amir was a loss (I did not have the heart to remind him that Amir lost his starting position last year).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not thinking Kelly O is a major loss. Another poster was talking about how Amir was a loss (I did not have the heart to remind him that Amir lost his starting position last year).
i dont think amir johnson is a huge loss until you see the celtics big man rotation is horford, morris, baynes.

thats not nearly good enough to touch the Cavs.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont suspect that is the roster come the spring Wiggy. There is another deal coming this year with the Celtics, probably close to the deadline

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think amir johnson is a huge loss until you see the celtics big man rotation is horford, morris, baynes.

thats not nearly good enough to touch the Cavs.

I think they're gonna add Bogut.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont suspect that is the roster come the spring Wiggy. There is another deal coming this year with the Celtics, probably close to the deadline
well that would be their only hope against the Cavs absent a LeBron injury.- and thats assuming the Cavs dont use the Brooklyn pick to bringi n a major player or two.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am actually feeling pretty upbeat about getting by the Cavs. But its all moot cause neither is going to win the title. Now the following year I am hi on the Celts to win it all.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming they add another significant piece?

yup. along with the development of Smart/Brown/Tatum/DBear, they will need a stud in the middle. Dude does not need to shoot threes but should be able to defend, rebound and hit the 15 from the top of the key. he is out there somewhere. Danny has some targets I am sure