• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gordon Hayward to the C's...

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something tells me that the Celtics will be ok in going over the cap when they sigh IT using Bird Rights. They will need to get their shuffling done this year in order for that to be valid. I see a trade for a big. They cant rely on next years ping pong balls to get a top 3 pick

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bradley or Smart will be gone, Crowder still has 3 years left on his deal.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 mil bucks is the difference between Marcus Smart/AVery Bradley....and Terry Rozier.

Zizic better be freaking amazing.

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony Davis

Davis does not become a FA until 2021. Why in the world would the Pelicans trade him anytime soon? None of the picks/players are likely to be as valuable as Davis - there is little upside to that type of trade (& I don't ever recall hearing rumblings that Davis is unhappy). Now if this were a case like Paul George where the player will become a FA at the end of the year this might be a possibility but not in this case.

Everything you said is true. But don't go raining on my parade damn it. There's always hope Davis just gets fed up with losing and demands a trade. th.jpeg

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why they needed Gordon Hayward. If Stevens knew him coming was a possibility, then why did they just draft 2 SFs with the #3 pick the last two years?
The Cs window of opportunity won't open for another 3 or so years. They need to stockpile young talent and ship out who isn't working out.

Small Ball NBA. 2-3 years ago -- Horford didn't want to play C. Cs played Kelly & Amir quite a bit at C. I think for the coming year -- Horford will be C when he is in the lineup. Then at forward -- the Cs will rotate Hayward, Brown, Crowder and Tatum. This is a terrific "New NBA" set of forwards. (they could always trade Crowder -- but that is a nice contract)

I'd guess the Cs pickup another bench Center. But they will take a long look at Zicic to see if he can be the backup Center.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 mil bucks is the difference between Marcus Smart/AVery Bradley....and Terry Rozier.

Zizic better be freaking amazing.
He lumbers like an old man, but he can definitely rebound.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He lumbers like an old man, but he can definitely rebound.

that is one thing the C's need.

But it's gonna cost them Bradley.

The analytics really like smart the next 5 years, so even though he's maddeningly frustrating, he's probably worth dealing with.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this move a lot. Celtics aren't really going to compete for a title next year but they have a high chance of making the Finals if Lebron regresses which has to happen at some point in the next couple of seasons.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears danny made a mistake signing Zizic before getting news on GH.

a costly one at that.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is one thing the C's need.

But it's gonna cost them Bradley.

The analytics really like smart the next 5 years, so even though he's maddeningly frustrating, he's probably worth dealing with.
Yea unfortunately it's probably gotta be Bradley. Gordon will eat up a lot of minutes at the 2 and Smart is just so much more versatile, and younger.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea unfortunately it's probably gotta be Bradley. Gordon will eat up a lot of minutes at the 2 and Smart is just so much more versatile, and younger.

This was a pretty big mistake by Danny.

Sure they probably couldn't keep Bradley next year (unless they ever sell high on IT) but just dumping him is gonna reduce some of the impact of having GH this year.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a pretty big mistake by Danny.

Sure they probably couldn't keep Bradley next year (unless they ever sell high on IT) but just dumping him is gonna reduce some of the impact of having GH this year.

If this is the worst issue Danny has to deal with and do a trade on in the next month than I am all good. Danny continues to embarass nay sayers

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Crowder be able to earn minutes over Hayward, Tatum, and Brown? I think he's the odd man out.

Yeah it seems that way.

Well... They can put Crowder at the 4 during small ball. But yeah. It's just too many bodies.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now that the dust has settled a bit... here's at my interpretation of the C's tentative depth chart:

PG - Isaiah Thomas, Marcus Smart, Terry Rozier, Demetrius Jackson

SG - Jaylon Brown, Marcus Smart, Jayson Tatum

SF - Gordon Hayward, Jae Crowder, Jaylon Brown, Marcus Morris, Jayson Tatum

PF - Marcus Morris, Jae Crowder, Al Horford, Jordan Mickey

C - Al Horford, Ante Zizic

-----------

Let's say, for the sake of argument, the C's pick up one more serviceable back-up at PF/C (which they'll almost certainly do).

Good enough to beat Cleveland yet?

Strengths of roster - team offense, versatility, wing depth, perimeter defense

Weaknesses of roster - Rebounding, rim protection, front court depth

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now that the dust has settled a bit... here's at my interpretation of the C's tentative depth chart:

-----------

Let's say, for the sake of argument, the C's pick up one more serviceable back-up at PF/C (which they'll almost certainly do).

Do they still have Mickey and Jackson?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Smart will most likely be gone by the trade deadline. The C's and Knicks have been in discussions for the past two weeks about a trade involving Smart. The Knicks want him badly. Danny has dug his heels into the mud and basically has told the Knicks that they can have Smart but only for center Hernamgomez. The guy has gotten progressively better every time he goes on the court. He's a solid 7 footer who is a rebound machine when he's not required to be a point guard and a shooting forward as well as the 5.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-----------

I still don't think they are better than Cleveland, especially with the glaring rebounding problem still present. I think they are much closer though, and the solid 2 seed.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Jordan Mickey... would be nice if he developed into a viable back-up player.

I saw his upside as a sort of PJ Brown type coming out of LSU... not as tall, but long arms to help make up for that.

He hasn't shown that type of production yet... but going into his 3rd year, the C's could really use the depth in the front court.

Just a little rebounding, rim protection and toughness, JM... let's have it.