• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodbye Harvin...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the conditions?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Condotta ‏@bcondotta 8m8 minutes ago
Harvin also didn't travel to Oakland for final preseason game Aug. 28 after getting into altercation with Doug Baldwin earlier in week.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling Baldwin's rant was towards Harvin. IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a feeling things wouldn't work out long term for Harvin in Seattle. Way too much money put into a slot WR/gimmick player/kick returner who is constantly injured and pissing and moaning about everything. At least you guys got rid of that monster contract he never deserved. I don't see Harvin working out with the Jets very well, either.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good move by Seattle to cut their loses & get something for him. Cutting him after the season, would have had the same impact on the cap as trading him now. They got a conditional pick & $7 mil to spend extending their own players before the end of the season so that they can spread signing bonuses into the 2014 cap.

We will likely see some contract extensions in the next month or two.

Anyone wanting Suh in Seattle is crazy. He is likely going to cost you $15-18 mil in cap space per season. You don't tie up your cap space on a DT.

Last edited by a moderator:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Suh will get a nice chunk of change from somebody, but I don't think it'll be $17 million. If he does get $17 million, I bet it's from a GM with lots of cap space to work with and the desire to make a splash to save his job/appease the fanbase by going after a big name.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever the reason, this trade was likely made for very good reasons most of which we are unaware at this time.

Remember, GM Shneider and Coach Carroll made hundreds of trades/moves to get the Seahawks where they are today.

True story... You gotta trust in Pete and John... They know more than we know...

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still don't know what to make of this whole Harvin deal. Hated the signing to begin with, but came to terms with it and got a little excited for his explosiveness when he played. This year we never seemed to use him right, but then there was the game when he had 3 TD's called back. Now he's gone and all I can think about is how it might or should have turned out. I'm not going to sit here and bad mouth him because I did root for him when he was on the field, but I think the most important part in all of this is that we now know he is a head case. The Vikings fans tried to warn us, but we just thought it was bitterness over spilt milk. They were right. He wasn't content on a superbowl winner so how is he going to fare in New York?

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fights with ADB, Tate, and Russ; refusing to re-enter games...frankly I'm stunned the team was able to keep this under wraps.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still don't know what to make of this whole Harvin deal. Hated the signing to begin with, but came to terms with it and got a little excited for his explosiveness when he played. This year we never seemed to use him right, but then there was the game when he had 3 TD's called back. Now he's gone and all I can think about is how it might or should have turned out. I'm not going to sit here and bad mouth him because I did root for him when he was on the field, but I think the most important part in all of this is that we now know he is a head case. The Vikings fans tried to warn us, but we just thought it was bitterness over spilt milk. They were right. He wasn't content on a superbowl winner so how is he going to fare in New York?

It seemed like he was never catching passes down field ... It was all end arounds and screen passes most of the time... The deep pass vs the Redskins was a blown assignment and called back anyway .. But other than that it just seemed like it was a played out story line... Defenses just started watching the screen passes and end arounds... Dallas isn't exactly and elite defense but they were absolutely ready for every Harvin play... Tape was out, Dallas studied.. You can't be gimmicky and expect teams not to pick up on that eventually... With Harvin out we never do that crap so hopefully it will clean up... We do need Miller back though in a bad way...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fights with ADB, Tate, and Russ; refusing to re-enter games...frankly I'm stunned the team was able to keep this under wraps.

Link?

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Condotta's twitter feed, most of which quoted in this thread.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure it wont be long before he blows up NY. They suck worse than the Vikings when he left there.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears Tate is gloating a bit on social media...

If we cut Tate loose in an attempt to keep Harvin in line by removing a perceived antagonist...

Well...shit. That was dumb.