• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Tristan gets all the time he wants to develop ( plus benefits from having James), but Whiteside is a finished, 26 year old player ( whose never played a full season)?

Once again you're talking out of both sides of your ass.

How do you think Whiteside would look if he is the Cavs center with James?

You'd be creaming your jeans and hitting us with multiple 2000 word posts telling us of his greatness.

If you did not notice Whiteside is the SAME age as Tristan- and Tristan was in large part drafted where he was because he is the definition of a GREAT kid- and he has proved to be one of the most durable players in the league as he has played in the 2nd most consecutive games in the NBA

I WOULD NEVER EVER trade Thompson for Whiteside. Tristan Thompson is one of the hardest working, great attitude, great teammate, in the entire league and that hard work is paying off.

Whiteside has no one to blame but himself for not being in the NBA. AND- i have said Whiteside is good- I just dont think he has a snowballs chance in hell of being an all star next season- I dont think Thompson is going to make the all star team either.

I am not on here saying Thompson is "one of the most dominant big men in the game" like you have about Whiteside. i am totally on board with Whiteside being a good player as i have said time and time again- Its just clear you are delusional about him.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 70.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which players legs is Delivadova gonna go for this series?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- just look at it from a practical stand point- if Dragic comes back they have Bosh, Wade and Dragic. If the Heat dont suck like they did this year- those other guys are going to get an all star nod long before Whiteside

and seriously- Drummond in Detroit is likely to be the focal point of their offense at times. Vucevic has proved to be a #1 or #2 option in Orlando- Tristan Thompso nhas EXACTLY ZERO plays called for him- and while he is playing with LEBron, Kyrie, Love its practically impossible for him to make an all star team even if he was the love child of Ben Wallace and Dennis Rodman i nhis prime.

Just from a practical stand point there is no path for Whiteside to be an all star unless through injuries he becomes a main option AND the Heat are good- AND guys like Love/Monroe etc. flee the East and guys get hurt.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his efficiency is way down, then he's not playing his best ball ever (as he claimed).
Why is this so hard?

I'm not saying he hasn't been very effective...just another example of why he should just play vs speak.
because look who u are talking to. These guys think LBJ is god now that he is back with the Cavs. They will even say he was the best player this year even though he finished 3rd in the MVP race.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tristan Thompson is okay, nothing more than a solid roleplayer.
Lets not annoit him the second coming of Karl Malone.

He does one thing well, offensive rebounding, very well.
He can be a solid contributor to a contending team with that skill.

He isnt a great passer and he has limited range with his jumshot.

His defense has always been average AND he doesn't protect the rim at all.
He might be one of the worst rim protectors in the league....the only guy worse is Kevin Love.

So, I think the adulation of Thompson as some allstar level forward is absurd.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Della will go after Curry or Thompson. I think his coach tells him to take out 1 player. Just the way he plays. He is a scrappy player but he takes to that dirty level for some reason. I hope refs catch him this time and suspend him if he is caught. He has been getting away with a lot. I have a feeling we won't see him much after Curry goes off on him plus Irving will play more min now.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you did not notice Whiteside is the SAME age as Tristan- and Tristan was in large part drafted where he was because he is the definition of a GREAT kid- and he has proved to be one of the most durable players in the league as he has played in the 2nd most consecutive games in the NBA

I WOULD NEVER EVER trade Thompson for Whiteside. Tristan Thompson is one of the hardest working, great attitude, great teammate, in the entire league and that hard work is paying off.

Whiteside has no one to blame but himself for not being in the NBA. AND- i have said Whiteside is good- I just dont think he has a snowballs chance in hell of being an all star next season- I dont think Thompson is going to make the all star team either.

I am not on here saying Thompson is "one of the most dominant big men in the game" like you have about Whiteside. i am totally on board with Whiteside being a good player as i have said time and time again- Its just clear you are delusional about him.

What?
Who is talking draft or durable or any of your other babble?

I asked you why you gave Tristan the time to develop but not Whiteside?
I asked you how Whiteside would look on a James team.

Whiteside, as raw as he was, did things in his first few months in the league that Tristan never has or never will do in his entire career.

And yes, his hard work hopefully will pay off big time for him.
It's going to be fun to watch FA ( if Love stays) and watch you guys tie up prob 45-50M in 3 PF's.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because look who u are talking to. These guys think LBJ is god now that he is back with the Cavs. They will even say he was the best player this year even though he finished 3rd in the MVP race.

you guys act like efficiency is the most important thing. You just do not have the ability to understand that with Love being gone, and Kyrie hobbled the Cavs offense was totally and completely changed and LeBron goes from having tons of space and limited double teams to all of a sudden having 2-3 guys on him and having to fight his ass off for every basket. The Cavs just went 12-2 in going through the East with their 2nd and 3rd best players either being out or hobbled- and one of their best rotation players being out since December.

Not one other team could have sustained those type of losses and gone 12-2 to get to the Finals. Its just that simple.

If you guys cant get it through your heads how amazing of an accomplishment it is for LeBron to get this team through the East with 2 losses considering its their first year together, they have a coach who has never coached in the NBA, and all the injuries and adversity and national scrutiny, then there is nothing i can tell you that will bring you to see the light. You will just have to continue to leave in the darkness.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys act like efficiency is the most important thing. You just do not have the ability to understand that with Love being gone, and Kyrie hobbled the Cavs offense was totally and completely changed and LeBron goes from having tons of space and limited double teams to all of a sudden having 2-3 guys on him and having to fight his ass off for every basket. The Cavs just went 12-2 in going through the East with their 2nd and 3rd best players either being out or hobbled- and one of their best rotation players being out since December.

Not one other team could have sustained those type of losses and gone 12-2 to get to the Finals. Its just that simple.

If you guys cant get it through your heads how amazing of an accomplishment it is for LeBron to get this team through the East with 2 losses considering its their first year together, they have a coach who has never coached in the NBA, and all the injuries and adversity and national scrutiny, then there is nothing i can tell you that will bring you to see the light. You will just have to continue to leave in the darkness.
Efficiency isn't the most important thing? LOL

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?
Who is talking draft or durable or any of your other babble?

I asked you why you gave Tristan the time to develop but not Whiteside?
I asked you how Whiteside would look on a James team.

Whiteside, as raw as he was, did things in his first few months in the league that Tristan never has or never will do in his entire career.

And yes, his hard work hopefully will pay off big time for him.
It's going to be fun to watch FA ( if Love stays) and watch you guys tie up prob 45-50M in 3 PF's.

the difference is I have been saying how great Thompson has been playing- but i never once said the BS you are trying to sell us on Whiteside being "one of hte most dominant big men in the league".

dude- i gotta tell you- when you start saying he is this dominant big man and so good and blah blah blah- and he couldnt get the Heat to the 8 seed....it just is a mixture of hilarious and uncomfortably dumb.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Efficiency isn't the most important thing? LOL

if you think efficiency is the most important thing then you better not try and tell me Kobe is better than LeBron because LeBron is so much more efficient than Kobe its ridiculous. Kobe is one of the least efficient super stars in the history of the league. I dont hold it against him and say Kobe is one of the 10 best ever.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Tristan gets all the time he wants to develop ( plus benefits from having James), but Whiteside is a finished, 26 year old player ( whose never played a full season)?

Once again you're talking out of both sides of your ass.

How do you think Whiteside would look if he is the Cavs center with James?

You'd be creaming your jeans and hitting us with multiple 2000 word posts telling us of his greatness.

Whiteside is finished?

Lol...didn't he just get started?

Sure, he has some maturity issues.

But, damn....Dude is talented.

To bad he flamed out in Sacto because he and Boogie would be a devastating frontline.

I guess they will try again with Willie Cauley-Stein.

He did some bone-headed shit last year.

But, Hell, what the Greek Freak did in the playoffs was worse than almost anything Hassan has done. But, he gets a free pass.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- just look at it from a practical stand point- if Dragic comes back they have Bosh, Wade and Dragic. If the Heat dont suck like they did this year- those other guys are going to get an all star nod long before Whiteside

and seriously- Drummond in Detroit is likely to be the focal point of their offense at times. Vucevic has proved to be a #1 or #2 option in Orlando- Tristan Thompso nhas EXACTLY ZERO plays called for him- and while he is playing with LEBron, Kyrie, Love its practically impossible for him to make an all star team even if he was the love child of Ben Wallace and Dennis Rodman i nhis prime.

Just from a practical stand point there is no path for Whiteside to be an all star unless through injuries he becomes a main option AND the Heat are good- AND guys like Love/Monroe etc. flee the East and guys get hurt.

The Hawks had 4 players selected.

Wades is iffy to be selected again.
Dragic has stiff competition. I doubt he's selected.
Could be time for Bosh to pass the torch. I think some of the 'older' players might actually prefer the time off.

Whitesides the guy people are going to want to see IMO.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He had major role players help him. was he the main focal point yes and I do give him credit going 12-2 but like I said he didn't play anyone except the bulls and Bulls were up 2-1 before Gasol went down. Yes he helped big time to win in these playoffs but truth be told he also played a lot of bad games.His shooting % is down and 3pt shooting is one of the worst ever in post season from a star player. He is getting a lot of help. JR and Iman went off, Thompson is playing his best basketball and Irving was big in the 1st 2 rounds. Most knew they didn't need him against Atlanta. I had Cavs winning 4-1 with out Irving.

tonight is a big game and lets see what happens. Congrats to LBJ and Cavs getting there but they really didn't have a tough road to get there. Cavs in the west they might of lost in the 1st rd(who knows). This is their 1st real test.

Reactions: LAD

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you think efficiency is the most important thing then you better not try and tell me Kobe is better than LeBron because LeBron is so much more efficient than Kobe its ridiculous. Kobe is one of the least efficient super stars in the history of the league. I dont hold it against him and say Kobe is one of the 10 best ever.
Kobe has 5 championship rings....something that LBJ aspires to have. So yes, Kobe is a better WINNER, which afterall is the ultimate goal, yes?

Now in reference to the debate here I do believe the argument was based on a quote from LBJ when he said he's playing the best ball of his career....and then someone pointed out he's put up the worst stats of his career & so on & so forth.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TurnuptheHeat

you ACTUALLY siad these words

Whiteside could easily already be considered the most dominant center in the game.
When not in foul trouble, he's an absolute game changer.

Dude...seriously...im just leveling with you here...please never ever ever again say Whiteside could be considered the most dominant center in the league while the Heat were in the Eastern Conference playoff top 8 when Whiteside started playing big minutes in late December and ended up being in the lotto.

So- adding "the most dominant center in the league" in December when you were in the playoffs- resulted in missing the playoffs in the East to the Boston Celtics and Brooklyn Nets....

seriously dude.....i mean.....how can you possibly defend that?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks had 4 players selected.

Wades is iffy to be selected again.
Dragic has stiff competition. I doubt he's selected.
Could be time for Bosh to pass the torch. I think some of the 'older' players might actually prefer the time off.

Whitesides the guy people are going to want to see IMO.

The Hawks had 4 because their record was INSANELY good...you think the Heat are going ot be on pace to win mid- sixties come the all star break? lol...i mean....this is just getting too far out there even for me.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LBJ and Cavs win this I will give him tons of credit and I might go as far and say this is his most impressive Finals win. if he loses well he would of lost to a 1st time NBA final team(hasn't happen in a long time), and he would be 2-4 overall. Not impressive, actually sad in a way because it most of those he was the Fav to win it all. When he made the Super Miami team they were 2-2. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, talk looks really bad. 1st off he went 2-2 and 2nd he jumped ship real quick. LBJ likes to run away. Will he run again if they lose maybe.

I will say this Cavs have a shot to be really great for the next 3-4 years with the core they have.