• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you want to provide any timeline context for this picture? ... because that place was completely full and chanting MVP when LeBron went out with 11 seconds.

Are you expecting them to stay and watch the Warriors trophy presentation?

It was from game 4. Not last night.

And I don't expect people to do anything but what THEY choose to do in situations like that.
It's their money, it's their schedule, it's their time.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having varejao is reall the problem when it comes to keeping both.

I think TT and Mozgov would both be happy playing C alongside Kevin Love.

But its hard to justify paying Varejao 10 mil, Love the max and TT near max

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly- i give a ton of credit to Golden State- but I sit here on my couch and I believe that we still do not know who the better team is if both teams were healthy.

Is that bad? or poor sportsmanship? or riddled with excuses?

It was a great series, and a total blast to watch even though I felt like I was oging to have a heart attack on a couple occasions- but after watching those 6 games- I come away thinking that a healthy Cavs roster would have won this series and maybe in less than 6. I dont know what else to say- that is my honest to goodness opinion.

Do other people disagree?
It pure speculation and easy fodder but not very fair because the match-ups change completely.

Bottom line, if that's how you feel and you feel you should share it with others then own it. I do believe it is poor sportsmanship for sure though.

BTW - Everything you say after your first sentence makes your first sentence nothing more than BS.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was from game 4. Not last night.

And I don't expect people to do anything but what THEY choose to do in situations like that.
It's their money, it's their schedule, it's their time.
Gotcha, the timing of the picture was just unclear.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having varejao is reall the problem when it comes to keeping both.

I think TT and Mozgov would both be happy playing C alongside Kevin Love.

But its hard to justify paying Varejao 10 mil, Love the max and TT near max
I think Varejao is gone... unless LeBron really sticks up for him. He is an expiring contract and could be a very valuable piece in a trade. I think LeBron will be ok with it when Griffin says "we can use him to go get this guy".

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha, the timing of the picture was just unclear.

From all views I saw last night, place looked like people stayed.

Good for them.
Win or lose, it's still an experience that you don't often get to see.
I've seen the Heat lose twice in that situation.
Stayed once, left once.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who wont be back on the Cavs next season?

I dont see Love staying. He will bolt for LA.
I cant possibly see why they would keep guys like James Jones (even tho he is friends with Lebron)
Same goes for Mike Miller
Marion
Perkins

Those guys are used to playing. So to get on this team and sit on the bench in the Finals and not sniff any time because your coach likes to play just 7 people, probably wont sit well.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Varejao is gone... unless LeBron really sticks up for him. He is an expiring contract and could be a very valuable piece in a trade. I think LeBron will be ok with it when Griffin says "we can use him to go get this guy".

Then why EXTEND him last year?

I agree in theory, but who ever knows what James is thinking, plus he mentioned him at least twice post game.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who wont be back on the Cavs next season?

I dont see Love staying. He will bolt for LA.
I cant possibly see why they would keep guys like James Jones (even tho he is friends with Lebron)
Same goes for Mike Miller
Marion
Perkins

Those guys are used to playing. So to get on this team and sit on the bench in the Finals and not sniff any time because your coach likes to play just 7 people, probably wont sit well.

Miller isn't going anywhere.
PLAYER option.
He'll cheer-lead for another 2.6M.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why EXTEND him last year?

I agree in theory, but who ever knows what James is thinking, plus he mentioned him at least twice post game.

They extended him back in 2014... before LeBron or Love were on the roster. Before Tristan turned into what he has? What do you mean why extend him?

He was expected to be a big part of this team... then he got injured for the entire season. Now they have a plethora of big men and he stands a valuable expiring contract useful in a trade.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They extended him back in 2014... before LeBron or Love were on the roster. Before Tristan turned into what he has? What do you mean why extend him?

He was expected to be a big part of this team... then he got injured for the entire season. Now they have a plethora of big men and he stands a valuable expiring contract useful in a trade.

I thought they extended him after James returned.
I def could be wrong.

I agree, for sure, that I would deal both he and Haywood if they can add 20M worth of 'other players'.

They need to view next season as a golden opportunity to win it all based on what we saw this year.

Gilbert will take a huge luxury hit, but that is what he signed up for so it can't be unexpected.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland signed its starting center to a contract extension on Friday. A league source told ESPN's Brian Windhorst the deal is worth $9.6 million next season, $10.3 million ($9.3 million guaranteed) in 2016-17 and $10 million (nonguaranteed) in 2017-18.

Varejao was in the final year of a six-year contract he signed in 2008. He's making $9.7 million this season and would have been eligible to become a free agent this summer before the Cavs decided to lock him up for a few more seasons.

This was from Nov 1 2014, so it was after James was on the roster.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland signed its starting center to a contract extension on Friday. A league source told ESPN's Brian Windhorst the deal is worth $9.6 million next season, $10.3 million ($9.3 million guaranteed) in 2016-17 and $10 million (nonguaranteed) in 2017-18.

Varejao was in the final year of a six-year contract he signed in 2008. He's making $9.7 million this season and would have been eligible to become a free agent this summer before the Cavs decided to lock him up for a few more seasons.

This was from Nov 1 2014, so it was after James was on the roster.
You're right my bad... for some reason I thought his 3 year extension happened the year before.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought they just resigned him to a 4 year 40 million dollar deal? I could be wrong, i hope i'm wrong

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok looks like that was answered, disregard my post

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you play the games- and see what happens. Despite being underdogs- and then huge underdogs after Game 1 and Kyrie being done- they still have a punchers chance when you have the best player in the world----- but you definitely need help from the other team not playing their best---- and it showed in the first 3 or so games that Curry took some time to adjust to the Finals.

Once the Warriors got comfortable in the Finals, and made some adjustments- it was clear they had deeper and more talented roster for the Finals I am not taking anything away from the Warriors-

As I have said in many posts- ANY Champion needs a little luck- but in addition to being injury free- they had a great coach who I watched just coach amazing in the series- he just totally outclassed the job that other high profile coaches Thibs and Budenholzer did against hte Cavs- particularly Thibs who I thought shit himself. Their cameradie was great- their depth was great- they had multiple all stars.

Its just a bitter and hollow feeling knowing that the Cavs made a good series out of it without 2 big time all stars and one very important bench player that is at least as good as Speights or Lee.
Then when asked what happened just say "we tried" and leave it at that. We don't need to keep hearing how depleted their team was. I'm pretty sure I can think of 28 other teams that would've been happy to be there and play.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron you fuckin douche shit

The times that Steph looked liked absolute shit in the series was when Delly had the TOUGHEST assignment in this series in guarding Steph who was doubled and tripled most of the series

TT and Mozgov straight killed it that all series that the first time all season, they outplayed Bogut and Green that the Warriors had to bench Bogut

Why were the GSW especially Iggy wide fuckin open? Bcuz your lazy ass left them open

I had a lot of respect for what LeBitch did in this series on the offensive end but when his bitch gets doubled at any time in this series, he plays like shit.

Im not blind, because Im well aware that Cavs offense looks like dogshit without LeBron.

But LeBron, Brangurls and BSPN need to STOP acting like guys like TT, Mozgov and Delly didnt show up. Those two Ws losses were due to Cavs D making Ws offense look like crap.
Wow....

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny, Lebron went from "I'm the greatest player in the world" to "We didn't have enough talent to win".

Anyway, I think Verajo will be a significant hinderance to the Cavs in terms of his injury history. Given his recent extension, he's not an expiring deal for teams that are looking to clear cap space. On top of that, he's injured all of the time, so who in their right minds (possibly the Knicks) would want to trade for him?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy will have that many all by himself before the sun comes up. This is therapy for him.
Pfft, he set his own self up for this HUGE let down. We tried to warn him early on.