• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most surprising thing about this series was Thompson was just okay. Thought he'd have to ball out for GS to win.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can deal with hypotheticals all you want. Golden St. won. You said you're not making excuses, but you keep bringing up injuries. We told you this would happen with Irving. It happens EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR.

How many dozens of posts did Wiggy make stating James was smart to bail on Wade because of his durability and being able to trust him when it counts?

In any of those posts you could substitute the word Irving for Wade and the sentence would be just as accurate.

So again, moving forward, what are the chances of Love, Kyrie and Andy all being healthy after 85 games?
How long can James continue to take the pounding before it finally takes its toll?

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ooooooooh thats a fun one. (referring to the %'s)

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron played a great series, I will tip my hat to him. But GS would have won even if Kyrie and Love were playing. With those 2 guys you get no defense, Yea they would have been able to score some, but Thompson did just fine filling in for Love (except for spacing the floor). Delly did well the first few games defensiveliy on Curry, which Kyrie would not have done. Lebron would have had the ball way less in his hands. The outcome wouldnt have changed in the end. The reason Cavs lost was their coach is an idiot. You have guys like Miller sitting on the bench so you can play James Jones. Really? There is a reason Miami didnt play that guy that much. Miller gives you way more. You have Marion who can definitely give you a good solid 10 minutes a game of scoring, which would give other guys rest and fresh legs. Just Blatt was completely outcoached.

I know GS had the best record and everything but I dont think this team was as good as last years Spurs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree- but at the same time I hate the trite, cliche answers and appreciate the honesty.

If the Cavs were fully healthy, and the Warriors were missing Klay Thompson, Draymond Green and David Lee- I could understand Curry being frusterated and commenting on the very real fact that its damn near impossible to win under those circumstances. I think if he was asked the question and he said the injuries played no role in the series it would have been insulting to the reporter and to anyone listening the press conference.

Disagree. Everyone knows that the Cavs faced long odds because of those injuries. Lebron could have acknowledged the injuries without using them as an excuse. He could have said, "yes, we were without a couple of guys. It's up to the rest of us to step up. We tried, we came up short. I'm proud of our effort."

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron played a great series, I will tip my hat to him. But GS would have won even if Kyrie and Love were playing. With those 2 guys you get no defense, Yea they would have been able to score some, but Thompson did just fine filling in for Love (except for spacing the floor). Delly did well the first few games defensiveliy on Curry, which Kyrie would not have done. Lebron would have had the ball way less in his hands. The outcome wouldnt have changed in the end. The reason Cavs lost was their coach is an idiot. You have guys like Miller sitting on the bench so you can play James Jones. Really? There is a reason Miami didnt play that guy that much. Miller gives you way more. You have Marion who can definitely give you a good solid 10 minutes a game of scoring, which would give other guys rest and fresh legs. Just Blatt was completely outcoached.

I know GS had the best record and everything but I dont think this team was as good as last years Spurs.

i give you that imo as well last year's Spurs were a more well-rounded team. guess we'll see how and if the Warriors get better at that going forward...

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I guess Mozgov, Thompson, and JR Smith are in fact not superstars....

Some Cleveland fans (well maybe just the one) cannot make up their minds.

When Cleveland is winning, we got nonstop propaganda about how great Mozgov, Thompson, and Smith were.

Now, that Cleveland loses. Suddenly, they are labeled as the worst cast of characters ever assembled.

Make up your minds.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. Everyone knows that the Cavs faced long odds because of those injuries. Lebron could have acknowledged the injuries without using them as an excuse. He could have said, "yes, we were without a couple of guys. It's up to the rest of us to step up. We tried, we came up short. I'm proud of our effort."

yes, he COULD'VE said that...

now we have ANOTHER addition to his collection of sour grapes season close outs...