• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly disliked the alt jerseys or the cavaliers of those blue and yellows...but they grew on me throughout the finals.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon Lebron, let it out, "Im still rich, bitches!"

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Im gonna go home, take a ride on the crapper and then wipe my ass with hundred dollar bills."

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is making all the excuses tonight...surprise to see this from him

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen Lebron so down since losing to Dallas
I think last year, he was alright because they had won the year before....but losing back to back seems to have taken a toll on him

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith was never brought in to be the #2 scorer and a playmaker. Shumpert was never brought in to be a guy that the team needed 15 points from and playmaking from.

Shumpert- in the last regular season game against the Warriors did what he was brought here to do- he defended. He did not score one point- but did exactly the job he was brought here to do- its what he did most of the season with the Cavs. He shit down his league when his role changed into having to give meaningful contributions on both sides of the court. He cant do it- he will never be the #2, or #3, or probably even the #4 best player on a team that seriously competes for the title.

Smith- he was brought here to spread the floor- and be either the 4th or 5th scoring option. Making him the 2nd or 3rd scoring option- especially when the 2nd option is what? Mozgov?- is just not going to work out. Its not what he was brought here to do- he had failed in that role in New York- and in the Finals he failed in that role here.

Smith was freaking ABSOLUTELY PERFECT with his role as the guy who just bombs away 3's and takes advantage of all the spacing and attention that forces like LeBron, Irving and Love attract. If you could draw up a perfect role for Jr Smith it would be that. He shit down his leg when he was asked to be a primary scoring option.

I just wish those guys would have risen to the moment- like Tristan and Mozgov did. Both of those guys outpeformed their roles and expectations- especially Thompson who really helped keep the Cavs afloat both defensively, rebounding- and surprisingly enough offensively with some nice post ups in the first half. If I were LeBron James- I would go to battle with Tristan Thompson any day of the week after what he showed this series and have complete confidence that he will put up a consistent level of effort and production.

Smith can have nights like he did against Atlanta where he hit I think 9 threes or something. He can even have quarters like in the first quarter of game 5 where he hits I believe 3, three pointers in like 4 minute time span and change the face of the game----- but he showed he cant do it consistently- and worse yet- when the lights were the brightest he choked his balls off.

Smith and Shumpert shit the bed and came up small when the Cavs needed them to play over their heads and talent level. Its as simple as that. When you are down to a 7 man rotaiton- (and when one of those men is fucking James Jones)- you cant afford to have 2 guys completely shit the bed- especially when your guard position ends up giving you a steaming pile of rotten half digested curdled diarrhea

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron rather miss the playoffs instead of making the finals and losing

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may...depends on whoever out east puts together the best roster. That's where he will go
LeBron is not going anyhwere. Ill bet you whatever you want to bet. He came back to Cleveland to stay unless major fucked up shit happens.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith was never brought in to be the #2 scorer and a playmaker. Shumpert was never brought in to be a guy that the team needed 15 points from and playmaking from.

Shumpert- in the last regular season game against the Warriors did what he was brought here to do- he defended. He did not score one point- but did exactly the job he was brought here to do- its what he did most of the season with the Cavs. He shit down his league when his role changed into having to give meaningful contributions on both sides of the court. He cant do it- he will never be the #2, or #3, or probably even the #4 best player on a team that seriously competes for the title.

Smith- he was brought here to spread the floor- and be either the 4th or 5th scoring option. Making him the 2nd or 3rd scoring option- especially when the 2nd option is what? Mozgov?- is just not going to work out. Its not what he was brought here to do- he had failed in that role in New York- and in the Finals he failed in that role here.

Smith was freaking ABSOLUTELY PERFECT with his role as the guy who just bombs away 3's and takes advantage of all the spacing and attention that forces like LeBron, Irving and Love attract. If you could draw up a perfect role for Jr Smith it would be that. He shit down his leg when he was asked to be a primary scoring option.

I just wish those guys would have risen to the moment- like Tristan and Mozgov did. Both of those guys outpeformed their roles and expectations- especially Thompson who really helped keep the Cavs afloat both defensively, rebounding- and surprisingly enough offensively with some nice post ups in the first half. If I were LeBron James- I would go to battle with Tristan Thompson any day of the week after what he showed this series and have complete confidence that he will put up a consistent level of effort and production.

Smith can have nights like he did against Atlanta where he hit I think 9 threes or something. He can even have quarters like in the first quarter of game 5 where he hits I believe 3, three pointers in like 4 minute time span and change the face of the game----- but he showed he cant do it consistently- and worse yet- when the lights were the brightest he choked his balls off.

Smith and Shumpert shit the bed and came up small when the Cavs needed them to play over their heads and talent level. Its as simple as that. When you are down to a 7 man rotaiton- (and when one of those men is fucking James Jones)- you cant afford to have 2 guys completely shit the bed- especially when your guard position ends up giving you a steaming pile of rotten half digested curdled diarrhea

One sec, I need to get my Kindle.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, remember when he did that after JJ Barea kicked his ass? that was a low point for LeBron- at the time I really enjoyed it to if i remember correctly-

Id honestly prefer to hear that.