• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is sad from him. Injuries or not, you should not come out and use that excuse to the public. What an embarrassment this press conference is
I tend to agree- but at the same time I hate the trite, cliche answers and appreciate the honesty.

If the Cavs were fully healthy, and the Warriors were missing Klay Thompson, Draymond Green and David Lee- I could understand Curry being frusterated and commenting on the very real fact that its damn near impossible to win under those circumstances. I think if he was asked the question and he said the injuries played no role in the series it would have been insulting to the reporter and to anyone listening the press conference.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree- but at the same time I hate the trite, cliche answers and appreciate the honesty.

If the Cavs were fully healthy, and the Warriors were missing Klay Thompson, Draymond Green and David Lee- I could understand Curry being frusterated and commenting on the very real fact that its damn near impossible to win under those circumstances. I think if he was asked the question and he said the injuries played no role in the series it would have been insulting to the reporter and to anyone listening the press conference.
Well then why even play? They should've just forfeited from the beginning.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, at most jobs if you were put in charge of the most important thing in your field and then said you didnt know if you wanted to be there.....then you woudnt ever be there again. :noidea:

Somebody needs to advise him.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's thinking in his head..."hmm another cleveland winter, man those miami winters were nice."

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then why even play? They should've just forfeited from the beginning.

Because you play the games- and see what happens. Despite being underdogs- and then huge underdogs after Game 1 and Kyrie being done- they still have a punchers chance when you have the best player in the world----- but you definitely need help from the other team not playing their best---- and it showed in the first 3 or so games that Curry took some time to adjust to the Finals.

Once the Warriors got comfortable in the Finals, and made some adjustments- it was clear they had deeper and more talented roster for the Finals I am not taking anything away from the Warriors-

As I have said in many posts- ANY Champion needs a little luck- but in addition to being injury free- they had a great coach who I watched just coach amazing in the series- he just totally outclassed the job that other high profile coaches Thibs and Budenholzer did against hte Cavs- particularly Thibs who I thought shit himself. Their cameradie was great- their depth was great- they had multiple all stars.

Its just a bitter and hollow feeling knowing that the Cavs made a good series out of it without 2 big time all stars and one very important bench player that is at least as good as Speights or Lee.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Wilbon may have to retract his montage after that press conference. That might be the first retracted montage ever.

The core of it is true, though. He is a fucking awesome ball player. He just needs to work on some other things.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly- i give a ton of credit to Golden State- but I sit here on my couch and I believe that we still do not know who the better team is if both teams were healthy.

Is that bad? or poor sportsmanship? or riddled with excuses?

It was a great series, and a total blast to watch even though I felt like I was oging to have a heart attack on a couple occasions- but after watching those 6 games- I come away thinking that a healthy Cavs roster would have won this series and maybe in less than 6. I dont know what else to say- that is my honest to goodness opinion.

Do other people disagree?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly- i give a ton of credit to Golden State- but I sit here on my couch and I believe that we still do not know who the better team is if both teams were healthy.

It was a great series, and a total blast to watch even though I felt like I was oging to have a heart attack on a couple occasions- but after watching those 6 games- I come away thinking that a healthy Cavs roster would have won this series and maybe in less than 6. I dont know what else to say- that is my honest to goodness opinion.

I'll answer that...a healthy Cavs team wins this series...but fact is injuries is part of the game and therefore they lost to GS.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll answer that...a healthy Cavs team wins this series...but fact is injuries is part of the game and therefore they lost to GS.
I totally agree- its part of it- and why I said that no matter who you are- you need a little luck to win it- and Golden State was well positioned and took advantage of the opportunities given to them and deserved to win.

Its just so frustrating watching these role players being asked to do way too much- and watching the ancient James Jones playing big minutes in multiple games. I mean- what joke.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This. If other team's injuries invalidated championships we'd never have any champions.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem.
He did pick the Warriors, but he's covered all bases for quite some time.

How many JR/Shump greatness posts were made leading into this series?

He made one wild prediction after another going back to preseason.
With that volume, you have to be right sometimes.

I kept mine pretty simple.
Karma was coming and at seasons end Cavs wouldn't be champs.

Glad I was right.

Now, it's over.

Let's get to the draft and FA.

Then we can start all over again.
Karma for what?

Cavs didnt lose cause of some madeup hex. They got beat by a better team lol

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree- its part of it- and why I said that no matter who you are- you need a little luck to win it- and Golden State was well positioned and took advantage of the opportunities given to them and deserved to win.

Its just so frustrating watching these role players being asked to do way too much- and watching the ancient James Jones playing big minutes in multiple games. I mean- what joke.
1. GS barely took advantage of it.

2. Blame the extra minutes to older players to management. Should have figured that out in off season.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Buuuuuuut they didn't...and that's all that matters right now.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had so many Jr and Shumpert greatness posts because I was so thoroughly impressed with them doing things that they were not supposed to able to do. As I said- I LOVED, as did the entire basketball community- the trade that brought those guys to Cleveland. Griffin did a great job facilitating the move and LeBron did a great job integrating them into the team.

But it is abundantly clear to everyone that knows basketball- Shumpert and Smith are not- and likely never will be- guys that you can consistently rely on to be your primary players. Smith can shoot. Shumpert can play very good D- but they are not complete players, and they cant consistently make plays for themselves or there teammates- they are dependent on those primary players on their team. Going into this series- if you would look at hte Cavs roster without KI, youd probably say Jr SMith has to be the 2nd best scorer- and that is not good. He is not talented enough to be a #2 scoring threat. I dont think he is even talented enough to be a #3 option on a consistent basis.

The Shumpert, Smith trade- that also got them the 2nd First Round Pick that got them Mozgov has been universally hailed as a brilliant move- but I never once said that Jr Smith and Shumpert were good enough to have huge roles and be primary players.
Damn dude, you are a wordy mothafucka lol

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the Warriors are still the better team, as they proved throughout the whole season, but there's always next season, and with Love and Irving returning next season, the Cavs will definitely get a chance to prove themselves. We shall see.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. If other team's injuries invalidated championships we'd never have any champions.
very true. They are part of the game.

it was just Golden State's year. They were the best team in the regular season. They only lost 4 home games (i believe) all regular season and playoffs. Their coach did a great job and made the right adjustments and roster moves- and even raised his game when adversity struck after Game 3 of hte Memphis and Cavs series.

It was just Golden State's year. Curry won the MVP. Klay went from being a good player to a great player and likely multi time all star. Draymond Green went from being a very solid late 1st round pick to a big time difference maker (though after watching him and Tristan go against eachother- I gotta say I think Tristan compares very favorably to Draymond). Iguadala has worked his ass off for years- many of them on piss-poor teams and he stepped up huge when given the opportunity. Livingsotn/Speights/Barbosa gave meaningful contributions. Bogut re-established himself as a very good defensive center and a key piece (even if mozgov bent him over a barrel and forced him to the bench).

Golden State won fair and square and deserve to raise the title. I just hope at some point down the line we have the opportunity to match up again and BOTH teams are fully healthy.