• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now it's time, I've always like the splash brothers but as a Lakers fan I've always wished them ill will as some may remember back from the CBS days but to that much.....

Congratulations to all the Golden State Warriors and their fans!

What a great season and you guys hung in their and took the title away despite all the challenges.

Congrats good fans!

Vitamike!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'm leaving the Cavs to go play baseball"

I'm not sure if he is going to the podium. Game been over for over an hour and not one Cav player has been at the podium.

5 Warriors but zero Cavs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy to see the Warriors win. They've been a fun team to watch, are made up of a bunch of great guys, and I've always liked Steve Kerr. I'm especially happy for Andre Iguodala and Shaun Livingston. Iggy has been an all star but he wasn't #1 guy and wasn't really a 2 either but he was overqualified to be a role player. It just seemed like he would never find the right fit but he finally did. And Livingston, I'll never forget watching his knee explode. I've been impressed how he came back and made a fine career for himself.

And congrats to the Dubs fans here. It's always been one of the more active forums for as long as I've been here and now they got something to celebrate. Enjoy it
I agree- great for Golden State. If the Cavs had lost the 2nd round when I thought they were kinda up shit creek without a paddle when Kyrie limped off- if the Cavs would have lost I without a doubt would have been rooting for Golden State.

Steve Kerr is a total class act. -On a side note- remember all that speculation about him taking the Knicks job- and he reportedly changed his mind and took the Warriors job- HOW BOUT THAT DECISION? LOL....thats like choosing between going on vacation in Mumbai or Honolulu.

The Cavs had Livingsotn and Speights a few years ago and I liked both guys. Both are pro's-pros and deserve the title. David Lee is another class act. Curry is a great kid and I really cant remember too many teams in NBA history that won the title with a PG as their best player and with basically no post presence (I guess where the league is going 3pt shooting wise it could be expected to continue to shift).

Any team that has home court throughout the playoffs and has only lost 3 regular season home games has to love their chances. ---When that team is and remains completely healthy during the playoffs- it would take a Herculean effort to beat them- and believe me- LeBron damn near turned into Hercules cross with Achilees crossed with Magic Johnson during this series- but I cant remember one NBA championship team that won the title with only 1 all star player playing in the Finals.

i would love to see a rematch of this series with both teams being healthy- because no one was surprised the Warriors won- as no one would be surprised the Cavs won if they were fully healthy and hte Warriors were missing Klay Thompson and Draymond Green and David Lee. You gotta be good- and you gotta be a little lucky- and the Warriors had both in excess this year.

Hats off to them- they deserved it.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if he is going to the podium. Game been over for over an hour and not one Cav player has been at the podium.

5 Warriors but zero Cavs.

I saw Blatt but that was it. Really no need to talk to any of them other than Lebron

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Blatt but that was it. Really no need to talk to any of them other than Lebron

Agree but usually there is only one player from the losing team even in an elimination game to head to the podium. Surprise Lebron did not speak yet

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree but usually there is only one player from the losing team even in an elimination game to head to the podium. Surprise Lebron did not speak yet

Only thing I'd ask him is "So...how many days straight do you plan on sleeping?"

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting.......He should make his teammates carry him to the podium.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is sad. Every star has had to deal with let downs & had to face the media. He should be no different.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True leader

He is going to speak. Your hate of Lebron is ridiculous. He spoke all the other times he was eliminated. Let's please not act like Lebron avoids the media when his team is eliminated. He is always at the podium answering the tough questions

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is sad. Every star has had to deal with let downs & had to face the media. He should be no different.

He is scheduled to speak. Haven't seen any of the writers covering the finals say he is not speaking

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem.
He did pick the Warriors, but he's covered all bases for quite some time.

How many JR/Shump greatness posts were made leading into this series?

He made one wild prediction after another going back to preseason.
With that volume, you have to be right sometimes.

I kept mine pretty simple.
Karma was coming and at seasons end Cavs wouldn't be champs.

Glad I was right.

Now, it's over.

Let's get to the draft and FA.

Then we can start all over again.

I had so many Jr and Shumpert greatness posts because I was so thoroughly impressed with them doing things that they were not supposed to able to do. As I said- I LOVED, as did the entire basketball community- the trade that brought those guys to Cleveland. Griffin did a great job facilitating the move and LeBron did a great job integrating them into the team.

But it is abundantly clear to everyone that knows basketball- Shumpert and Smith are not- and likely never will be- guys that you can consistently rely on to be your primary players. Smith can shoot. Shumpert can play very good D- but they are not complete players, and they cant consistently make plays for themselves or there teammates- they are dependent on those primary players on their team. Going into this series- if you would look at hte Cavs roster without KI, youd probably say Jr SMith has to be the 2nd best scorer- and that is not good. He is not talented enough to be a #2 scoring threat. I dont think he is even talented enough to be a #3 option on a consistent basis.

The Shumpert, Smith trade- that also got them the 2nd First Round Pick that got them Mozgov has been universally hailed as a brilliant move- but I never once said that Jr Smith and Shumpert were good enough to have huge roles and be primary players.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is going to speak. Your hate of Lebron is ridiculous. He spoke all the other times he was eliminated. Let's please not act like Lebron avoids the media when his team is eliminated. He is always at the podium answering the tough questions
Ummmmm...maybe not.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was your guys favorite cav jersey combo this year?