• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyways, enough fun. gotta get to the office tomorrow...

guess Wiggy's gonna stay up and keep making excuses...

nite all...

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Golden State Warriors are definitely better than a Cleveland Cavaliers team without Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love.

Hats off to them. Like I said in my previous posts (that apparently some did not see) - Golden State deserved it- they played great ball all freaking year. They only lost 4 home games including regular season and playoffs if i am correct- that is totally insane. They had an extremely deep and versatile roster and Steve Kerr did a masterful job of adjusting- in my opinion- he BLEW AWAY the job Thibs and Budenholzer did in how he changed starting lineups, dusted off vets like Lee, managed his bench overall etc- Curry is just amazing while I think he needed the first couple games to adjust to the Finals he did so in stride and played awesome while dictating to the Cavs in the last three games.

It was just Golden States year. Great talent, coaching, depth, camaraderie, and a little luck to dodge the injury bug ends with a well deserved title. I have to say- if it was not the Cavs in the Finals I cant say I would have wanted any other team to win. Kerr is a class act. Curry is a great kid. Iggy is a vet that endured a lot of losing in Philly and even though right now I hate him I respect his effort in a huge way. Draymond Green is hte only guy that I wouldnt piss on if he was burning alive.

In this series- Cleveland had the best player talent wise (i dont think anyone would question that)- but Golden State probably had I would say 6 out of the next 8 most talented players and even had very good depth at the end of the bench with Speights, Barbosa, Livingston giving meaningful contributions.

The Cavs put up an effort to be proud of after being huge underdogs- and then practically buried after the Game 1 loss and Kyrie injury.

ohhhh ggeeezz...I literally will not be able to watch sports or listen to sports radio talk or anything for the next 2 weeks except maybe catch some Indians. I just feel ill and dissapointed and bitter- but hopefully with a little time and perspective I will be able to appreciate the great run that this was.

Congrats to Golden State!

Alcohol and poon helps that. Just take it day by day, one step at a time and before you know it, youve blacked out, and it's next season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he'll be taking it for a while, alright...

as I've always said, smack talk is a double edged sword...
I predicted the Cavs would lose in the Finals months ago- and after Kyrie Irving got hurt- the Cavs being an underdog went to them basically being written off totally. I dont know one sane person who thought the Cavs would win the series after game one- and before game one I predicted golden state in 5. I dont know where I was tlaking smack to Golden State fnas.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predicted the Cavs would lose in the Finals months ago- and after Kyrie Irving got hurt- the Cavs being an underdog went to them basically being written off totally. I dont know one sane person who thought the Cavs would win the series after game one- and before game one I predicted golden state in 5. I dont know where I was tlaking smack to Golden State fnas.

as said earlier, BEFORE the season started. i'll let Turnup continue to throw out reminders for you...

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 490.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for him. But he had to know he couldn't win by himself against this type of team.

That was a depressing ass Twitter post. You shouldnt be allowed to be that depressing with so few characters.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lyRTR, post: 6776653, member: 4963"]That was a depressing ass Twitter post. You shouldnt be allowed to be that depressing with so few characters.[/QUOTE]
Lol

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy to see the Warriors win. They've been a fun team to watch, are made up of a bunch of great guys, and I've always liked Steve Kerr. I'm especially happy for Andre Iguodala and Shaun Livingston. Iggy has been an all star but he wasn't #1 guy and wasn't really a 2 either but he was overqualified to be a role player. It just seemed like he would never find the right fit but he finally did. And Livingston, I'll never forget watching his knee explode. I've been impressed how he came back and made a fine career for himself.

And congrats to the Dubs fans here. It's always been one of the more active forums for as long as I've been here and now they got something to celebrate. Enjoy it

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
waiting for lebron to speak so i can call it a night

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LeBron has nothing to be ashamed of- he came damn close to averaging a triple double wiht like 35 points per game.

. BUT Besides that little help from Delly- and some nice efforts by TT and Mozzy, - the rest of the team without Kyrie, Love and Varejao just did not do nearly enough.

Really- the guard play was atrocious. Delly is a backup. Smith and Shumpert cant be primary guys. Before the teams best backcourt perimeter defender would cover Kyrie- now he was covering Smith (or Shumpert when Smith was out) and neither one could handle that- and the pressure that comes with it. All those open looks Jr got during the regular season dried up. Losing two forces like Kyrie and Love- who were hugely responsible for getting JR all those looks were in street clothes.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as said earlier, BEFORE the season started. i'll let Turnup continue to throw out reminders for you...

No problem.
He did pick the Warriors, but he's covered all bases for quite some time.

How many JR/Shump greatness posts were made leading into this series?

He made one wild prediction after another going back to preseason.
With that volume, you have to be right sometimes.

I kept mine pretty simple.
Karma was coming and at seasons end Cavs wouldn't be champs.

Glad I was right.

Now, it's over.

Let's get to the draft and FA.

Then we can start all over again.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron has nothing to be ashamed of- he came damn close to averaging a triple double wiht like 35 points per game.

. BUT Besides that little help from Delly- and some nice efforts by TT and Mozzy, - the rest of the team without Kyrie, Love and Varejao just did not do nearly enough.

Really- the guard play was atrocious. Delly is a backup. Smith and Shumpert cant be primary guys. Before the teams best backcourt perimeter defender would cover Kyrie- now he was covering Smith (or Shumpert when Smith was out) and neither one could handle that- and the pressure that comes with it. All those open looks Jr got during the regular season dried up. Losing two forces like Kyrie and Love- who were hugely responsible for getting JR all those looks were in street clothes.
I'm thinking Tristan earned himself a starting role.