• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, buddy, I'm not the only person on here pointing you out for it. I'll pass on your game. It's easy to use context clues to figure out what you're getting at. As I said, I'm not the only one pointing it out.

If any Cavs fan tries to dare refute any criticism you have against Lebron, we're wrong and being homers and you continue to then criticize us for it. That's what you are all about.

We get it, you hate Lebron. Get in line, there are a lot of you. Nobody can change how you feel, and you're entitled to feel that way. That said, you look like a whiny brat. Sorry, it just is what it is.

And 4 years ago, you were probably amongst those in Cleveland burning his jersey and calling him every name under the sun.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no kind of with Jordan. He is one of the biggest asses to ever play the game. The dude was flat out mean to his teammates. Some great stories about what an complete ass Jordan was....just google.

Kerr, the coach of GS, had to get into a fist fight with Jordan before Jordan showed him any respect.

Rick Reiley's piece on Jordan summed it up really well.

Be like Michael Jordan? No thanks - Rick Reilly

Say what you want about Lebron, but he's never been anywhere near as huge of a dick as MJ was/is.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, buddy, I'm not the only person on here pointing you out for it. I'll pass on your game. It's easy to use context clues to figure out what you're getting at. As I said, I'm not the only one pointing it out.

If any Cavs fan tries to dare refute any criticism you have against Lebron, we're wrong and being homers and you continue to then criticize us for it. That's what you are all about.

We get it, you hate Lebron. Get in line, there are a lot of you. Nobody can change how you feel, and you're entitled to feel that way. That said, you look like a whiny brat. Sorry, it just is what it is.

In other words, you can't find them. I'll bet you can find plenty where I've given Lebron credit for how great he is, how well he's played in this series and said that he's the best in the game. You can also find posts where I've called out Lebron haters for inaccurate things they've said about him.

Since you don't want to play the avi game. We're going to play a different one (you have no choice on this). The next time you accuse someone of saying something and don't back it up with a direct quote....you're gone.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And 4 years ago, you were probably amongst those in Cleveland burning his jersey and calling him every name under the sun.

I actually never had his jersey, I still have my old Witness t-shirt somewhere, and I never ripped the dude. I actually got into a lot of fights with Cavs fans about it when it happened.

He was a 25 year old multi-millionaire trapped on a team with a GM that had no interest in surrounding him with any kind of legitimate talent. Hell, we had a chance to trade for Amare Stoudemire in his prime and the idiot turned down the trade because he didn't want to give up JJ Hickson. I said it then and I still say it now, I don't blame him whatsoever for leaving, and I would've likely done the same thing. He was given some mid-level (at best) role players, a declining Antawn Jamison and the shell of Shaq and was tasked with winning a title.

I won't argue that a lot of Cavs fans hated on him. As I said, I got in a lot of fights about it with them, and it is funny seeing a lot of them completely reversing course and loving him again.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually never had his jersey, I still have my old Witness t-shirt somewhere, and I never ripped the dude. I actually got into a lot of fights with Cavs fans about it when it happened.

He was a 25 year old multi-millionaire trapped on a team with a GM that had no interest in surrounding him with any kind of legitimate talent. Hell, we had a chance to trade for Amare Stoudemire in his prime and the idiot turned down the trade because he didn't want to give up JJ Hickson. I said it then and I still say it now, I don't blame him whatsoever for leaving, and I would've likely done the same thing. He was given some mid-level (at best) role players, a declining Antawn Jamison and the shell of Shaq and was tasked with winning a title.

I won't argue that a lot of Cavs fans hated on him. As I said, I got in a lot of fights about it with them, and it is funny seeing a lot of them completely reversing course and loving him again.

I can respect that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that you can't tell the difference between a player saying he can beat another player one on one or that he's better than another player and what Lebron said is hilarious.

Also, I seriously doubt Curry would have said it. If he did, I'd say the same thing about him.

Well the fact is both are ill-advised in your book. You take every little comment Lebron makes it a big deal. It shows confidence, I never liked MJ but he has said some pretty arrogrant stuff--cant knock his confidence. Even with Kobes' comments, he is just saying what he believes and it is confidence.
I wouldnt have said anything on the subject, but of course the haters bring up every little thing.
It's pretty desperate and who cares.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I hate that he jaws with the refs as much as he does, but damn, that is pretty common these days.

I was listening to CBS the other morning and they had on Vinny Del *****. He pointed out that there are two types of refs these days - the ones that let the game dictate what needs to get called, and the ones that think the game is their's and the players need to play within the confines. I'm not saying that means everyone should be jawing with the refs all the time, but it doesn't make it easier.

Oh no doubt they get whistle happy - the majority of them. I guess I am used to it. They call too many fouls, then have to call make-up calls. It gets old.

Go watch some older games on DVD. I watch the Bulls Lakers in 1991 and other finals.. You barely hear a whistle.

If you ask me.. Baseball, basketball, football ALL have issues with this. The refs get way too involved in the game and it's making the game a joke at times. Sad really

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron won my respect during that Bulls series. And he's played well in the playoffs - not great in the last 2 games. Stats look good, but I can't understand some of the bad shots/air balls and dribbling off his leg a time or 2.

Thing is... If he starts this acting/flopping shit again, :L - that's why so many people hate the guy. I try not to be a hater, but no one wants to see the flops and acting from the best player in the game.

Be a man and when you foul someone hard, don't act like you didn't do it. The foul he had on Barnes, when Barnes had the put-back dunk was obvious. I saw him yelling at the refs, defending his case... Just raise your hand and play on.

See MJ

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing though...while I want the Cavs to win this series they aren't the team I have always rooted for. Just like you became a GS fan when they advanced to the Finals to face LeBron & Company. When I really started following the NBA back in the early 80's my dad & brother, Celtics fans. Because of them & Larry the Legend I have always been a Celtics fan & have never been a Cavs fan. The last NBA game I attended back in Ohio was in 1992, when the Cavs knocked the Celtics outta the playoffs & that was Larry the Legend's final NBA game. Since then I have only been to two other games. The 1996 AS Game in Cleveland when they introduced the 50 greatest players of all time (that was pretty damn cool) & I finally made it to a Nuggets this year. Guess which game I saw. The Celtic's only trip to Denver this season.

You REALLY think I'm a Warriors fan?
I'd root for anyone against LeBron, and truth be told,If James were not on the Cavs, I would have been rooting for THEM this series.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the fact is both are ill-advised in your book. You take every little comment Lebron makes it a big deal. It shows confidence, I never liked MJ but he has said some pretty arrogrant stuff--cant knock his confidence. Even with Kobes' comments, he is just saying what he believes and it is confidence.
I wouldnt have said anything on the subject, but of course the haters bring up every little thing.

99% of the time MJ always gave credit to his teammates after a win. Always. And he never had to explain losing. He went out and played hard, got hammered by the Pistons, Celtics for years going to the hole and didn't flop at all. He yelled at some refs, but the I never heard him say he was the best. He didn't have to, he just went out and took care of biz.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no doubt they get whistle happy - the majority of them. I guess I am used to it. They call too many fouls, then have to call make-up calls. It gets old.

Go watch some older games on DVD. I watch the Bulls Lakers in 1991 and other finals.. You barely hear a whistle.

If you ask me.. Baseball, basketball, football ALL have issues with this. The refs get way too involved in the game and it's making the game a joke at times. Sad really

I definitely agree, and it seems to be the way sports are heading. The 80s/early 90s were the best years of the NBA, IMO. You had so many bonafide stars and it seemed like they had way more intense rivalries. A lot of it was because of the tough play, I'm sure. I'm reminded of, especially, the late 80s/early 90s Pistons. They were some street fighters.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other words, you can't find them. I'll bet you can find plenty where I've given Lebron credit for how great he is, how well he's played in this series and said that he's the best in the game. You can also find posts where I've called out Lebron haters for inaccurate things they've said about him.

Since you don't want to play the avi game. We're going to play a different one (you have no choice on this). The next time you accuse someone of saying something and don't back it up with a direct quote....you're gone.

Does that go for just him??

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd root for anyone against LeBron, and truth be told,If James were not on the Cavs, I would have been rooting for THEM this series.

According to your profile, you are... :D

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never said you're GS fan. I said you're ROOTING FOR THEM to win it all. There's a difference.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's funny about all the Lebron hate is that he is WAY less of dick than most of the other great basketball players.

A guy like Jordan would be universally hated outside of Chicago if he had played during this era of social media because Jordan is legitimately a dick while Lebron just gets painted as one.

This. Lebron might do his flopping acts and whine more than the usual player, but have you seen how he constantly gets hit at the rim, other players would fall most of the time. It is sometimes a liablity to be so big and strong. The fact is Lebron is a dick, bc people want to hate on the best. Kobe and MJ were labeled dicks bc of their actions. Lebron in game isnt perfect, but all-around he isnt anything compared to Kobe and MJ as far as being a dick lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, I don't. What Lebron said was self serving. He had the opportunity to express confidence in his teammates and he chose not to and went the self serving route.

Like I said, what might him saying my teammates will be ready to play, I have confidence in them, have done for his teammates going into game 6? Lebron doesn't need to express confidence in himself. He's the best in the world. However, his teammates, none of whom are the best player in the world, probably could use a confidence boost right now.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said you're GS fan. I said you're ROOTING FOR THEM to win it all. There's a difference.

"Just like you became a GS fan when they advanced to the Finals to face LeBron & Company"

I don't see the word root there anywhere, but I do see GS fan, but whatever.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is significantly less fouls called now than there were back then.

There have been less fouls in the last 5-10 years of NBA basketball than in any era of the sport.