• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 40. I know what games looked like back then.

I think the games today have way more flow. Back then because of the zone rules, everything was ISO basketball. It was a lot less exciting basketball.

Back then, I think there was more ISO because there were talented big men who could play with their backs to the basket in a half court set. Players like McHale, Jabbar, Malone, Olajuwon, Ewing, etc. Big men like that hardly exist in the NBA any longer

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough about Lebron. I am even getting sick of the talk :shocked:

Who wins Game 6?

I think GS does, legs are giving out and I havent seen guys step up consistently. Plus the Warriors are in a groove, it seems like.

GSW............ Cavs are done unfortunately....... the guys in the suits sitting behind the bench last night, needed to be in the game.

I'm betting LBJ is frustrated beyond belief inside. no help. Delly hasn't been much of an impact like he was in the first 3 games. Smith and Shumpert needed to step, and they haven't or it wasn't enough.

Cavs dealing with too much of a handicap. too bad.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs tank is empty. I'd be surprised if they get another W in this series. The Warriors are simply much better, deeper & healthier.

exactly my thought on it...

like i've been saying, war of attrition. really what it boils down to...

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, where's all the Cavs fans that said this series was over for GS after game 2??? Haahaahahahahaha one more win gentlemen and you can cancel Xmas!

Oh and did I mention it was another doulbe digit win?? :clap:

congrats on your title*.

Maybe someday the Cavs can have the same advantage.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, where's all the Cavs fans that said this series was over for GS after game 2??? Haahaahahahahaha one more win gentlemen and you can cancel Xmas!

Oh and did I mention it was another doulbe digit win?? :clap:

I'll admit, with the Cavs' depth depleted by injuries, the Warriors are finally taking advantage. The Cavs are understandably gassed. I hope next year we get another shot at GS on equal footing.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GSW............ Cavs are done unfortunately....... the guys in the suits sitting behind the bench last night, needed to be in the game.

I'm betting LBJ is frustrated beyond belief inside. no help. Delly hasn't been much of an impact like he was in the first 3 games. Smith and Shumpert needed to step, and they haven't or it wasn't enough.

Cavs dealing with too much of a handicap. too bad.

agree with what you're saying about the guys in the suits. this is pretty much a case of LeBron and a bunch of second teamers going against a much deeper team and trying to win a title. i DO give 'em credit for one hell of an effort...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted earlier. I think game 6 will look a lot like games 4 and 5. I think the Cavs will start out stronger and keep it close longer because they will feed off of the energy of the home crowd, but in the end, they will run out of steam and the Warriors will pull away.

What is happening with the Cavs reminds me a lot of the '89 finals vs. Detroit when the Lakers lost Magic and Byron. They were able to come out strong, build leads and stay in the game. Eventually though, they would wear down and the Pistons would end up winning the game going away. You could literally see the Lakers start hitting the wall, just like we've seen with the Cavs.

Lebron has been so off the charts, crazy good that I think he'll get some serious consideration for MVP. He likely won't get it and there will be a lot of discussion about whether or not he deserved it. I won't disagree with any talk that he deserved it.

If the Cavs somehow extend this to a game 7 and lose a close one, I would definitely be in favor of Lebron getting the MVP.

That's a great comparison to the '89 Lakers & the injury bug that hit them. And if the Cavs extend the series to 7 I can see LeBron getting some serious consideration for MVP. Because w/o him the Warriors would have broken out the brooms & swept the Cavs in a very ugly fashion.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad, should have said rooting for them to win it all. One thing you can't deny...you have been on a nonstop anti LeBron kick since the start of the season. Didn't you say earlier this year you didn't care that LeBron left Miami? I'm asking you this...not saying you said that though, can't remember exactly. I know for a fact though you have said multiple times you'd supposedly rather have Beasley over LeBron. Which is odd.

1. Don't care that he's gone.
2. Never liked him before he came,so disliking him now isn't anything new.
3. I root for anyone wearing a Heat jersey, including him.
4. Beasley's been my guy since we drafted him. I wouldn't expect anyone outside of who knows me to understand.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One small consolation for Lebron. If he loses this series and doesn't get the MVP, I can't think of a better Finals performance. Not even Wade's.

James himself said Wade's was better last week.
4 in a row after being down 0-2 and by 13 late 3rd qtr in game 3.
Pretty impressive.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it were the only time that he did or said something self serving, I'd agree. However, it's not.

The meeting and gift LeBron James presented to teammates to prepare them for roller coaster of a Finals | cleveland.com

Here's an interesting article on how "self-serving" Lebron is. Something tells me you won't spend as much time trumpeting his generosity or all of the kind words his teammates have to say about it as you have trying to rip him for his "self-serving" words.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

James himself said Wade's was better last week.
4 in a row after being down 0-2 and by 13 late 3rd qtr in game 3.
Pretty impressive.
He's just being nice. No way was that Wade performance better than Lebrons this year. He's carrying scrubs and role players. Wade had a much better team around him. You also cite team achievements for Wade.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congrats on your title*.

Maybe someday the Cavs can have the same advantage.
Oh wow...don't sound salty now. Anyway, your team doesn't get off that easy. There's one...maybe two more games to be played. But, the stats show that the team that wins game 5 usually goes on to win the series.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you gotta admit that he DID get an awful lotta trips to the foul line, though...:lol:

He took advantage of how the games were being called.
He was such an attacker BACK THEN.
Now, he tries to draw the same fouls, but he isn't near the same type of athlete.
He tries to buy calls, but the refs aren't falling for it.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One small consolation for Lebron. If he loses this series and doesn't get the MVP, I can't think of a better Finals performance. Not even Wade's.

The only one that I can think of that comes close would be Jerry West in 1969 when he became the only player from the losing team to get the MVP.

He averaged 38 points, 7 assists and 5 rebounds. That series went 7 games and the Lakers lost game 7 by 2 points. No way of knowing for sure, but my guess would be the fact it went 7 and they lost by 2 is what tipped the scales in his favor.

So far, Lebron is averaging 37, 12 and 9. Slightly better than West and I'm pretty sure the Lakers didn't have the injury issues that Lebron is dealing with. That makes what Lebron is doing even more impressive, imo.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a great comparison to the '89 Lakers & the injury bug that hit them. And if the Cavs extend the series to 7 I can see LeBron getting some serious consideration for MVP. Because w/o him the Warriors would have broken out the brooms & swept the Cavs in a very ugly fashion.

Starting lineup of Mozgov, Delly, TT, JR Smith and Shump. :shocked:

The NBA may have had to institute a mercy rule and end the series after 3 games. :lol:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting lineup of Mozgov, Delly, TT, JR Smith and Shump. :shocked:

The NBA may have had to institute a mercy rule and end the series after 3 games. :lol:

If that was the Cavs starting line up GS would have not only swept them but they would have won each by 20 or more.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The meeting and gift LeBron James presented to teammates to prepare them for roller coaster of a Finals | cleveland.com

Here's an interesting article on how "self-serving" Lebron is. Something tells me you won't spend as much time trumpeting his generosity or all of the kind words his teammates have to say about it as you have trying to rip him for his "self-serving" words.

Doesn't change the fact that what he said was self serving or that he has a history of it.

Kobe is involved in helping homeless people in the L.A. area and has also done things for teammates. Doesn't make him any less of an arrogant prick. It just means that, like Lebron, he's not a total arrogant prick.

Funny that you think that article discounts what he has done and said publicly though.