• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that much. Thompson has been missing in action and Barnes and Green were having a bad series. Iggy came to play.

Iggy has, but tell him to work on free throws. That was depressing. Barnes and Green stepped up the last 2, especially Green.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, They were going to run out of gas sooner or later and bad news for cavs and their fans its happening now.

Yeah, the Cavs played this the only way that they could. They knew how undermanned they were, so they threw everything they had at the Warriors to try and build a 3-0 lead, hang on and figure they won't lose 4 in a row.

Darn near pulled it off too.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None. What is your point?
My point is you mention "if people follow LBJ on & off the court" we'd understand what he's done in support of other causes, yet in the same sentence you mention how MJ & Kobe are self-serving while here admitting you don't follow them off the court. How could you possibly make that judgement of them if you don't know their body of work outside of basketball but use that as a measuement stick when talking about LBJ?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Irving would of been a great help for LBJ. Love not as important because of how well Thompson has played. Della being the #2 pg would of kept him fresh and Irving would of gave them another driving threat and 3 pt shooter.

I hate how Blatt tried to match Kerr game plan and not play Moz. Moz coming off a Big game in game 4.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is you mention "if people follow LBJ on & off the court" we'd understand what he's done in support of other causes, yet in the same sentence you mention how MJ & Kobe are self-serving while here admitting you don't follow them off the court. How could you possibly make that judgement of them if you don't know their body of work outside of basketball but use that as a measuement stick when talking about LBJ?

I get what you're saying, and you make a good point. I don't follow Kobe and Michael off the court, and I can only go off of what is in the media about them.

However, my point about them was that they've also said very egotistical things publicly, which is why I didn't understand why trojan was making such a huge deal out of what Lebron said and accusing him of not taking the opportunity to compliment his teammates when, in reality, he is very well-known for complimenting his teammates at nearly every opportunity he has.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Cavs played this the only way that they could. They knew how undermanned they were, so they threw everything they had at the Warriors to try and build a 3-0 lead, hang on and figure they won't lose 4 in a row.

Darn near pulled it off too.
Yeah they were close. Game 1 is what killed them. They had that game and LBJ missed a couple game winners and next thing u know Irving gets hurt and Cavs lose. LBJ hits the game winner or Iman hits that shot and maybe Irving is still playing and Cavs might be up 3-0. Crazy how 1 play could of changed everything. I give Cavs credit for hanging in there. Cavs will need back to back monster games from LBJ(Shoot over 50%) and Role players will need to be hot for back to back games(at least 2 players Ex: Iman and JR).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Irving would of been a great help for LBJ. Love not as important because of how well Thompson has played. Della being the #2 pg would of kept him fresh and Irving would of gave them another driving threat and 3 pt shooter.

I hate how Blatt tried to match Kerr game plan and not play Moz. Moz coming off a Big game in game 4.

He should see more action in Game 6 and he should be fresh lol. They better build a good lead going into the fourth bc they will need it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually think Love would've been great to have for this series. Not only is he a great rebounder in his own right, but his scoring down low and outside would be amazing. Not only that, but he can hit the 3 about as well as any big in the NBA, so being able to draw guys like Green out to the perimeter would open more alleys for Lebron to drive, which he hasn't had much success with.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember your point about how I misquoted you and how you were going to ban me for it? How about you find where I accused you of saying Kobe or MJ didn't have bigger ego's than Lebron or weren't more self-serving.

Or are you saying this because you feel this is what I implied?

Also, as I thought was pretty clear by what I've been saying, they actually have made incredibly egotistical statements publically, and in fact I found examples of them both saying something that was far more egotistical.

Are you going to keep sitting here playing semantics? Because it's getting really old.

If you have an issue with what I say or how I say it, feel free to not read or respond to my posts.

By the way, pretty funny how you said this:

Anyone who has followed Lebron, on and off the court, know he is one of the least self-serving people in the NBA, especially as the star.

Then when asked how many NBA players you've followed on AND off the court, you replied with this:

None. What is your point?

I mean, how do you know? Or do you just follow people who follow NBA players on AND off the court and then repeat what they say?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iggy has, but tell him to work on free throws. That was depressing. Barnes and Green stepped up the last 2, especially Green.

He was Dwight-esque with his free throws last night. For awhile, it looked like it was going to cost them.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have an issue with what I say or how I say it, feel free to not read or respond to my posts.

By the way, pretty funny how you said this:

Then when asked how many NBA players you've followed on AND off the court, you replied with this:

I mean, how do you know? Or do you just follow people who follow NBA players on AND off the court and then repeat what they say?
LOL holy shit dude, take your own advice. You're the one coming after me threatening a ban because I made an inference (along with other posters who inferred the same thing).

Also, she asked me how many NBA players OF OTHER TEAMS I followed. I replied to her and explained above, if you have any other questions.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winded, he has done a great job. If you are trying to brag about an undrafted bench warmer with a hand in Currys' face and he still gets it to go, you are sad. Curry has played well the last 2, but his teammates have also really stepped up.
I said after Game 3 when Delly scored 20, they wont ever get production offensively out of him like that again. Great game, but we will need another game like that in Game 6 to stay alive.
Stop it. Me trying to brag? I'm pretty sure I said he couldn't guard Steph when he's on his game. You were the one swearing he can & will shut Curry down. I told you he wouldn't be able to keep up. Don't be upset now because what I told you would happen is happening. I can't even believe all of the back peddaling you've done since game 4 & now last night's game. I thought Cavs fans were better than that.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Love would've been great to have for this series. Not only is he a great rebounder in his own right, but his scoring down low and outside would be amazing. Not only that, but he can hit the 3 about as well as any big in the NBA, so being able to draw guys like Green out to the perimeter would open more alleys for Lebron to drive, which he hasn't had much success with.
In a way I agree and it would force GS to play big. They wouldn't be able to play small with Thompson , love and LBJ in the game. Between Irving and Love I think Irving would helped more because u have no back up options at the PG position but Love would 100% would help. Im just saying if LBj could of picked 1 to be healthy I think he would of took Irving.

I will say this and I might get heat for this but I think with Irving or Love Cavs win this. Im just not impressed with GS. Last year I was very impressed with the Spurs. This GS if they win it would of beat a lot of teams with major injuries.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 Do me a favor and just stop replying to my posts. I get that you're a mod, but I've read the rules of the board and I'm not breaking any of them by making a damn inference, so get off my back. If you feel the need to further discuss things, send me a message.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL holy shit dude, take your own advice. You're the one coming after me threatening a ban because I made an inference (along with other posters who inferred the same thing).

Also, she asked me how many NBA players OF OTHER TEAMS I followed. I replied to her and explained above, if you have any other questions.

No, I threatened to ban you because you have a habit of misquoting and/or taking what has been posted out of context.

Sorry you're having so much trouble keeping up. Maybe message boards aren't the best thing for you?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a way I agree and it would force GS to play big. They wouldn't be able to play small with Thompson , love and LBJ in the game. Between Irving and Love I think Irving would helped more because u have no back up options at the PG position but Love would 100% would help. Im just saying if LBj could of picked 1 to be healthy I think he would of took Irving.

I will say this and I might get heat for this but I think with Irving or Love Cavs win this. Im just not impressed with GS. Last year I was very impressed with the Spurs. This GS if they win it would of beat a lot of teams with major injuries.

You make a good point about the backup PG position. I think LBJ can fill that role to a point, but damn, he's playing enough roles. I was actually thinking Shump used to play PG in college, but I could be wrong.

I agree with your second part, and I got flamed pretty bad for saying it earlier. If you flip the script - Give Cleveland homecourt, a fully healthy roster, and take Draymond and Klay off of GS, I don't see GS winning 2 games.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that the Warriors are sitting pretty right now with the upper hand... and they've won handedly 2 games in a row now.

.... but this series isn't over. 3-0, its over. 3-1, its pretty much over. 3-2 is still very much a series.

2 wins in a row by the Cavs had people overly down on the Warriors... now 2 wins in a row from the Dubs has people overly down on the Cavs, imo.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 Do me a favor and just stop replying to my posts. I get that you're a mod, but I've read the rules of the board and I'm not breaking any of them by making a damn inference, so get off my back. If you feel the need to further discuss things, send me a message.

I'll respond to whatever I choose. I've explained the issue, you apologized and then started doing the same shit again. If you have an issue with that, you're free to find another board.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I threatened to ban you because you have a habit of misquoting and/or taking what has been posted out of context.

Sorry you're having so much trouble keeping up. Maybe message boards aren't the best thing for you?
That's what happens on message boards. People make inferences based on what people say and how they carry the conversations they're a part of. I wasn't trolling or being abusive, and I've had several people on here (LAD, for example) misquote/misinterpret something I post and try to call me out for it. It isn't something that you frickin ban someone for, it's banter about sports.