• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Irving would of been a great help for LBJ. Love not as important because of how well Thompson has played. Della being the #2 pg would of kept him fresh and Irving would of gave them another driving threat and 3 pt shooter.

I hate how Blatt tried to match Kerr game plan and not play Moz. Moz coming off a Big game in game 4.
Yea I blame Blatt for a couple of things that might have changed things in a couple of games. One, he played Kyrie too much in game 1. I don't care what people say. Regardless, he was injured and no matter how 'good' he felt before that game. He had a responsibility to monitor his minutes even if Kyrie didn't want to do that.
Two, he should've played Mozgov last night. How does a coach bench his player that pretty much gave him his best game ever the game before? Obviously what Mozgov did in game 4 worked for them...I mean he had 28 points and 10 boards. Mind boggling.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I blame Blatt for a couple of things that might have changed things in a couple of games. One, he played Kyrie too much in game 1. I don't care what people say. Regardless, he was injured and no matter how 'good' he felt before that game. He had a responsibility to monitor his minutes even if Kyrie didn't want to do that.
Two, he should've played Mozgov last night. How does a coach bench his player that pretty much gave him his best game ever the game before? Obviously what Mozgov did in game 4 worked for them...I mean he had 28 points and 10 boards. Mind boggling.

I actually agree... but just to play a little devils advocate... Mozgov had a monster game... but the Warriors blew them out playing small. Just because Moz scored a lot of points... doesn't mean it was good having him in there for the Cavs.

I personally would like to see Mozy more... but because of his rebounding more than anything. Failing to come up with defensive rebounds is what sunk the Cavs last night.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you're saying, and you make a good point. I don't follow Kobe and Michael off the court, and I can only go off of what is in the media about them.

However, my point about them was that they've also said very egotistical things publicly, which is why I didn't understand why trojan was making such a huge deal out of what Lebron said and accusing him of not taking the opportunity to compliment his teammates when, in reality, he is very well-known for complimenting his teammates at nearly every opportunity he has.
Got it. I think when LBJ said "I'm the best player in the world" he rubbed people the wrong way.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't necessarily disagree about your Kyrie point, but the injury that knocked him out was totally unrelated to his tendon issue. He could've played him 40 minutes or 4 minutes in game 1 - the knee issue was just waiting to happen unfortunately.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got it. I think when LBJ said "I'm the best player in the world" he rubbed people the wrong way.
Oh I have no doubt he did. That's already been evidenced here.

My point was that it was blown out of proportion, especially considering his track record of being an amazing teammate and more often than not taking the opportunity to compliment those around him.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what happens on message boards. People make inferences based on what people say and how they carry the conversations they're a part of. I wasn't trolling or being abusive, and I've had several people on here (LAD, for example) misquote/misinterpret something I post and try to call me out for it. It isn't something that you frickin ban someone for, it's banter about sports.
I'm sorry, how do I repeatidly get dragged into conversations when it has nothing to do with me?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, how do I repeatidly get dragged into conversations when it has nothing to do with me?
Haha, I didn't realize it was something that happened "repeatedly".

TF12 threatened to ban me because I made an inference on what he was posting (something that other members also inferred). He said that if I misquoted someone again he was going to ban me. I simply pointed out that it has happened to me and others on this board, and that's it's the nature of an online message board. You came to mind because I specifically remembered last week pointing out instances where you were putting words in my mouth. I'm not mad, it's sports banter and that's what is gonna happen on these boards. My point was it was way overboard to threaten to ban someone for it.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually agree... but just to play a little devils advocate... Mozgov had a monster game... but the Warriors blew them out playing small. Just because Moz scored a lot of points... doesn't mean it was good having him in there for the Cavs.

I personally would like to see Mozy more... but because of his rebounding more than anything. Failing to come up with defensive rebounds is what sunk the Cavs last night.
I see your point, but in that case you find a way to counter what they've done, not take a guy out after having the game of his life. By not playing him in game 5 was almost like punishing him for playing well. IMO not a good message sent by the coach. If anything, he has to find a way to reward him for his contribution by making other adjustments that include Mozgov.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point, but in that case you find a way to counter what they've done, not take a guy out after having the game of his life. By not playing him in game 5 was almost like punishing him for playing well. IMO not a good message sent by the coach. If anything, he has to find a way to reward him for his contribution by making other adjustments that include Mozgov.
Great points

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Love would've been great to have for this series. Not only is he a great rebounder in his own right, but his scoring down low and outside would be amazing. Not only that, but he can hit the 3 about as well as any big in the NBA, so being able to draw guys like Green out to the perimeter would open more alleys for Lebron to drive, which he hasn't had much success with.

Also having love would be great because the warriors would have a layup drill

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, I didn't realize it was something that happened "repeatedly".

TF12 threatened to ban me because I made an inference on what he was posting (something that other members also inferred). He said that if I misquoted someone again he was going to ban me. I simply pointed out that it has happened to me and others on this board, and that's it's the nature of an online message board. You came to mind because I specifically remembered last week pointing out instances where you were putting words in my mouth. I'm not mad, it's sports banter and that's what is gonna happen on these boards. My point was it was way overboard to threaten to ban someone for it.
Yes, it happened with Shane as well. And if you're gonna give examples of being misquoted please see the banter between Shane and I. He's 'misquoted' me more than I have fingers and toes to keep cout of.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that the Warriors are sitting pretty right now with the upper hand... and they've won handedly 2 games in a row now.

.... but this series isn't over. 3-0, its over. 3-1, its pretty much over. 3-2 is still very much a series.

2 wins in a row by the Cavs had people overly down on the Warriors... now 2 wins in a row from the Dubs has people overly down on the Cavs, imo.

I think the difference is that, even in the 2 games they won, the Cavs were barely hanging on at the end. It was pretty obvious that the lack of the depth was only going to get worse and it has.

I hate that the Cavs are so depleted. I prefer to see the 2 best teams at full strength. On the plus side, we are getting to see what will likely go down as the greatest individual performance in finals history.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it happened with Shane as well. And if you're gonna give examples of being misquoted please see the banter between Shane and I. He's 'misquoted' me more than I have fingers and toes to keep cout of.
LOL, I have no doubt. Like the rest of us, Shane can get excited.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also having love would be great because the warriors would have a layup drill
Nah, they wouldn't leave him in there without Moz or TT, at least I'd sure as hell hope not.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it. Me trying to brag? I'm pretty sure I said he couldn't guard Steph when he's on his game. You were the one swearing he can & will shut Curry down. I told you he wouldn't be able to keep up. Don't be upset now because what I told you would happen is happening. I can't even believe all of the back peddaling you've done since game 4 & now last night's game. I thought Cavs fans were better than that.

But I was right, bc he did in one game (something no one has done throughout the playoffs), but that doesnt mean every game lol. It happened once and he limited him in a couple others. Back pedaling, you are twisting things around like always. Delly is a bench player that didnt see over 25 minutes until Game 2 of this series, he has done a very good job on Curry. Most of the points he has scored recently have been on the switch. He has done a great job, no one can deny that.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the difference is that, even in the 2 games they won, the Cavs were barely hanging on at the end. It was pretty obvious that the lack of the depth was only going to get worse and it has.

I hate that the Cavs are so depleted. I prefer to see the 2 best teams at full strength. On the plus side, we are getting to see what will likely go down as the greatest individual performance in finals history.

Yeah, the Warriors wins have been far more convincing for sure. The Warriors handled the pressure of being down 2-1 very well. Which sucks because I'm sort of counting on the pressure of Game 7 at home against a depleted team getting to them. :frown:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I posted it somewhere but warriors have 4 of 7 players that have the most minutes played FWIW

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what happens on message boards. People make inferences based on what people say and how they carry the conversations they're a part of. I wasn't trolling or being abusive, and I've had several people on here (LAD, for example) misquote/misinterpret something I post and try to call me out for it. It isn't something that you frickin ban someone for, it's banter about sports.

Doing so as often as you do constitutes trolling and that IS in fact, a bannable offense. Shane and Wiggy are pretty much under the same category right now as you. They have stopped with the misquoting/taking out of context.

Let's see if you're as smart as they are.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't necessarily disagree about your Kyrie point, but the injury that knocked him out was totally unrelated to his tendon issue. He could've played him 40 minutes or 4 minutes in game 1 - the knee issue was just waiting to happen unfortunately.
I'm not sure whether or not the two injuries are related, however, I do think that his knee cap probably gave out because it might have already been injured and having played all those minutes probably is part of the reason it gave out. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I was right, bc he did in one game (something no one has done throughout the playoffs), but that doesnt mean every game lol. It happened once and he limited him in a couple others. Back pedaling, you are twisting things around like always. Delly is a bench player that didnt see over 25 minutes until Game 2 of this series, he has done a very good job on Curry. Most of the points he has scored recently have been on the switch. He has done a great job, no one can deny that.

Delly can't guard him