• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No lol. If you dont understand, either read better or dont respond.
Or, you could learn to articulate. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would appreciate it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm....I know we're getting along & I have actually enjoyed the convo but, I have to say I don't recall putting words in your mouth. Lets call it misunderstanding your points so we can stay friends?? :hope: :suds:
Haha, this has been pretty much exactly what happened with my and TF. As I said, it's an anonymous message board. This happens. It's banter about sports between two fans of opposing teams playing for all the marbles. If we were sitting here only caring about each other's feelings and trying not to dare get under each other's skin, this board would suck.

:suds:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to give credit where credit is due. When you put a hand in the face and contain him he deserves credit, even it is partly due to the team defense. Delly did a good job on the MVP, that is saying a lot.
Too funny. Maybe you should've made this humble post the first time around instead of shoving the fact that suddenly he's this great 'Curry stopper' down our throats and we wouldn't be having this conversation now that Delly's a non-factor in relation to defending Curry.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs insight thorough out the series

Game 2-3 Insight: "Delly is great! He's shut down Curry. Some MVP lol!"

Games 4-5 Insight: "Wow, Curry destroyed a guy who didn't even get drafted."

Game 1-3 Insight: "The Cavs have heart and are tougher than GS."

Game 4-5 Insight. "GS is overrated. They should be sweeping this team. We'd kill them iwth Love and Kyrie
ca

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs insight thorough out the series

Game 2-3 Insight: "Delly is great! He's shut down Curry. Some MVP lol!"

Games 4-5 Insight: "Wow, Curry destroyed a guy who didn't even get drafted."

Game 1-3 Insight: "The Cavs have heart and are tougher than GS."

Game 4-5 Insight. "GS is overrated. They should be sweeping this team. We'd kill them iwth Love and Kyrie
ca
EXACTLY MY POINT. :10:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs are still very much alive. Being down 3 to 2 is where they were supposed to be at this point. No time for the Warriors to get overconfident like what might have happened after Game 1.

Regarding LeBron's "best player in the game" comment, I have no problem with it, especially since it's the truth. I watched his press conference and I thought he actually did a really good job not taking the bait when reporters were trying hard to get him to say that this Cavs teams is the worst of all the teams he has taken to the Finals. It's hilarious how so many people can get so hysterical over every little thing the guy says.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance Blatt keeps his job? We need a win now coach. Not a guy who's learning on the job for the next few years.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too funny. Maybe you should've made this humble post the first time around instead of shoving the fact that suddenly he's this great 'Curry stopper' down our throats and we wouldn't be having this conversation now that Delly's a non-factor in relation to defending Curry.

Delly played over his head in a couple games and he's now just regressing to his mean performance. If you're Blatt, you can't expect very much from Delly in the remaining games, and for sure, you don't want him taking many shots since he is so inefficient on offense.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance Blatt keeps his job? We need a win now coach. Not a guy who's learning on the job for the next few years.

Depends on James.
I think he's 50/50 at best.

Why is it that when James changes what the coach calls (winning shot play vs Bulls in game 4) he's essentially saying he does what he wants, but when asked about the short rotation after game 4 says that it's up to the coach???:noidea::nono:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's had a history of success, albeit in a different league, and the Cavs have exceeded expectations, so it's only right to give him more time.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delly played over his head in a couple games and he's now just regressing to his mean performance. If you're Blatt, you can't expect very much from Delly in the remaining games, and for sure, you don't want him taking many shots since he is so inefficient on offense.
I agree. This is the very reason I originally said the Cavs would win a game or two. I already knew the impact LBJ could/would have in a couple games and also knew with the task at hand, and with the accolades of their opponent, that he wouldn't be able to win the series.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on James.
I think he's 50/50 at best.

Why is it that when James changes what the coach calls (winning shot play vs Bulls in game 4) he's essentially saying he does what he wants, but when asked about the short rotation after game 4 says that it's up to the coach???:noidea::nono:
A player changing a call is one thing. A player setting the rotation and making subs is totally different :noidea: I think they need to get a coach that runs the show. Not a puppet for James.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing James Jones & Mike Miller 31 minutes for only 3 points is why the Cavs lost. These 2 guys should not have been signed. That is Lebron's fault for making poor GM moves which is why players should not be in charge of who gets signed or traded. Lebron forcing Wiggins out of town was another really bad move. The team has proven to play better with Tristan Thompson in the lineup over Love and just imagine if they had Andrew Wiggins playing 30 minutes a game instead of the over the hill James Jones/Mike Miller fiasco.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, if we had a healthy squad there's a good chance this series would already be over. The fact that we are where we are isn't a detriment to him.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had a history of success, albeit in a different league, and the Cavs have exceeded expectations, so it's only right to give him more time.
Success in Europe means nothing to me.

That's like the Patriots hiring a coach from the Canadian football league because the guy won there.

If we keep Blatt and he continues to make mistakes then we lose out on our window of opportunity. The real question is are there any coaches worth replacing him with.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A player changing a call is one thing. A player setting the rotation and making subs is totally different :noidea: I think they need to get a coach that runs the show. Not a puppet for James.

I'm not saying that James should be on the bench DURING games making the substitutions.

I'm saying if he felt that more players needed to be used, he would have 'suggested it' to Blatt before game 3 and or certainly before game 4.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs are still very much alive. Being down 3 to 2 is where they were supposed to be at this point. No time for the Warriors to get overconfident like what might have happened after Game 1.

Regarding LeBron's "best player in the game" comment, I have no problem with it, especially since it's the truth. I watched his press conference and I thought he actually did a really good job not taking the bait when reporters were trying hard to get him to say that this Cavs teams is the worst of all the teams he has taken to the Finals. It's hilarious how so many people can get so hysterical over every little thing the guy says.
No one is arguing that he's the best player in the league. What we're saying is he could be considered captain obvious since it's very well known already and that wasn't even the question he was asked. Again, that response at that particular time is what rubbed people the wrong way.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, if we had a healthy squad there's a good chance this series would already be over. The fact that we are where we are isn't a detriment to him.
Dude

we're here cause of James. Blatt has looked like a fool on multiple occasions.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying that James should be on the bench DURING games making the substitutions.

I'm saying if he felt that more players needed to be used, he would have 'suggested it' to Blatt before game 3 and or certainly before game 4.
Ahhh gotcha