• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing James Jones & Mike Miller 31 minutes for only 3 points is why the Cavs lost. These 2 guys should not have been signed. That is Lebron's fault for making poor GM moves which is why players should not be in charge of who gets signed or traded. Lebron forcing Wiggins out of town was another really bad move. The team has proven to play better with Tristan Thompson in the lineup over Love and just imagine if they had Andrew Wiggins playing 30 minutes a game instead of the over the hill James Jones/Mike Miller fiasco.

You're right. Both of those guys look so lazy and slow that they have no business playing significant minutes in an NBA Finals game.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, if we had a healthy squad there's a good chance this series would already be over. The fact that we are where we are isn't a detriment to him.

Neither is their success.

I was serious this summer when I said James should be player/coach.
The could pay him a ton to coach which doesn't count towards the cap.
Then he could play for a few million and really stack the roster.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing James Jones & Mike Miller 31 minutes for only 3 points is why the Cavs lost. These 2 guys should not have been signed. That is Lebron's fault for making poor GM moves which is why players should not be in charge of who gets signed or traded. Lebron forcing Wiggins out of town was another really bad move. The team has proven to play better with Tristan Thompson in the lineup over Love and just imagine if they had Andrew Wiggins playing 30 minutes a game instead of the over the hill James Jones/Mike Miller fiasco.
Well I already made the point about them giving up Wiggins and was basically told, woulda, shoulda, coulda. SMH

Two points on that:
One: Cavs fans would have to first admit that Kyrie is injury prone in order for keeping Wiggins to make sense
Two: Cavs fans would have to admit that the FO made yet another fumble when it comes to top picks via the draft

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people are getting way too worked up over James. If the Warriors make their free throws it would have been a complete blowout. The only time they were close was when JR was hitting 3's in the first half. Definitely NOT the Finals MVP.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance Blatt keeps his job? We need a win now coach. Not a guy who's learning on the job for the next few years.
There was a comment made by Grant Hill lastnight in the postgame show. He said that Blatt should've used more guys off the bench in order to give his regular rotation guys more rest rather than have Delly, LBJ and ect. litterally gassed & exhausted. You have guys like Marion, for example, that could go in and get those guys more rest.

I agree, they need a better coach who understands the toll these longer seasons (as opposed to college schedules), especially when teams go deep into the playoffs, have on the players. Especially when the team isn't healthy.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people are getting way too worked up over James. If the Warriors make their free throws it would have been a complete blowout. The only time they were close was when JR was hitting 3's in the first half. Definitely NOT the Finals MVP.
Game 4 already proved it wouldn't even be close & that wasn't even a great performace by the Warriors.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blatt has coached 40-minute basketball games his entire coaching career until now.

The 8 minute adjustment up to 48 is huge. In international basketball... you can get away without playing your bench. In the NBA it catches up to you - especially in a a 7 game series at the end of a long postseason.

In his defense, though... playing your bench becomes harder and harder to stick to with every key injury.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a comment made by Grant Hill lastnight in the postgame show. He said that Blatt should've used more guys off the bench in order to give his regular rotation guys more rest rather than have Delly, LBJ and ect. litterally gassed & exhausted. You have guys like Marion, for example, that could go in and get those guys more rest.

I agree, they need a better coach who understands the toll these longer seasons (as opposed to college schedules), especially when teams go deep into the playoffs, have on the players. Especially when the team isn't healthy.

off THAT bench? seriously...?

i would've LOVED to see 'em put Perk in the game. mighta been worth the chuckles...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 4 already proved it wouldn't even be close & that wasn't even a great performace by the Warriors.
giphy.gif

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
off THAT bench? seriously...?

i would've LOVED to see 'em put Perk in the game. mighta been worth the chuckles...
Well I never said it would've won them the game or anything. :lol:

But the point is you gotta work with what you have and it could've meant saving his starters' legs for a run in the end.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Success in Europe means nothing to me.

That's like the Patriots hiring a coach from the Canadian football league because the guy won there.

If we keep Blatt and he continues to make mistakes then we lose out on our window of opportunity. The real question is are there any coaches worth replacing him with.

I like Thibs. Or maybe you can hire someone who has learned under Coach Pop, which has so far worked great for the Warriors and Hawks.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I never said it would've won them the game or anything. :lol:

But the point is you gotta work with what you have and it could've meant saving his starters' legs for a run in the end.

hehe, yeah i get that...

needless to say that the Cavs have a lot of work to do this off-season to improve their depth...

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hehe, yeah i get that...

needless to say that the Cavs have a lot of work to do this off-season to improve their depth...
I'm surprised they didn't have the ability to look down their bench and realize it rather than learning the hard way against a team whose bench is AWESOME! :nod:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe Blatt can bring in someone like Kendrick Perkins when LeBron and the starters are tired and have Perk do a Hack an Iggy to slow the game down and buy rest for LeBron. Blatt could even keep LeBron on the floor while he does this. As long as LeBron doesn't get traumatized watching Iggy take free throws, LeBron can get important rest while the action is stopped.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised they didn't have the ability to look down their bench and realize it rather than learning the hard way against a team whose bench is AWESOME! :nod:

there IS a couple of things i might do if i'm the W's in the off-season, though. namely considering moving Bogut. the guy's been putrid in this series...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Blatt can bring in someone like Kendrick Perkins when LeBron and the starters are tired and have Perk do a Hack an Iggy to slow the game down and buy rest for LeBron. Blatt could even keep LeBron on the floor while he does this. As long as LeBron doesn't get traumatized watching Iggy take free throws, LeBron can get important rest while the action is stopped.

the guy is good for 6 fouls...