• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly exagerrated lol
Says the "King" of exagerration. I have a feeling you were looking at Delly's defense through those same homer goggles you use when admiring your LBJ wallpaper/posters!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just a PSA for all the confused posters out there:

The NBA finals is actually best of 7, not best of 5. Hope that clears things up for some of you.

:suds:

Alot of people didn't even think it would go 5.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah bogut makes your team much better. What this team needs is more shooting IMO

LOL Bogut has been good on defense, but he commits dumb fouls and is essentially a liability. And he hasnt even played the last 2 games where GS won. He isnt very good lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people are getting way too worked up over James. If the Warriors make their free throws it would have been a complete blowout. The only time they were close was when JR was hitting 3's in the first half. Definitely NOT the Finals MVP.

It was close for almost 3 and 1/2 quarters. Then after that GS was hitting shots and Cleveland wore down.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was this pic when your fellow Cav fan Shane was hyping Delly's defense on Curry after game 2? :heh:

LOL You can twist whatever way you want, but Delly and the Cavs D shut him down that game. Never said Delly was the best defender ever, he has done a great job the whole series, especially for a bench player who played limited minutes.
Congrats Curry scored on Delly :pound:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still dont get why Marion isnt playing minutes though. He isnt hurt and he would be a fresh body to play 10-15 minutes. It could help out a little.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blatt has coached 40-minute basketball games his entire coaching career until now.

The 8 minute adjustment up to 48 is huge. In international basketball... you can get away without playing your bench. In the NBA it catches up to you - especially in a a 7 game series at the end of a long postseason.

In his defense, though... playing your bench becomes harder and harder to stick to with every key injury.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the international teams play 82 game seasons either. So Blatt has the double whammy of having to learn how to substitute during longer games and a longer season.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night during the game, 5yr old Slink Jr referred to Blatt as "the weird eye guy."

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something just bothers me about Blatt. I think he is a good guy and all, but he just is kinda dull. I saw him try to motivate the team and it was ok. I guess you dont have to be loud, Phil was a pretty quiet guy, at least during games, right?
That being said, he isnt going anywhere.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong, but I don't think the international teams play 82 game seasons either. So Blatt has the double whammy of having to learn how to substitute during longer games and a longer season.

I believe it is 22 regular season games, max is 30 if they get to the championship. Huge difference

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it is 22 regular season games, max is 30 if they get to the championship. Huge difference

Holy crap!! That is a huge difference. I figured the seasons were at least 50 games. If 30 is the max and it's 20 minute halves, he's basically a college coach. No wonder he he struggles with minutes. That's hardly his fault and the Cavs had to have known this when they hired him. They should give him at least another season or 2.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs hired before they had LeBron and then didn't want to do the firing before he even coached a practice. LeBron won with Spoles still a little wet behind the ears. They should have gone and gotten a more NBA respected guy though. Did Jerry Sloan die?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap!! That is a huge difference. I figured the seasons were at least 50 games. If 30 is the max and it's 20 minute halves, he's basically a college coach. No wonder he he struggles with minutes. That's hardly his fault and the Cavs had to have known this when they hired him. They should give him at least another season or 2.

lol That's what I thought to. I looked it up, they have no wear and tear. That's why they are so soft lol.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs hired before they had LeBron and then didn't want to do the firing before he even coached a practice. LeBron won with Spoles still a little wet behind the ears. They should have gone and gotten a more NBA respected guy though. Did Jerry Sloan die?

What about Jeff Van Gundy?

Or Mark Jackson? :laugh3:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah. The Cavs are in a bit of a tough spot. Blatt was hired to coach a very young team that he was expected to grow with. Then, Lebron comes back, they trade for Love, add some veteran FA's and suddenly he's coaching a team that's expected to win a championship. This, even though he hadn't even held an NBA practice yet.

On the one hand, it's hardly Blatt's fault that the roster changed as dramatically as it did, they did make it to the finals and have performed well despite being greatly undermanned.

On the other hand, he has made some glaring, but understandable, rookie mistakes and the Cavs championship window could close while he learns on the job.

So, while it would be very unfair to fire him, it might also give them their best chance at a title or 2.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. The Cavs are in a bit of a tough spot. Blatt was hired to coach a very young team that he was expected to grow with. Then, Lebron comes back, they trade for Love, add some veteran FA's and suddenly he's coaching a team that's expected to win a championship. This, even though he hadn't even held an NBA practice yet.

On the one hand, it's hardly Blatt's fault that the roster changed as dramatically as it did, they did make it to the finals and have performed well despite being greatly undermanned.

On the other hand, he has made some glaring, but understandable, rookie mistakes and the Cavs championship window could close while he learns on the job.

So, while it would be very unfair to fire him, it might also give them their best chance at a title or 2.

At the end of the day, it's Cavs management that hired him. If they knew the direction they were going in they could've gone with Sloan, George Karl, Van Gundy (jeff), or Mark Jackson.