• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day, it's Cavs management that hired him. If they knew the direction they were going in they could've gone with Sloan, George Karl, Van Gundy (jeff), or Mark Jackson.

Oh no doubt that they are the one's that put themselves in this tough spot. They could have hired a veteran NBA coach to bring their young guys along more quickly. Still a tough spot though.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make a good point about the backup PG position. I think LBJ can fill that role to a point, but damn, he's playing enough roles. I was actually thinking Shump used to play PG in college, but I could be wrong.

I agree with your second part, and I got flamed pretty bad for saying it earlier. If you flip the script - Give Cleveland homecourt, a fully healthy roster, and take Draymond and Klay off of GS, I don't see GS winning 2 games.
Yeah I think GS might of won 1 game. Curry would of went off at least once.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I have no doubt he did. That's already been evidenced here.

My point was that it was blown out of proportion, especially considering his track record of being an amazing teammate and more often than not taking the opportunity to compliment those around him.
I think the other thing that people are backlashing at is how LBJ went into the locker room by himself. He wanted nothing to do with his teammates. Like I said before I don't blame him. He got no help. Only other player to show up was Thmpson.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no doubt that they are the one's that put themselves in this tough spot. They could have hired a veteran NBA coach to bring their young guys along more quickly. Still a tough spot though.
I agree they should of got a proven HC to coach this team. Blatt would of been Asst with GS and he would of got some experience. Would of helped him in the future.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think GS might of won 1 game. Curry would of went off at least once.
I agree. GS could've won one or two games but that would've probably been it. Having said that, I think it was pretty realistic of those of us that said the Cavs would win one or two. It was also based on the fact their roster is pretty much depleted.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they should of got a proven HC to coach this team. Blatt would of been Asst with GS and he would of got some experience. Would of helped him in the future.

Completely forgot about that.

If memory serves, he was basically hired as an assistant and then had to decline the job when the Cavs offered him the HC job.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. GS could've won one or two games but that would've probably been it. Having said that, I think it was pretty realistic of those of us that said the Cavs would win one or two. It was also based on the fact their roster is pretty much depleted.
Yeah I had Cavs with 1 win with out Irving. Getting 1 more wasn't crazy. 3 now I would be really shocked. Will LBJ go off or will he be displeased with his teammates and hide like in 2007 where he just gave up in that last game. i think he learned from that and we will see an attacking LBJ tomorrow.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to say it again, I have no sympathy for Lebron. He knew Love and Irving were injury prone and that's the guys he wanted to play with, so he has to accept it.

YOu're right about Love and Irving being injury prone, but I haven't seen where Lebron is asking for sympathy. He could understandably be showing much more frustration than he is.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
``2
Yeah I had Cavs with 1 win with out Irving. Getting 1 more wasn't crazy. 3 now I would be really shocked. Will LBJ go off or will he be displeased with his teammates and hide like in 2007 where he just gave up in that last game. i think he learned from that and we will see an attacking LBJ tomorrow.

One would hope he's learned. There's nothing worse than your franchise player quitting.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOu're right about Love and Irving being injury prone, but I haven't seen where Lebron is asking for sympathy. He could understandably be showing much more frustration than he is.
Hearing him talk about being in the moment I wonder if he thinks back on his first Finals as a heat & how he & Wade took for granted they were the favorites to win & got the business from Dallas. I mean they went so far as making fun of Dirk and actually could've learned toughness from him had they been paying attention.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walking out on his team by himself showed his frustration. I don't know what more u could do to show more disrespect then that besides telling the media they suck.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hearing him talk about being in the moment I wonder if he thinks back on his first Finals as a heat & how he & Wade took for granted they were the favorites to win & got the business from Dallas. I mean they went so far as making fun of Dirk and actually could've learned toughness from him had they been paying attention.

In the Mavericks series, the Heat took their foot off their accelerator in Game 5 when up 2-1 and Lebron shrunk in the 4th quarter. See his stats in that series. He deferred and was guarded by Lebron stopper Barea. There was a reason Lebron developed a post game after than year. That series was instrumental in making Lebron who is today.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I understand the Cavs approach to game 5. Seems to me by going small they negated the one advantage they have in this series, that being size. I know they lost game 4 by 20 but they crushed GS on the boards and were constantly getting second and third shots on a possession. Mazdov was their best player by far.

I think by going small they played right into the Dubs' hands. Golden State's smalls are much better than Cleveland's and it showed. I never felt the Dubs were in danger of losing last night. I bet the Dubs close them out on Thursday if the Cavs go with this approach again.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Mavericks series, the Heat took their foot off their accelerator in Game 5 when up 2-1 and Lebron shrunk in the 4th quarter. See his stats in that series. He deferred and was guarded by Lebron stopper Barea. There was a reason Lebron developed a post game after than year. That series was instrumental in making Lebron who is today.
And he also did what I already explained. I didn't ask for his stats in that series because I remember them, but thank you anyway. I see what someone here already pointed out is true. LBJ fans can't take someone pointing out true facts that don't have to do with him being the "greatest". SMH

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I understand the Cavs approach to game 5. Seems to me by going small they negated the one advantage they have in this series, that being size. I know they lost game 4 by 20 but they crushed GS on the boards and were constantly getting second and third shots on a possession. Mazdov was their best player by far.

I think by going small they played right into the Dubs' hands. Golden State's smalls are much better than Cleveland's and it showed. I never felt the Dubs were in danger of losing last night. I bet the Dubs close them out on Thursday if the Cavs go with this approach again.
Exactly, which is why I said Blatt not playing Mozgov lastnight was mind boggling. Could you imagine what the series would look like if LBJ hadn't taken it upon himself to change plays & what not? Goodness.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walking out on his team by himself showed his frustration. I don't know what more u could do to show more disrespect then that besides telling the media they suck.

I went to bed pretty shortly after the game last night, so I didn't catch this happen..when did it?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, which is why I said Blatt not playing Mozgov lastnight was mind boggling. Could you imagine what the series would look like if LBJ hadn't taken it upon himself to change plays & what not? Goodness.
Agreed. You don't take Mozgov out just because Bogut is not playing. Blatt is letting Golden State dictate what Cleveland does on the court and that is a recipe for failure

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Cavs are so limited personnel wise that I'm sure Blatt was hoping that Kerr would never play a small lineup. Now that he has, he can't use Mosgov as much. I'd personally rotate out Thompson and Mosgov, but there's only so much the Cavs can do at this point.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs are so limited personnel wise that I'm sure Blatt was hoping that Kerr would never play a small lineup. Now that he has, he can't use Mosgov as much. I'd personally rotate out Thompson and Mosgov, but there's only so much the Cavs can do at this point.
Yea LBJ mentioned in his postgame interview that they don't have the luxury of using multiple lineups like Kerr. They are definitely undermanned. I also think that with a week off before the Finals even started they failed to have a solid game plan. They knew Love was out and that there was a possibility Kyrie wasn't going to be 100%. When you fail to plan you're planning to fail. There is plenty of game film of the Warriors. He could've better prepared this team instead of relying on LBJ to do everything every game.