• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I don't. What Lebron said was self serving. He had the opportunity to express confidence in his teammates and he chose not to and went the self serving route.

Like I said, what might him saying my teammates will be ready to play, I have confidence in them, have done for his teammates going into game 6? Lebron doesn't need to express confidence in himself. He's the best in the world. However, his teammates, none of whom are the best player in the world, probably could use a confidence boost right now.

And you are acting like he doesn't do that. That is the point. Lebron has a notable history of boosting his teammates and giving them tons of credit. You're taking one thing he said and trying to apply it to his entire mindset and acting as if that's all he cares about.

And no, I can't find a post saying verbatim that you said that is all he cares about. You are strongly inferring it. If I am wrong, please accept my apologies.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
99% of the time MJ always gave credit to his teammates after a win. Always. And he never had to explain losing. He went out and played hard, got hammered by the Pistons, Celtics for years going to the hole and didn't flop at all. He yelled at some refs, but the I never heard him say he was the best. He didn't have to, he just went out and took care of biz.

Well 99% of the time, Lebron does the same thing. This is desperation mode. I will admit he didnt have to say it, but I dont think there is anything wrong with that. Lebron shows he trusts his teammates just as much as anyone, and he does it in the locker room and on the court. Postgame interviews is just media bs IMO

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is significantly less fouls called now than there were back then.

There have been less fouls in the last 5-10 years of NBA basketball than in any era of the sport.

Go back and watch the VHS tapes. :pound: I don't know all the numbers, but the number of whistles seems to be a lot more. Not a lot of flow to games these days... Back then, well.. go back and watch then you tell me what you think.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough about Lebron. I am even getting sick of the talk :shocked:

Who wins Game 6?

I think GS does, legs are giving out and I havent seen guys step up consistently. Plus the Warriors are in a groove, it seems like.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who wins Game 6?

I think GS does, legs are giving out and I havent seen guys step up consistently. Plus the Warriors are in a groove, it seems like.

You may be right. Although, I've learned never to count out Lebron. But I found the following article very interesting.

2015 NBA Playoffs: LeBron James' unfathomable workload

I said it around game 2. The Cavs needed to win this series in 5. The longer this series goes on would be a detriment to the Cavs given the depth of the Warriors. All Golden St. needs to do is simply hang in there for the wave that is Lebron through 3 quarters. At that point, Lebron and what's left of his team will be gassed. Look at game 3, Golden St. nearly came back in the 4th, but Cleveland had built that significant lead in the 3rd quarter.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well 99% of the time, Lebron does the same thing. This is desperation mode. I will admit he didnt have to say it, but I dont think there is anything wrong with that. Lebron shows he trusts his teammates just as much as anyone, and he does it in the locker room and on the court. Postgame interviews is just media bs IMO

I try not to hate. I'm sure after losing the game and going down 3-2 Lebron wanted to make sure no one out there thought it was over for the Cavs.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Just like you became a GS fan when they advanced to the Finals to face LeBron & Company"

I don't see the word root there anywhere, but I do see GS fan, but whatever.

My bad, should have said rooting for them to win it all. One thing you can't deny...you have been on a nonstop anti LeBron kick since the start of the season. Didn't you say earlier this year you didn't care that LeBron left Miami? I'm asking you this...not saying you said that though, can't remember exactly. I know for a fact though you have said multiple times you'd supposedly rather have Beasley over LeBron. Which is odd.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I don't. What Lebron said was self serving. He had the opportunity to express confidence in his teammates and he chose not to and went the self serving route.

Like I said, what might him saying my teammates will be ready to play, I have confidence in them, have done for his teammates going into game 6? Lebron doesn't need to express confidence in himself. He's the best in the world. However, his teammates, none of whom are the best player in the world, probably could use a confidence boost right now.

To a certain point you are right, but like I said in another post. He does that in the locker room and out on the court most importantly. Look what he did for JR to get out to a hot start, he was gettting him the ball, turns out the hot shooting didnt continue you, but you see my point. Smart players realize Lebron is about the team, they know him, they have played with him most or all of the year. He didnt need to say it, but I think he was pissed off and he probably should of just said "No" or something simple. But he has never been simple and never shows a lack of confidence.
Either way, I think it is blown out of proportion.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who wins Game 6?

I don't know if Cleveland has enough left, man. I hate it. They had such a great season but the injury bug hit them hard when they could least afford for it to. GS seems to have found their stride. Maybe the home court will help, but I don't know if it will be enough.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who wins Game 6?

The Cavs tank is empty. I'd be surprised if they get another W in this series. The Warriors are simply much better, deeper & healthier.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back and watch the VHS tapes. :pound: I don't know all the numbers, but the number of whistles seems to be a lot more. Not a lot of flow to games these days... Back then, well.. go back and watch then you tell me what you think.

I'm 40. I know what games looked like back then.

I think the games today have way more flow. Back then because of the zone rules, everything was ISO basketball. It was a lot less exciting basketball.

They would either lob into the post and ISO or throw to a wing and ISO. Today almost everything is a play or a set of some sort.

And now the emphasis is on defending without fouling. And you have all these super-athletic dudes that can actually do it and do it well. Back then you had two athletic guys on the floor and then 3 other guys that were taught to foul if their man made it into the paint because they simply weren't athletic enough to defend well enough without fouling anyway.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you are acting like he doesn't do that. That is the point. Lebron has a notable history of boosting his teammates and giving them tons of credit. You're taking one thing he said and trying to apply it to his entire mindset and acting as if that's all he cares about.

And no, I can't find a post saying verbatim that you said that is all he cares about. You are strongly inferring it. If I am wrong, please accept my apologies.

I'm not strongly inferring anything other than Lebron has a tendency to say and do things that come off as self-serving and/or attention seeking. He had an opportunity to publicly express confidence in his teammates and he chose to express confidence in himself instead.

What did he gain from what he said? How did it help his teammates? His team is in the finals and trying to win a championship against odds that are probably impossible to overcome at this point and Lebron chooses not to publicly express confidence in his teammates. Sorry, but that doesn't come across as him being about the team.

And don't get me wrong. I think he is about his team and I have no doubt that he tries to build his teammates confidence. This, however, was an opportunity to do so publicly and he didn't do it.

Apology accepted.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears to me that LBJ was quite content with doing everything himself in games 1 & 2. It wasn't until they started double & sometimes triple teaming him that he's forced to share. In those games (games 4 & 5) they have lost when that happened. Point is he only started trusting them when he had no choice because that is what the defense gave him.

Does he normally play less selfish during the regular season? Sure, because all the marbles aren't on the table at that point. Do I blame him for being selfish in these Finals? Of course not...I understand he is probably their best shot at competing and possibly winning. But lets not act like they've been competing in these Finals because he's been sharing the ball & trusting his teammates when clearly they've lost the games he's done that.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 40. I know what games looked like back then.

I think the games today have way more flow. Back then because of the zone rules, everything was ISO basketball. It was a lot less exciting basketball.

They would either lob into the post and ISO or throw to a wing and ISO. Today almost everything is a play or a set of some sort.

And now the emphasis is on defending without fouling. And you have all these super-athletic dudes that can actually do it and do it well. Back then you had two athletic guys on the floor and then 3 other guys that were taught to foul if their man made it into the paint because they simply weren't athletic enough to defend well enough without fouling anyway.

Triangle offense was mostly ISO? Celtics/Lakers/Pistons were mostly ISO? Knicks/Rockets/Pacers/Blazers? Man i'm trying to be nice today and not give anyone a Bullshit emoji. The refs let a lot more fouls go then - it was way more physical. It's not even close.

tryin hard

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not strongly inferring anything other than Lebron has a tendency to say and do things that come off as self-serving and/or attention seeking. He had an opportunity to publicly express confidence in his teammates and he chose to express confidence in himself instead.

What did he gain from what he said? How did it help his teammates? His team is in the finals and trying to win a championship against odds that are probably impossible to overcome at this point and Lebron chooses not to publicly express confidence in his teammates. Sorry, but that doesn't come across as him being about the team.

And don't get me wrong. I think he is about his team and I have no doubt that he tries to build his teammates confidence. This, however, was an opportunity to do so publicly and he didn't do it.

Apology accepted.

For someone who thinks this, you are really harping on this one thing he said this one time. The guy isn't perfect, why are you hammering on this one thing he said so much?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, where's all the Cavs fans that said this series was over for GS after game 2??? Haahaahahahahaha one more win gentlemen and you can cancel Xmas!

Oh and did I mention it was another doulbe digit win?? :clap:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs tank is empty. I'd be surprised if they get another W in this series. The Warriors are simply much better, deeper & healthier.

I posted earlier. I think game 6 will look a lot like games 4 and 5. I think the Cavs will start out stronger and keep it close longer because they will feed off of the energy of the home crowd, but in the end, they will run out of steam and the Warriors will pull away.

What is happening with the Cavs reminds me a lot of the '89 finals vs. Detroit when the Lakers lost Magic and Byron. They were able to come out strong, build leads and stay in the game. Eventually though, they would wear down and the Pistons would end up winning the game going away. You could literally see the Lakers start hitting the wall, just like we've seen with the Cavs.

Lebron has been so off the charts, crazy good that I think he'll get some serious consideration for MVP. He likely won't get it and there will be a lot of discussion about whether or not he deserved it. I won't disagree with any talk that he deserved it.

If the Cavs somehow extend this to a game 7 and lose a close one, I would definitely be in favor of Lebron getting the MVP.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For someone who thinks this, you are really harping on this one thing he said this one time. The guy isn't perfect, why are you hammering on this one thing he said so much?

If it were the only time that he did or said something self serving, I'd agree. However, it's not.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted earlier. I think game 6 will look a lot like games 4 and 5. I think the Cavs will start out stronger and keep it close longer because they will feed off of the energy of the home crowd, but in the end, they will run out of steam and the Warriors will pull away.

What is happening with the Cavs reminds me a lot of the '89 finals vs. Detroit when the Lakers lost Magic and Byron. They were able to come out strong, build leads and stay in the game. Eventually though, they would wear down and the Pistons would end up winning the game going away. You could literally see the Lakers start hitting the wall, just like we've seen with the Cavs.

Lebron has been so off the charts, crazy good that I think he'll get some serious consideration for MVP. He likely won't get it and there will be a lot of discussion about whether or not he deserved it. I won't disagree with any talk that he deserved it.

If the Cavs somehow extend this to a game 7 and lose a close one, I would definitely be in favor of Lebron getting the MVP.

One small consolation for Lebron. If he loses this series and doesn't get the MVP, I can't think of a better Finals performance. Not even Wade's.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would imagine he's commenting on this because it is the most recent & is relevent at the moment. Honestly, it sounds like he couldn't care less if they win or lose because regardless he's the best player in the world. He just came off smug. It seems as though maybe he's tired of being worn down to almost nothing by the time the 4th quarter rolls around and his team mates letting him down at that point. But, that's just my opinion. His body language and attitude seems to mirror what it was during the Finals last season right before he left Miami.