• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan "Anyone who doesn't criticize LeBron for something I find worthy of criticism is a blind homer Cavs fans LeBroniac who I find to be comical"

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even dumber post. Your desperation to defend Lebron is comical. Please find the linkm where any of the past greats have felt the need to remind us during a playoff and/or championship series that they were the best in the world.

And Muhammad Ali?!? Really?!? Ali was a boxer. It's an individual sport. He didn't have any teammates to give credit to or try to rally and build there confidence.

The desperation of Cavs fans and Lebroniacs in trying to defend him is even sadder than his need to remind us all how good he is.

So, what you're saying is that it's only egotistical if they say it during the playoffs/championship series?

So you're saying that MJ, Kobe and Ali weren't egotistical?

I don't need to defend Lebron, nor do any other Cavs fans. The guy is going to go down as one of the greatest players of all-time, and that pisses you off to no end. You desperately need people to agree with you that he's such a huge piece of shit, you'd think Lebron ran over your dog or something.

Is Lebron egotistical? Sure he is. Every great leader in the history of sports has been egotistical for the most part. You aren't saying something groundbreaking, you're just bitching about the dude and it makes you look petty and jealous.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has already said those things in other postgames, he always credits his teammates. If Curry would have said it, he would have been praised for the confidence he displayed. It displays confidence, nothing more.

Most great players say things like this, everybody just forgets. Kobe said he was better than MJ and the best 1-on-1 player ever. lol

The fact that you can't tell the difference between a player saying he can beat another player one on one or that he's better than another player and what Lebron said is hilarious.

Also, I seriously doubt Curry would have said it. If he did, I'd say the same thing about him.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's funny about all the Lebron hate is that he is WAY less of dick than most of the other great basketball players.

A guy like Jordan would be universally hated outside of Chicago if he had played during this era of social media because Jordan is legitimately a dick while Lebron just gets painted as one.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron won my respect during that Bulls series. And he's played well in the playoffs - not great in the last 2 games. Stats look good, but I can't understand some of the bad shots/air balls and dribbling off his leg a time or 2.

Thing is... If he starts this acting/flopping shit again, :L - that's why so many people hate the guy. I try not to be a hater, but no one wants to see the flops and acting from the best player in the game.

Be a man and when you foul someone hard, don't act like you didn't do it. The foul he had on Barnes, when Barnes had the put-back dunk was obvious. I saw him yelling at the refs, defending his case... Just raise your hand and play on.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's funny about all the Lebron hate is that he is WAY less of dick than most of the other great basketball players.

Thing is, Lakers fans know Kobe's a dick. Some of them don't like him, but defend his talents on the court (justifiably so), not what he does off the court or how he acts. Same thing with Jordan, he was kind of an ass as well. But we didn't have forums back in his day. If we did, I can only imagine the shit show that would go on.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everytime I try to have any conversation with you it ends up with you basically saying "You don't agree with me? Ok you're a blind homer that would defend LeBron if he drop-kicked a baby"

THAT is bs and it is making getting into any point with you annoying.

I have always promoted athletes speaking their mind and telling the truth in interviews... and have defended many different athletes for doing this. I'd much rather have the controversial, less pc answers, than the bland boring interviews we hear over and over because people like you make such a big deal out of someone speaking their mind.

Horseshit. If you don't like what I have to say about Lebron, don't read it and/or don't respond. It was a stupid, self serving thing to say and was completely unnecessary.

He had a perfect opportunity to express confidence in his teammates and decided to say something self serving instead. I'm sorry you can't see it.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron won my respect during that Bulls series. And he's played well in the playoffs - not great in the last 2 games. Stats look good, but I can't understand some of the bad shots/air balls and dribbling off his leg a time or 2.

Thing is... If he starts this acting/flopping shit again, :L - that's why so many people hate the guy. I try not to be a hater, but no one wants to see the flops and acting from the best player in the game.

Be a man and when you foul someone hard, don't act like you didn't do it. The foul he had on Barnes, when Barnes had the put-back dunk was obvious. I saw him yelling at the refs, defending his case... Just raise your hand and play on.

To be fair, Lebron's not the only one that does it. He flopped a lot in Miami, but shit, he was getting away with it so I didn't have a problem with it. But just about every player, whether they fouled or not, would always try to justify themselves to the refs. You have to gain any competitive edge (within the confines of the rules) that you can get.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, Lakers fans know Kobe's a dick. Some of them don't like him, but defend his talents on the court (justifiably so), not what he does off the court or how he acts. Same thing with Jordan, he was kind of an ass as well. But we didn't have forums back in his day. If we did, I can only imagine the shit show that would go on.

There is no kind of with Jordan. He is one of the biggest asses to ever play the game. The dude was flat out mean to his teammates. Some great stories about what an complete ass Jordan was....just google.

Kerr, the coach of GS, had to get into a fist fight with Jordan before Jordan showed him any respect.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem for you in this conversation is that I said I wanted him to leave before he did.

Now find yourself in the picture.

images

Here's the thing though...while I want the Cavs to win this series they aren't the team I have always rooted for. Just like you became a GS fan when they advanced to the Finals to face LeBron & Company. When I really started following the NBA back in the early 80's my dad & brother, Celtics fans. Because of them & Larry the Legend I have always been a Celtics fan & have never been a Cavs fan. The last NBA game I attended back in Ohio was in 1992, when the Cavs knocked the Celtics outta the playoffs & that was Larry the Legend's final NBA game. Since then I have only been to two other games. The 1996 AS Game in Cleveland when they introduced the 50 greatest players of all time (that was pretty damn cool) & I finally made it to a Nuggets this year. Guess which game I saw. The Celtic's only trip to Denver this season.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A guy like Jordan would be universally hated outside of Chicago if he had played during this era of social media because Jordan is legitimately a dick while Lebron just gets painted as one.

Nailed it on the head. Off the court, Lebron is genuinely a very good person. He's a great ambassador for the game, he doesn't do stupid shit to get in trouble with the law, he's not going around with guns or drugs, he's a great family man and he genuinely cares about his community.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what you're saying is that it's only egotistical if they say it during the playoffs/championship series?

So you're saying that MJ, Kobe and Ali weren't egotistical?

I don't need to defend Lebron, nor do any other Cavs fans. The guy is going to go down as one of the greatest players of all-time, and that pisses you off to no end. You desperately need people to agree with you that he's such a huge piece of shit, you'd think Lebron ran over your dog or something.

Is Lebron egotistical? Sure he is. Every great leader in the history of sports has been egotistical for the most part. You aren't saying something groundbreaking, you're just bitching about the dude and it makes you look petty and jealous.

Wow, talk about grasping at straws and completely missing a point. Please find the post where I have ever said any of those guys weren't egotistical.

Also, find the post where I ever said Lebron was a huge piece of shit.

In fact, how about we make a game of it? I'll give you one hour to find those posts. If you can't you wear whatever avi I choose for 30 days. If you can. I wear the avi of your choice. You game?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Lebron's not the only one that does it. He flopped a lot in Miami, but shit, he was getting away with it so I didn't have a problem with it. But just about every player, whether they fouled or not, would always try to justify themselves to the refs. You have to gain any competitive edge (within the confines of the rules) that you can get.

It's a league thing now and the NBA needs to address it. But the best player in the game should be leading the way.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, I hate that he jaws with the refs as much as he does, but damn, that is pretty common these days.

I was listening to CBS the other morning and they had on Vinny Del *****. He pointed out that there are two types of refs these days - the ones that let the game dictate what needs to get called, and the ones that think the game is their's and the players need to play within the confines. I'm not saying that means everyone should be jawing with the refs all the time, but it doesn't make it easier.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, talk about grasping at straws and completely missing a point. Please find the post where I have ever said any of those guys weren't egotistical.

Also, find the post where I ever said Lebron was a huge piece of shit.

In fact, how about we make a game of it? I'll give you one hour to find those posts. If you can't you wear whatever avi I choose for 30 days. If you can. I wear the avi of your choice. You game?
Haha, buddy, I'm not the only person on here pointing you out for it. I'll pass on your game. It's easy to use context clues to figure out what you're getting at. As I said, I'm not the only one pointing it out.

If any Cavs fan tries to dare refute any criticism you have against Lebron, we're wrong and being homers and you continue to then criticize us for it. That's what you are all about.

We get it, you hate Lebron. Get in line, there are a lot of you. Nobody can change how you feel, and you're entitled to feel that way. That said, you look like a whiny brat. Sorry, it just is what it is.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^^^THIS EXACTLY^^^

I have said many, many times that from what I can see, Kobe is an egotistical, arrogant prick. If I knew him in real life, I probably wouldn't like him and would want to punch him in the face. I appreciate his talent and the 5 titles he had a big hand in the Lakers winning. However, he isn't even my favorite current Laker, let alone my all time favorite. Had he ever gone to another team, I'd have been rooting against him, unlike past Lakers like Pau, Rambis, A.C. Green, etc. that have left to play for other teams.