• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad Curry had a good game finally and showed his incredible shot making ability. Dude is sick. Best shooter in the history of the sport. And in truth no one else is even close. His ability to create a window to get his shot off from distance is unprecedented. That decisive step back 3 was the perfect example.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I'm thinking you get the over-exaggeration of the day. Well done.

Magic, Kareem, Kobe, MJ, etc. have never had the burden of being basically their entire team. Each of them played with at least one HOFer helping them along. Lebron is doing this with a cast of role players. As such, he has to maintain supreme confidence to make sure they also remain confident. When you have the burden he does, it's what you have to do.

Lighten up man, it's not like he called out your mom to the media or something.

Once again, he left Miami because Wade always had some type of nagging injuries. Just to go team up with a player who's just 23 years old, and already has a laundry list of injuries that makes Wade's look ridiculous. Love's injury was a freak occurrence, but once again, sports are sports. Players get hurt all the time. Time to deal with it.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night I was watching ESPN with my fiance as we saw Lebron's post conference. As soon as he said "Because I'm the best player in the world", she was like "did I just hear that right, why would he even say that?". Mind you, she doesn't watch sports at all. So people who are on the fence about him, think that that comment came off as egotistical.

I don't see it as being that egotistical when it is an undeniable fact.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, LBJ shooting woes is to hard to give him the MVP in a Finals Loss. Easy to score that much when u have shot the most in NBA finals History. He is shooting like 39% from the Field, 34% from 3 pt line, and 70 % from the Line. Not great numbers.

First off, you are wrong there lol. Second of, so it is EASY what he is doing basically playing full games with bench players around him, who havent been hitting shots on a consistent basis. You are becoming a troll. Dirk got a Finals MVP and won a ship shooting 40% and 35% from 3 and he shot less than Lebron by far. If you are going to say something, at least back it up. :L

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. Lebron's not the brightest crayon in the box.

2x NBA champ
2X Finals MVP
4x league MVP
11x All-Star
9x All-NBA First Team
5X All-NBA Defensive Team
2004 ROY
Estimated Net Worth ~$425 mil

Man, I wish I was as stupid as Lebron

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He guaranteed a win. Must of missed that lol.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, he left Miami because Wade always had some type of nagging injuries. Just to go team up with a player who's just 23 years old, and already has a laundry list of injuries that makes Wade's look ridiculous. Love's injury was a freak occurrence, but once again, sports are sports. Players get hurt all the time. Time to deal with it.

First off, that's not why he left Miami. He's Lebron in South Beach, if he wanted to attract younger talent there he could've done it easily.

Secondly, nobody is trying to say Kyrie isn't extremely injury prone.

Thirdly, nobody is trying to say Lebron shouldn't have to deal with it. He's dealing with it as well as any player ever possibly could deal with it.

What was your point?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2x NBA champ
2X Finals MVP
4x league MVP
11x All-Star
9x All-NBA First Team
5X All-NBA Defensive Team
2004 ROY
Estimated Net Worth ~$425 mil

Man, I wish I was as stupid as Lebron

Athleticism has nothing to do with intelligence, logic, and decision making. But hey, continue to throw his resume out there. He's about to possibly go 2-4 in the NBA finals, and those two titles are from "that team" in Miami.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I'm thinking you get the over-exaggeration of the day. Well done.

Magic, Kareem, Kobe, MJ, etc. have never had the burden of being basically their entire team. Each of them played with at least one HOFer helping them along. Lebron is doing this with a cast of role players. As such, he has to maintain supreme confidence to make sure they also remain confident. When you have the burden he does, it's what you have to do.

Lighten up man, it's not like he called out your mom to the media or something.

Biggest load of crap ever. Great players don't need to tell anyone they're great. Nothing wrong with saying he's confident. However, he doesn't need to say it's because he's the best player in the world. How about throwing a little of that confidence his teammates way? Why not say he's confident that he and his team can step up at home? Why not say he's confident he can rally them and get them ready to go?

Imagine what it might do for his teammates if he said that he still had confidence in them.

You Cavs fans and Lebroniacs can white knight for him all you want. It doesn't change the fact that it was a self serving answer.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why say it?

It's natural to talk that way. All of the champs of their sport do.

The heavyweight champ of the world isn't going to be shy. And Lebron is the undisputed heavyweight champ of basketball right now.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thought I'd provide a little context since its being completely disregarded.

Reporter: "Do you feel confident in this series because there is less pressure?"

LeBron: "No, I feel confident because I'm the best player in the world"

Butthurt fans like to twist everything up. He was saying why he feels confident lol.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying that @ all. Since nobody has figured this out yet I just messing w/ Turnup because he never shuts up about his hatred of LeBron. We all get, no reason for him to continue his season long (and daily) rants about the player that left Miami.

And other than you don't like reading them, how do Turnup's "season long (and daily) rants" differ from Cavs fans and Lebroniacs season long (and daily) rants defending him and telling us all how great he is?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, that's not why he left Miami. He's Lebron in South Beach, if he wanted to attract younger talent there he could've done it easily.

Secondly, nobody is trying to say Kyrie isn't extremely injury prone.

Thirdly, nobody is trying to say Lebron shouldn't have to deal with it. He's dealing with it as well as any player ever possibly could deal with it.

What was your point?

You're making excuses for Lebron because he has to play with a cast of role players. He chose the team he played with. Btw, how do you know why he really left Miami? Lebron left because the Cavs had a younger roster at the time of his decision. It wasn't because he wanted to fulfill his promise to Cleveland and he wanted to go back home. He saw an opportunity. Reason why I know that, is because he point blank stated that if the Heat won the title last season, he'd be in Miami this season. But I won't go any further than that to not derail the current topic.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one concern I'd have right now if I'm the Warriors is if the Cavs employ the "hack-a-iggy" approach early in the game. Iguadola was brutal from the line last night.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron has stuck his foot in his mouth many times during his career. And that odd comment last night is just another example. Sometimes he doesn't know when to shut the fuck up.

I've been saying this for years. He needs to have someone follow him around with one of those great big hooks to pull him away from the cameras.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is no need to say it, then don't. It's really that simple.

There is literally nothing that needs to be said in the post game interviews.

Sounds like you want a bunch of marshawn lynch interviews.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest load of crap ever. Great players don't need to tell anyone they're great. Nothing wrong with saying he's confident. However, he doesn't need to say it's because he's the best player in the world. How about throwing a little of that confidence his teammates way? Why not say he's confident that he and his team can step up at home? Why not say he's confident he can rally them and get them ready to go?

Imagine what it might do for his teammates if he said that he still had confidence in them.

You Cavs fans and Lebroniacs can white knight for him all you want. It doesn't change the fact that it was a self serving answer.

Jesus, if you honestly don't think the overwhelming majority of elite athletes are insanely egotistical then I have no idea how you can even tie your shoes in the morning.

Listen to Michael Jordan's HOF acceptance speech if you want supreme egotism.

"I almost won an MVP with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown on my team...I was shooting 45 times a game. What was I supposed to do? Pass it to ChrisMihm or Kwame Brown." - Kobe Bryant, Oct 11, 2012

"Anything I've ever said" - Muhammed Ali, his whole life

You seriously take everything Lebron says and does and just pick it apart to a ridiculous degree, and if any Cavs fan disagrees with you we're jut "white knighting", whatever that is.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has already said those things in other postgames, he always credits his teammates. If Curry would have said it, he would have been praised for the confidence he displayed. It displays confidence, nothing more.

Most great players say things like this, everybody just forgets. Kobe said he was better than MJ and the best 1-on-1 player ever. lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's natural to talk that way. All of the champs of their sport do.

The heavyweight champ of the world isn't going to be shy. And Lebron is the undisputed heavyweight champ of basketball right now.

^^^^This.