• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thought I'd provide a little context since its being completely disregarded.

Reporter: "Do you feel confident in this series because there is less pressure?"

LeBron: "No, I feel confident because I'm the best player in the world"
This comments actually hurts him. he is the best he should win then. Those comments puts more pressure on him for game 6

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know where this goes from here. Golden St has found a recipe for success. Cleveland back is officially against the wall, much like GS was in game 4. It wouldn't surprise me to see this go 7 games. But my Bulls went up 2-1 on the Cavs and lost 3 straight. Sometimes when a team finds their mojo, they don't let go.

GS has been playing really good. Cleveland not so much. Lebron stats looks good on paper, but the dribbling off his leg and air balls on big possessions are not going to get it done.

I want to say the Cavs wake up and come out possessed again in game 6, but I just don't know.. :scratch:
If they had more rest then maybe but Della and LBJ look shot at end of games. Della actually looked dead after the 1st half.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you "fans" crack me up. Delly is looking like he could be a solid bench player. Tristan Thompson is very promising. Mozgov looks like another guy who could be solid at 15-20 per game. But now they all suck! Do you honestly think that the plan going into the season was for these guys to book the minutes they are in the finals when they put the team together? Why not give the guys who are being asked to do way more than they were supposed to and obviously capable of for hustling their asses off when they're obviously over-matched. And I don't want to hear the whole "James carried them here" crap. Love and Irving were there the entire season as well. They got injured. Shit happens and it sucks for Cavs fans. But that's no excuse for throwing the rest of the team under the bus because you don't like the way the finals are going.

They are solid, but they arent guys that can produce for you every night in a series vs the best team in the NBA, especially playing 35-40 minutes. They dont suck, they are good players off the bench, I actually think TT is a starter, but other than him most or all of these guys are solid off the bench playing 20-25 minutes. The Warriors have dictated the pace of the game the last couple and guys have stepped up.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know where this goes from here. Golden St has found a recipe for success. Cleveland back is officially against the wall, much like GS was in game 4. It wouldn't surprise me to see this go 7 games. But my Bulls went up 2-1 on the Cavs and lost 3 straight. Sometimes when a team finds their mojo, they don't let go.

GS has been playing really good. Cleveland not so much. Lebron stats looks good on paper, but the dribbling off his leg and air balls on big possessions are not going to get it done.

I want to say the Cavs wake up and come out possessed again in game 6, but I just don't know.. :scratch:

I expect that Game 6 will play out very much like Games 4 and 5. Lebron will play great. He'll get a little help early and the Cavs will keep the game close for awhile. Maybe even deep into the 4th quarter since the game will be at home and they will feed off of the crowd.

But, in the end, I think the Cavs run out of gas and the Warriors pull away and win by 10-12 points.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the context doesn't help. There was no need to say it.
Of course there wasn't a need to say it. There are a million different ways to answer that question. I doubt there is a more effective way to make the point hit home that he is confident regardless of the pressure, though.

He said what he was thinking, and what we all think about him.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to say it again, I have no sympathy for Lebron. He knew Love and Irving were injury prone and that's the guys he wanted to play with, so he has to accept it.
If not for a complete freak injury brought about by a dirty non-basketball play, Kevin Love is out there playing right now. While I definitely agree that Kyrie has proven to be largely made of glass, Love isn't injury prone.

He played in more games this season than Blake Griffin, Lamarcus Aldridge, Dwight Howard, DeMarcus Cousins, Chris Bosh, Anthony Davis, Zach Randolph, Joakim Noah, Greg Monroe, Al Jefferson, Paul Millsap, Brook Lopez, Kawhi Leonard...get it?

He also played in 77/82 games in his final season in Minnesota. The only time he's ever missed significant games was the one season in Minnesota when he broke his hand and tried coming back way too soon. Since that season his hand hasn't been a problem.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they had more rest then maybe but Della and LBJ look shot at end of games. Della actually looked dead after the 1st half.

It's demoralizing when the opposing team throws 10-11 guys at you and you look at your bench and NO ONE is coming off to help for the most part. It makes you that much more tired.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This comments actually hurts him. he is the best he should win then. Those comments puts more pressure on him for game 6

There has been pressure on him the whole series regardless. That is what he is supposed to say, I dont know if they have the legs to win, but you have to confident going into Game 6 and him being the leader he needs to rally his teammates bc Blatt sure doesnt motivate lol

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, Game 5 was lost on the glass. Too many offensive boards - especially down the stretch - for the warriors.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah-blah-blah. Pretty sure since the start of the season not a single day has gone by w/o you saying something about him. You are still (and will always be) heartbroken that he left the Heat.
If he doesn't like Lebron, why do you care? Is everyone supposed to like Lebron?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been pressure on him the whole series regardless. That is what he is supposed to say, I dont know if they have the legs to win, but you have to confident going into Game 6 and him being the leader he needs to rally his teammates bc Blatt sure doesnt motivate lol[/QUOTE

He guaranteed a win in game 5, correct?

Like I've said about him 1000x, just shut up and play.
We all have eyes and ears.
We know how good you are.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that. But in this series, he's (Delly) has done a fairly decent job on Curry games 2-5 on the defensive end. But like BK said, when's Kyrie Irving ever been healthy. If we're going to throw out hypotheticals, if the Heat had 2006 Dwayne Wade last season, we probably win the title and Lebron's in Miami this season. See how that works.

You cant expect one guy to stay with Curry for 35-40 minutes, Delly has done a great job. But he had another guy to help him run around and cover Curry, it would be immense help. Especially since he isnt used to doing this on a daily basis before this series.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thing is, the Bulls have defense, but no offense. Golden St. has more depth than the Cavs and can play well on both ends.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course there wasn't a need to say it. There are a million different ways to answer that question. I doubt there is a more effective way to make the point hit home that he is confident regardless of the pressure, though.

He said what he was thinking, and what we all think about him.

:L There are a million different ways to answer it and, as usual, Lebron picks pretty much the most self-serving answer he can give.

If there is no need to say it, then don't. It's really that simple. These kinds of things are why so many don't like him.

Magic, Kareem, MJ, Kobe, etc. have all been the best player in the game at some point in their careers and they've all been down in series before and were asked some variation of the same question. None of them have felt the need to remind us they were the best in the game.

Is Lebron afraid he won't get enough credit? That no one see's what kind of series he's having?

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are solid, but they arent guys that can produce for you every night in a series vs the best team in the NBA, especially playing 35-40 minutes. They dont suck, they are good players off the bench, I actually think TT is a starter, but other than him most or all of these guys are solid off the bench playing 20-25 minutes. The Warriors have dictated the pace of the game the last couple and guys have stepped up.

As I've said before. You can depend on role/bench players like Delly, JR, Shump, etc. for a couple of games here and there when starters are out. However, you can't depend on them for much more than that. They eventually begin to show why they are role/bench players rather than starters.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how I would expect a player from a losing team to answer that question. Giving any more than minimal credit to Curry makes it sound like the Cavs don't have a shot and the fate of the series is in their hands. I'd rather a losing player cite ways to improve then make excuses like Curry was too good. He will probable give credit to Curry and the Warriors after the series.

Or he'll storm off the court ( prob not).
In a week or so opt out ( prob day of Warriors parade).
Then the silence.
So he can see his name scroll on ESPN for 2-3 straight weeks, while making Gilbert his bitch round 2.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L There are a million different ways to answer it and, as usual, Lebron picks pretty much the most self-serving answer he can give.

If there is no need to say it, then don't. It's really that simple. These kinds of things are why so many don't like him.

Magic, Kareem, MJ, Kobe, etc. have all been the best player in the game at some point in their careers and they've all be down in series before and were asked some variation of the same question. None of them have felt the need to remind us they were the best in the game.

Is Lebron afraid he won't get enough credit? That no one see's what kind of series he's having?

Wow, I'm thinking you get the over-exaggeration of the day. Well done.

Magic, Kareem, Kobe, MJ, etc. have never had the burden of being basically their entire team. Each of them played with at least one HOFer helping them along. Lebron is doing this with a cast of role players. As such, he has to maintain supreme confidence to make sure they also remain confident. When you have the burden he does, it's what you have to do.

Lighten up man, it's not like he called out your mom to the media or something.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesn't like Lebron, why do you care? Is everyone supposed to like Lebron?

I'm not saying that @ all. Since nobody has figured this out yet I just messing w/ Turnup because he never shuts up about his hatred of LeBron. We all get, no reason for him to continue his season long (and daily) rants about the player that left Miami.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Magic, Kareem, MJ, Kobe, etc. have all been the best player in the game at some point in their careers and they've all be down in series before and were asked some variation of the same question. None of them have felt the need to remind us they were the best in the game.

Last night I was watching ESPN with my fiance as we saw Lebron's post conference. As soon as he said "Because I'm the best player in the world", she was like "did I just hear that right, why would he even say that?". Mind you, she doesn't watch sports at all. So people who are on the fence about him, think that that comment came off as egotistical.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night I was watching ESPN with my fiance as we saw Lebron's post conference. As soon as he said "Because I'm the best player in the world", she was like "did I just hear that right, why would he even say that?". Mind you, she doesn't watch sports at all. So people who are on the fence about him, think that that comment came off as egotistical.

LeBron has stuck his foot in his mouth many times during his career. And that odd comment last night is just another example. Sometimes he doesn't know when to shut the fuck up.