• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Credit to Kerr for making changes and now he has his team 1 win away from winning it all. Kerr showing why he is one of the best.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.
LeBron can have his 40 pt triple doubles in losses.

Curry will have both MVP trophys at seasons end.
I agree, LBJ shooting woes is to hard to give him the MVP in a Finals Loss. Easy to score that much when u have shot the most in NBA finals History. He is shooting like 39% from the Field, 34% from 3 pt line, and 70 % from the Line. Not great numbers.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
''I feel confident because I'm the best player in the world,'' said James, who has carried Cleveland as much as he could.

Ummm.
Not sure how much more he thinks he can do?

Is he really confident or did he just feel the need to tell us that he's the best player?

Anything LeBron says or does pisses you off.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know what I want to see more. GS to win it in Cleveland so Lebron has to watch someother team celebrating in his court, or to have GS win it back home so they can celebrate with their fans. Plus, Lebron will feel just broken letting a game 7 slip away.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that. But in this series, he's (Delly) has done a fairly decent job on Curry games 2-5 on the defensive end. But like BK said, when's Kyrie Irving ever been healthy. If we're going to throw out hypotheticals, if the Heat had 2006 Dwayne Wade last season, we probably win the title and Lebron's in Miami this season. See how that works.
All I am saying is the Cavs need Kyrie to win this series. It doesn't matter how injury prone he is, it doesn't matter how well Delly is defending, they NEED what Kyrie brings in this series. Without him, they have very little chance. I honestly don't know why people brought up the obvious (that Kyrie is injury prone). So was Dwayne Wade.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know what I want to see more. GS to win it in Cleveland so Lebron has to watch someother team celebrating in his court, or to have GS win it back home so they can celebrate with their fans. Plus, Lebron will feel just broken letting a game 7 slip away.
End it in game 6. Especially after the "I am the best player in the world comments."

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the last 4 years, I didn't care how the Heat won; so long as they won it. I didn't care if it was a 4-game sweep celebrating on the road, or in game 7 finishing it at home. I really hope the Warriors don't play with the mentality that they can win this on their home court. If you have a chance to win the title in 6, win it in 6. Want to celebrate with your fans? That's what parades are for.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree. He definitely takes care of his body, and it's showing in this series. Most players trying to do what he does would tire out completely after game 2. The thing is, everyone has a breaking point and Lebron's may come in the next year or two.

As we've seen, it tends to happen quickly. 5 years ago (when he was 31 like Lebron will soon be), Kobe was coming off of back to back titles and was still arguably the best in the game. Then, the very next season, he wasn't anymore. He was still pretty damn good, just like Lebron will be, but that was when you could see the decline had started.

When a player puts in the kind of minutes Kobe did and Lebron has, it catches up.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good players tell you they're good. Great players get told they're great.
So Lebron isn't great?

I just hated the comment because it had nothing to do with the question. You aren't worried because you're the best player in the world? Well that hasn't quite helped in the last few games that ended in 10+ point defeats...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. Lebron's not the brightest crayon in the box.
Anything LeBron says or does pisses you off.

1. Get off his balls. He needed to say that because?
Then he discredits Curry by saying Cavs lost because of 2nd chance and fast break points, not Curry scoring.

Maybe he didn't notice that Curry out scored the entire Cavs TEAM for the last 7:30 of the game?

And, the thing he does best certainly
does not piss me off.

Isn't he about to lose in the Finals again?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thought I'd provide a little context since its being completely disregarded.

Reporter: "Do you feel confident in this series because there is less pressure?"

LeBron: "No, I feel confident because I'm the best player in the world"

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then he discredits Curry by saying Cavs lost because of 2nd chance and fast break points, not Curry scoring.

Maybe he didn't notice that Curry out scored the entire Cavs TEAM for the last 7:30 of the game?

does not piss me off.

Blah-blah-blah. Pretty sure since the start of the season not a single day has gone by w/o you saying something about him. You are still (and will always be) heartbroken that he left the Heat.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

does not piss me off.

That's how I would expect a player from a losing team to answer that question. Giving any more than minimal credit to Curry makes it sound like the Cavs don't have a shot and the fate of the series is in their hands. I'd rather a losing player cite ways to improve then make excuses like Curry was too good. He will probable give credit to Curry and the Warriors after the series.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Lebron isn't great?

I just hated the comment because it had nothing to do with the question. You aren't worried because you're the best player in the world? Well that hasn't quite helped in the last few games that ended in 10+ point defeats...

No. Lebron is definitely great. That's why there's no need for him to tell us. We already know and we tell him. Heck, even the biggest Lebron haters out there say he's a great player.

I don't remember any other "best player in the world" ever actually saying they're the best player in the world.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thought I'd provide a little context since its being completely disregarded.

Reporter: "Do you feel confident in this series because there is less pressure?"

LeBron: "No, I feel confident because I'm the best player in the world"

Yeah, the context doesn't help. There was no need to say it.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know where this goes from here. Golden St has found a recipe for success. Cleveland back is officially against the wall, much like GS was in game 4. It wouldn't surprise me to see this go 7 games. But my Bulls went up 2-1 on the Cavs and lost 3 straight. Sometimes when a team finds their mojo, they don't let go.

GS has been playing really good. Cleveland not so much. Lebron stats looks good on paper, but the dribbling off his leg and air balls on big possessions are not going to get it done.

I want to say the Cavs wake up and come out possessed again in game 6, but I just don't know.. :scratch:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah-blah-blah. Pretty sure since the start of the season not a single day has gone by w/o you saying something about him. You are still (and will always be) heartbroken that he left the Heat.

th