• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LeBron is going to rely on JR Smith to get them points it's going to be a frustrating series. LeBron needs to take over those last few minutes of the game, seems like he relied on his teammates way too much, imo.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm leaning towards yes...

it'll be a consolation prize, though...

You think he could win the MVP if he looses the Finals against the reigning NBA MVP and his teams best record in the NBA. I don't know about that

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't going to give the MVP to the losing side

1. The guy's going to be mic'd up and who knows what the hell he'd say after losing the series (like "throw the thing in the garbage because I wanted to win")
2. The winners that they're interviewing would probably be pretty salty about it and have some choice words during the celebration.

Only way James gets MVP is if the Cavs win the series.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think he could win the MVP if he looses the Finals against the reigning NBA MVP and his teams best record in the NBA. I don't know about that

yeah, that's why I said "leaning". the numbers he's put up[ are real hard to argue with...

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
48 hrs, but with a travel day until Game 6....GS is gonna get it done. I said when it was 2-1, that the CAVS were in a must win because the Warriors would win game 5

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Curry has another game like he did tonight, they'll probably give it to him just to not ruffle feathers. Iggy may deserve it over Curry though.

It should go to Lebron, regardless.

Currry's played well enough in the last two games and the second half of Game 3 that I feel that he has overtaken Iggy at this point.

LeBron would be a deserving winner whether or not the Cavs win the series.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
48 hrs, but with a travel day until Game 6....GS is gonna get it done. I said when it was 2-1, that the CAVS were in a must win because the Warriors would win game 5

the speed and the depth of the Warriors pretty much dictated the series. the Cavs best chance would've been to close the Warriors out quickly...

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win or lose LeBron is the Finals MVP. Yes or no?
No, because in this day and age, I can't give the mvp to a losing team, especially IF the winning team has a good enough candidate. Like, if the warriors had scrubs, then sure, but I can make a solid case for Igoudala on offense, and moreso on defense, being out on a island guarding Lebron. Also, Steph is coming on pretty strong in these last couple of games, as well as a decent game 1. As for Lebron, he's been downright impressive, but we also have to figure in that he has the ball so much. I'd like to see his usage rate for these Finals

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a person inside of Blatt or is he just an Android that LeBron and Dan Gilbert bought at Radio Shack? The man has no personality and he gives the worst interviews and post game pressers.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, that's why I said "leaning". the numbers he's put up[ are real hard to argue with...

You're right, Lebum just might deserve the MVP for having to carry his team through the finals. I still think it's funny as hell that he has to do it this way..

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the speed and the depth of the Warriors pretty much dictated the series. the Cavs best chance would've been to close the Warriors out quickly...
Agreed, the best chance was game 4. The Cavs have had a time period in which they've worn down in each 4th quarter so far

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you "fans" crack me up. Delly is looking like he could be a solid bench player. Tristan Thompson is very promising. Mozgov looks like another guy who could be solid at 15-20 per game. But now they all suck! Do you honestly think that the plan going into the season was for these guys to book the minutes they are in the finals when they put the team together? Why not give the guys who are being asked to do way more than they were supposed to and obviously capable of for hustling their asses off when they're obviously over-matched. And I don't want to hear the whole "James carried them here" crap. Love and Irving were there the entire season as well. They got injured. Shit happens and it sucks for Cavs fans. But that's no excuse for throwing the rest of the team under the bus because you don't like the way the finals are going.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Agree with you!! That is what Cavs fans do though.....

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron would be the unanimous MVP if the Cavs win. However, Lebron had the best stats in the Finals last season and Leonard won the Finals MVP. Curry's been putting up good enough stats to justify giving him the Finals MVP, or Iggy for that matter.

I'm still nervous about game 6. I've seen what Lebron can do when his back is up against the wall. Thing is, he's been ran to the ground given that Blatt can't even take him out for a minute without the Warriors going on some kind of run. Game 6 will be interesting, just like every other game this series.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not...ESPECIALLY on 2 days rest...

the pace of this series does NOT favor the Cavs...as these last 2 blowouts have shown...

Series ends on Cavs home court, as it should.
I remember the nervousness in season 1 Heat vs the Mavs in game 6.
Cavs players and their fans will be feeling it.

Cavs will come out all fired up.
Warriors will battle through it.
By the last few minutes of the game, the fans will be pouring out of the building.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as much as I dislike LeClown I can't say the guy played a poor game. though he DID run outta gas...

Jalen said the same thing. the guy has to do WAY too much...

Agree, but I have no sympathy for him at all. He knew Love and Irving were injury prone before he played with them.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, but I have no sympathy for him at all. He knew Love and Irving were injury prone before he played with them.

This was the argument that many made to Cavs fans. As much as it seems like the Cavs have a "bright" future; you can't ignore Kyrie Irving's injury history as well as Lebron hitting 31 later this year while playing the minutes he's already have. On top of that, Cleveland may feel like signing Thompson over Love for a cheaper price, as Thompson will command around $15 mil per, while Love will likely ask for the max.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the argument that many made to Cavs fans. As much as it seems like the Cavs have a "bright" future; you can't ignore Kyrie Irving's injury history as well as Lebron hitting 31 later this year while playing the minutes he's already have. On top of that, Cleveland may feel like signing Thompson over Love for a cheaper price, as Thompson will command around $15 mil per, while Love will likely ask for the max.

It's incredible that while bodies are breaking down left and right throughout the league, James just keeps on ticking.