• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's incredible that while bodies are breaking down left and right throughout the league, James just keeps on ticking.

Oh, I agree. He definitely takes care of his body, and it's showing in this series. Most players trying to do what he does would tire out completely after game 2. The thing is, everyone has a breaking point and Lebron's may come in the next year or two.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you "fans" crack me up. Delly is looking like he could be a solid bench player. Tristan Thompson is very promising. Mozgov looks like another guy who could be solid at 15-20 per game. But now they all suck! Do you honestly think that the plan going into the season was for these guys to book the minutes they are in the finals when they put the team together? Why not give the guys who are being asked to do way more than they were supposed to and obviously capable of for hustling their asses off when they're obviously over-matched. And I don't want to hear the whole "James carried them here" crap. Love and Irving were there the entire season as well. They got injured. Shit happens and it sucks for Cavs fans. But that's no excuse for throwing the rest of the team under the bus because you don't like the way the finals are going.
Lebron needs Kyrie so badly. No one else can create on that team and Lebron really needs someone else that can take the pressure off of him. If the Cavs had a healthy Kyrie, I think they would be on their way to a championship.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron needs Kyrie so badly. No one else can create on that team and Lebron really needs someone else that can take the pressure off of him. If the Cavs had a healthy Kyrie, I think they would be on their way to a championship.

Hard to say really, Irving doesn't play the defense that Delly does, but he does have the offensive skillset on his end though. Thing is, that's more shots and possessions out of Lebron's hands. Besides, Warriors took the one game that Kyrie was playing.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree. He definitely takes care of his body, and it's showing in this series. Most players trying to do what he does would tire out completely after game 2. The thing is, everyone has a breaking point and Lebron's may come in the next year or two.

I agree.
That's why I felt all along that the Cavs best chance for a championship is/was this year or next.

Add 2 more years of wear and tear, plus the uncertainty of what the league will look like after the next CBA, means his chances can only decrease IMO.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kyrie has shown no ability to stay healthy.
Now knee problems?
With his style of game I see it as a major problem moving forward.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Problem is Kyrie had never ever been healthy for a full season

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
''I feel confident because I'm the best player in the world,'' said James, who has carried Cleveland as much as he could.

Ummm.
Not sure how much more he thinks he can do?

Is he really confident or did he just feel the need to tell us that he's the best player?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a person inside of Blatt or is he just an Android that LeBron and Dan Gilbert bought at Radio Shack? The man has no personality and he gives the worst interviews and post game pressers.

What? I thought he showed the most personality to date. He bit back at reporters post game quite a lot. Can't say I don't blame him. Some of those guys ask some really stupid and/or insulting questions.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say really, Irving doesn't play the defense that Delly does, but he does have the offensive skillset on his end though. Thing is, that's more shots and possessions out of Lebron's hands. Besides, Warriors took the one game that Kyrie was playing.
He was hurt already though. A healthy Kyrie becomes Lebrons Dwayne Wade when he was with the heat. He needs someone that can create for himself and others to give Lebron a break. And I know he can't stay healthy for a whole year. That doesn't change the fact that he is a huge part of that team.

And really!? You would rather have a poor man's Kirk hinrich (younger version) than a superstar player that can score almost at will? Delly is a good piece, and he would still get minutes, but in this series every NBA head coach would rather have a healthy Kyrie over a healthy Delly. Every GM would as well. If any don't, then they seriously suck at their job.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Curry has another game like he did tonight, they'll probably give it to him just to not ruffle feathers. Iggy may deserve it over Curry though.

It should go to Lebron, regardless.

Iggy does not deserve it over curry IMO

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron should become the first Finals MVP to lose the Finals since Jerry West did it in 1969.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron should become the first Finals MVP to lose the Finals since Jerry West did it in 1969.
At the same time, IDK if the NBA wants to give the MVP to someone who shows their junk on national tv.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
''I feel confident because I'm the best player in the world,'' said James, who has carried Cleveland as much as he could.

Ummm.
Not sure how much more he thinks he can do?

Is he really confident or did he just feel the need to tell us that he's the best player?
Whatever helps him sleep at night.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to say it again, I have no sympathy for Lebron. He knew Love and Irving were injury prone and that's the guys he wanted to play with, so he has to accept it.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was hurt already though. A healthy Kyrie becomes Lebrons Dwayne Wade when he was with the heat. He needs someone that can create for himself and others to give Lebron a break. And I know he can't stay healthy for a whole year. That doesn't change the fact that he is a huge part of that team.

And really!? You would rather have a poor man's Kirk hinrich (younger version) than a superstar player that can score almost at will? Delly is a good piece, and he would still get minutes, but in this series every NBA head coach would rather have a healthy Kyrie over a healthy Delly. Every GM would as well. If any don't, then they seriously suck at their job.

I never said that. But in this series, he's (Delly) has done a fairly decent job on Curry games 2-5 on the defensive end. But like BK said, when's Kyrie Irving ever been healthy. If we're going to throw out hypotheticals, if the Heat had 2006 Dwayne Wade last season, we probably win the title and Lebron's in Miami this season. See how that works.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope.
LeBron can have his 40 pt triple doubles in losses.

Curry will have both MVP trophys at seasons end.