• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Going forward into next season

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
http://blogs.roanoke.com/andybitter...will-the-hokies-revamped-offensive-line-look/

^ a look at our OL candidates for next season... As well as the links to some other stuff for next season

I did a little research on Painter. He chose to play DT when he first arrived at Tech in 2008, and that ate up his redshirt year. Every year since then, he's had some kind of injury. He was injured in 2009, dislocated a knee cap during 2010 Spring ball, and injured a hand in 2011. Maybe this will be the year he escapes injury.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
was reading a thread on TKP today and we're discussing possibilities of getting to the natty in future years (we hokies never learn do we) .. anyhow, this was my take on next season .. you guys here are more fun to bullshit with ...

---my take on 2012/2013---
i won't jinx next season by making some ridiculous fucking statement about us going to the natty next season ... but shit does happen

Things in our favor:
- sick-ass defense
- a great qb (and i'm not being a silly homer->when the whole country is wow'ed by LT, you know he's the real deal)
- a good enough SOS, but not overbearing
- experience at wr
- sick-ass defense

Things working against us:
- running back
- OL

I think that RB could be a push. Losing DW is hard, but we have stallions in the stable and RB is one of the easiest positions on the field to learn. It's a natural position. Let's not forget what RW did when he stepped in for DE after he blew his knee out. If the OL can grant a miracle and work together, it can be good enough.

Most national championship teams usually have those special "things" about them. It's rarely just a black-and-white -- this team was that much better than that team. With Bama this season, it was their D. With Auburn, it was Cam Newton. With LSU, it was their D. With TX, it was Vince Young

We'll have a great defense and a great QB -- the two things that CAN make the rest of a team's weaknesses disappear

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
---my take on the 2013/2014 season---

some analysts are already expecting big things from VT two seasons from now .. if LT stays .. This next season is only his 3rd year of eligibility used, so he'll have one more season after that if he decides to stay. It probably depends a lot of his development this next season and other QBs coming out too. We'll be stacked again on D in '13-'14. We'll have some consistency/experience at RB and lose very little on the lines. The big question marks for that season:

Will Logan Thomas stay?
Wide Receiver depth/experience

Some of these young guys need some playing time next season. Asante, Corey Fuller ... Looking at the WR depth chart, I barely know anything about any of 'em past Coles/Roberts/Davis and they're all gone after next season.

If they land Caleb, in my opinion, they SHOULD NOT redshirt him.

With a VERY experienced team, on both sides of the ball -- if they can beat Alabama in the first game, VT will immediately be on everyone's radar. Not that it means shit, but I'd expect them to be a preseason top 5 before the '13 season just for the sake of hype. I'd agree that '13-'14 could be the last best shot CFB has for a Natty.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for 2012 we need special teams to not blow dick.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, but did you know we have at least one female who reads this board? I know one who's the mom of one of our recruits.

tumblr_llqr4mzTEo1qg4f6no1_500.gif

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, but did you know we have at least one female who reads this board? I know one who's the mom of one of our recruits.

Sorry, KickerMom.:crutch:

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our special teams needs to not perform fellatio? Is that G-Rated?

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On that topic I do think all of us do a pretty good job with keep language semi-clean on this particular board. With that said, we can't do but so much. Heck, we have a hot chicks forum. You can't deprive 757 his bubble butt pics.

On now back to VT football....

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am enjoying the response to the "fellas, there's ladies present..." plea for respectful language ended with a pic of a gigantic ass.

You win again internets!!!

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when reading these threads you can tell who the hall monitors were growing up.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i try to watch my fucking mouth as much as I can here -- over on the-key-play, it's pretty much anything-goes .. i must say that i'll have to watch these posts though .. i read this forum during the day at my desk (at work) and my boss may not appreciate a pic like the one above on my monitor -- though i sure as hell do ..

what's up the with the trailer-park-hot-pink toe polish though? damn girl?!?