• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Go Twins!

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fukeneh!

Let's play two!
Hellz yeah PC!

Hugh day for the Twins, A chance to get to 3 games back and jump over the White Sox in the standings. Its time to remind Cleveland who the top dog in this division is!

GO TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Why the double header?
Is this a make up from earlier?

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PC - When I saw this post I didn't get it because I forgot there was an early game today. Oh, well...too late to cry now! I see capps got in and gave up a run. Was that all he did, or was it one run on him, and two on the guy he relieved? Relief pitcher stats. are so mis-leading that I don't give any credence to them.

May I pontificate a bit on this? Thank you! To me, relief pitchers are nothing more than "failed starters" at the end of their ropes. Some find new life, even stardom, but the majority just get pummeled and F-up a lot of well-pitched games for starters who should have been left in. This year I've heard more "chatter" about leaving starters in longer for the above reason. If you remember, Jack Morris, basically told T.K. to get lost in Game 7. He knew he could finish it! I dunno, food for thought, I guess, but I've had it with Capps. I'm sure the starters have too.

Lastly, true bad-luck with Baker missing his start in this crucial series. A win tonite w/b HUGH! Who said that first, anyway, jrs??

Unfortunately it was too little too late.

We'll get em tonight!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Nathan is ready to step in for Capps but they have already used him the last few days so I am sure they are trying to give him some rest. Capps had a good year last year, but he is having a very hard time this year. Maybe he needs to go down to minors and get some work in or something. I don't know what the deal is there.

Having Baker would be HUGH tonight as he has been on fire. Too bad about him getting an extended stay on the DL. Now we will have to watch on nervously tonight as this Diamond kid deals for us... :pray::fear:

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Capps was good last season, so there has to be something with his mechanics
Seems to get through a batter or two, then they figure him out.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think PC kinda summed it up. Gardy can't continue to go to Nathan, what with the Tommy John thing, and all. Personally, I'm shocked how fast Nathan came back to begin with. From what I'm able to gather down here, it seems the bull-pen is really hot & cold. Gotta be drivin' Gardy crazy. If I remember, Perkins was very unreliable in past years and early this year. Now he seems to be in a groove. W/o Perkins who could Gardy go to in the 7th or 8th? It seems Gardy only has two guys right now to trust: Perkins & Nathan. That just isn't enough in my opinion. Glad I ain't in Gardy's shoes and I sure won't criticize him!