• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Go Twins!

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Little rain delay goin' this mornin' so I'm checkin' in. 6-games out starting today, and I think that the Twins have played less games than some of the teams ahead of us. That could be a big factor as the season wears on. Delmon's return was hugh(sp?) Wait till Kubel gets back! We'll start seeing a lot of 8-5 Twins wins when the "hitters" are all healthy. Then, the only "hole" will be the bull-pen. We'll have to wait and see what mgmt. does about that. This team certainly can hit when it's healthy. That's good!

Go Twins!!

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Yeah Buck,
It's great to see the twins getting hits(and runs) for sure.
I think Nathan is ready to start closing games out IMO.
After a shaky start Liriano pitched 7 innings, that helps the bullpen for sure. If all the starters can go 7 that's going to help big time, we'll see.
And it's HUGE, by the way.. ;-)

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
PC,
Fargo was getting nailed this morn at 4:30.
Hope ya'll are staying dry.

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey Guys
Thought I'd better check-in before Buck puts out an A.P.B. on me. I caught the highlights of last nights game and it looked like a good one. Liriano shaky from the start as usual then settles in to pitch a good game. Its good to see Mauer finding his swing again. This team looks totally different with a healthy Mauer, they have confidence and a little swagger to them, I like it! 1 down, 11 to go.

GO TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PC,
Fargo was getting nailed this morn at 4:30.
Hope ya'll are staying dry.

We got a little rain overnight but we got pounded at about 7:30am for about 20 mins or so. Now the sun is shining and all is well.

In fact it's so nice I think I will catch an FM Redhawks game tonight.They are part of the same league as the Saint Paul Saints.

Also got the street fair going on outside my work in downtown Fargo here so there are tons of people around now. Also tons of good (greasy) food to be eaten out there for lunch. :hungry:

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Guys
Thought I'd better check-in before Buck puts out an A.P.B. on me. I caught the highlights of last nights game and it looked like a good one. Liriano shaky from the start as usual then settles in to pitch a good game. Its good to see Mauer finding his swing again. This team looks totally different with a healthy Mauer, they have confidence and a little swagger to them, I like it! 1 down, 11 to go.

GO TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, Mauer is looking good. Not a lot of power shown so far but he deffinately has the "hitting em where they aint" thing going on!

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
We got a little rain overnight but we got pounded at about 7:30am for about 20 mins or so. Now the sun is shining and all is well.

In fact it's so nice I think I will catch an FM Redhawks game tonight.They are part of the same league as the Saint Paul Saints.

Also got the street fair going on outside my work in downtown Fargo here so there are tons of people around now. Also tons of good (greasy) food to be eaten out there for lunch. :hungry:

Well that's not bad. The radar at 4:30 looked like you guys were getting pounded.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's not bad. The radar at 4:30 looked like you guys were getting pounded.

Yeah, there were some nasty looking black hanging clouds that came in for a bit. It was wierd because it was just getting light out this morning and then all of a sudden it was dark as hell again.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
We have about another hour it looks like. Then it should clear untill tonight.
I hope it doesn't screw with the Twins tonight.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We have about another hour it looks like. Then it should clear untill tonight.
I hope it doesn't screw with the Twins tonight.

Lunch Time!!

Don't wanna be a "smart-ass", but since that is an integral part of my nature, here goes. If you're worried about rain, then why did all you "flower-children" insist on going "back to nature" with the new outdoor stadium?? I mean, all the Twins ever did was win in the Dome. What are you guys doin' in that place...havin' "love-ins", or sumthin?

Didn't I just hear that you guys took the roof off the Dome to keep the Vikings there? If the anti-dome guys would have "held their horses" they'd have gotten the outdoor stadium and saved a bunch of loot. Lastly, then you wouldn't be seein' Minnesota facing "foreclosure", or whatever, from all the money being "tossed" around up there!

Sheesh!!

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Part timer!!
LOL,
I know it JR, lately it seems like I haven't been home for more than about 8 hours a day to take a nap and then go again! SportsHoopla has been on the back burner along with the Twins.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Lunch Time!!

Don't wanna be a "smart-ass", but since that is an integral part of my nature, here goes. If you're worried about rain, then why did all you "flower-children" insist on going "back to nature" with the new outdoor stadium?? I mean, all the Twins ever did was win in the Dome. What are you guys doin' in that place...havin' "love-ins", or sumthin?

Didn't I just hear that you guys took the roof off the Dome to keep the Vikings there? If the anti-dome guys would have "held their horses" they'd have gotten the outdoor stadium and saved a bunch of loot. Lastly, then you wouldn't be seein' Minnesota facing "foreclosure", or whatever, from all the money being "tossed" around up there!

Sheesh!!

They can't play in the rain. Maybe the ball gets slippery or something?

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They can't play in the rain. Maybe the ball gets slippery or something?

That's part of my point. If the "geniuses" that foisted the outdoor stadium on MPLS had done their homework they'd have realized that going outdoors from indoors (did that make sense?) required a whole new team that could play on an outdoor venue in "Minnesota" which, of course, is not the same as, say, Wisconsin. Note how the Brewers handled the Twins last time around. "Horses for courses." Elementary, Watson! Game, set, match!

To further this point look at how traumatized Nishi is playing in that place. He was used to playing in China, of course, and may be ultimately unable to make the transition, which, of course, would be a real "too badder" for the Twins. This move I will never understand.

Adieu!!

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Last time around the Twins took 2 outta 3 from the Brew Crew.
Baseball belongs outside. Rain outs are part of it across the country.
The Dome sucked for baseball to say the least.