• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Go Twins!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me that JR, or jrs, is right around there somewhere. Your neighbors to the North have a helluva College Hockey team!

I think JR is right around the cities area and jrs is in Brainerd if I remember right which isn't too far from here. Maybe about an hour or two drive. The last band I was in played a show out at Mille Lacs which is near there and it was a good time. It was a day long music fest and the bands that played and other people that came to the show all camped out where the show was and partied all night.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm in Big lake and jrs is in Brainerd, both in MN.
But close enough.

Hey, buddy! I seem to remember something about that, but that was many beers ago. Speaking of jrs...might have to put his picture on a milk carton. Where was he this weekend?

As for me...I'm boots-up pretty quick. It's 10p.m. here, and 5:30 a.m. gets here way too soon, and I'm draggin' _ss from all that foolishness this weekend. I'm gonna behave for a few weeks too!

Later, Dudes and Go Twins!

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Night Buck.
Just be good the rest of the week, then hit 'er hard next weekend again..

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PC - Just got your message. If I'm with you, I think you're alluding to the "Indian" thing?? That "controversy" is so lame. Down here, the Seminole Indians are proud of being the inspiration for the Fla. State football team. Sometimes I just scratch my head when I try to fathom all this "political correctness."

Nighty, night!!

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Night Buck.
Just be good the rest of the week, then hit 'er hard next weekend again..
Hey guys
I was outta town all weekend. Coaching a softball tourney in Bemidji this weekend. It was a fun weekend good teams from all over the state. We went 2-2 overall. Heading in PC direction next week we have another tournament in Perham. No milk carton needed for this guy!

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good for you, jrs! Sounds like every one had fun, which is what it's all about. If you're headin' in PC's direction better get a good map and a GPS because after talkin' to him & JR last nite I'm convinced all of you guys live in timbuktu! How'd that old joke go? I "bucked" one and Tim "bucked" two!

Later!

Hey guys
I was outta town all weekend. Coaching a softball tourney in Bemidji this weekend. It was a fun weekend good teams from all over the state. We went 2-2 overall. Heading in PC direction next week we have another tournament in Perham. No milk carton needed for this guy!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PC - Just got your message. If I'm with you, I think you're alluding to the "Indian" thing?? That "controversy" is so lame. Down here, the Seminole Indians are proud of being the inspiration for the Fla. State football team. Sometimes I just scratch my head when I try to fathom all this "political correctness."

Nighty, night!!

Yeah, it's all pretty dumb. And I guess they are not exactly too excited about the idea of changing the name after the millions they spent on buildings with the Sioux logo everywhere. I understand that in one building there is a big marble mural of the Sioux logo on the floor. I can't imagine getting that shit changed out would be any fun.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PC - If memory serves me..."they" didn't spend anything on that bldg. The late, Great, Ralph Englestad(sp?) built the whole damned thing with his money only. No public funds were used at all. The agreement with the State of No. Dak. said no one could reneg during his life or after his death. so much for trusting the liberal Dems., again! Didn't you say your cousin was a big Sioux fan? Check with him too, and see if you can't find out more on your own as well. That "Sioux" thing burns my butt and I don't even live there.

Wait a minute...I got it!!! It was Bush's fault!

Yeah, it's all pretty dumb. And I guess they are not exactly too excited about the idea of changing the name after the millions they spent on buildings with the Sioux logo everywhere. I understand that in one building there is a big marble mural of the Sioux logo on the floor. I can't imagine getting that shit changed out would be any fun.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys

You coach softball? I hear that with credentials like that you could probably coach an MLB team better than Gardy. :boss:

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PC - If memory serves me..."they" didn't spend anything on that bldg. The late, Great, Ralph Englestad(sp?) built the whole damned thing with his money only. No public funds were used at all. The agreement with the State of No. Dak. said no one could reneg during his life or after his death. so much for trusting the liberal Dems., again! Didn't you say your cousin was a big Sioux fan? Check with him too, and see if you can't find out more on your own as well. That "Sioux" thing burns my butt and I don't even live there.

Wait a minute...I got it!!! It was Bush's fault!

Either way that's a hell of a waste if they make them change it. I am not sure on the exact origin of funds but they gotta come from somewhere right?

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't wanna sound like hauv, but I'm right on Ralph building it with his money. I'll probably research later tonite if it's slow, but I won't harangue you with it, as I'm sure you have bigger fish in your life to fry, and I respect that.

Either way that's a hell of a waste if they make them change it. I am not sure on the exact origin of funds but they gotta come from somewhere right?

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't wanna sound like hauv, but I'm right on Ralph building it with his money. I'll probably research later tonite if it's slow, but I won't harangue you with it, as I'm sure you have bigger fish in your life to fry, and I respect that.

I wasn't arguing anything. I understand you have a passion for the Sioux and I may have unintentionaly ruffled your feathers here. I really don't know too many details on the whole thing. Just hear tidbits here and there.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PC - Not to worry one little bit! You and I have talked about Sioux Hockey before and I know that you only have a casual interest that's why I said I wouldn't harangue you. The truth about this is being "buried" deeper as the years go by. Kinda like the textbooks your Father read and the one's your kids get.

I DO have a passion for the truth, that's why I also despise the steroid-era records. Imagine Hank, or the Babe, or Nolan Ryan on steroids. They, and others, had records eclipsed by "juiced" players. The "juiced records" are fraudulent in my book.

You and Me are always good, not to worry.

I wasn't arguing anything. I understand you have a passion for the Sioux and I may have unintentionaly ruffled your feathers here. I really don't know too many details on the whole thing. Just hear tidbits here and there.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Cuddy won't get to start in the All-Star game today but I would imagine he will probably be put in later in the game. That's some stiff competition for that starting lineup. Must be exciting for him to be rubbing elbows with all those great players.

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You coach softball? I hear that with credentials like that you could probably coach an MLB team better than Gardy. :boss:
Your darn right I could, did I tell you that I know how to spell Twins? and that I was in the Metrodome before? I also shook hands with Kent Hrbek one time? Ohhhhhh, and I have a daughter that plays softball!
Heck with the Twins, I am going after Joe Girardi's job with those credentials!