• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Go Twins!

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, JR - I rallied this morning and did a ton of yard work and sweated out the poison. Then my "baseball posse" demanded a re-match at yesterday's tiki bar so I manned-up and watched the Twins, Tigers, and Rays games on the bar tv's. As soon as the Twins won I adiosed. Those dudes are on their own tonite!

A little trick I do is to drink Miller 64's. Only 2.8% alcohol, keeps me from gettin' juiced but I'm still in on all the hi-jinx. Strictly a defensive move that saves my butt every time.

Coulda been the wiskey...might've been the gin..coulda been the 3,4 six packs I don't know, but look at the mess Bucks in...

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes siree, JR! Ozzie is definately good humor, as is Hawk Harrelson, the TV play-by-play guy. These two wear their emotions on their sleeves and melt-down when the Twins put the boots to them. Me and my posse prefer to listen to Hawk when the Twins play the Sox just to laugh at Hawk's angst. They both are memorable baseball personalities in my book.

Ozzie is an ass and so is the Hawk. They always play the Chicago feed with the Hawk on MLBN when they do score updates. I like to turn over there after the Twins do something big like hit a homerun and wait for them to show it so I can hear the Hawk cry. It's friggen hilarious!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year I'm just listening to the MLB radio feed. I'm in the Eastern Time zone and the 1-hr. time difference alone makes it hard to stay up for the games in Mpls. If the Twins are in Seattle it starts here at 10pm, no bueno!

At $200 per year, MLB TV works out to a little more than $1.00 per game but why spend $200 on Mlb TV if you don't watch all the games. So far the radio is not that bad.

I'm hoping that MLB TV goes to an "ala-carte" format where I can choose an individual game and just buy it. Even if I spent, say, $5.00 a game at least it'd be a game I would be able stay up for, or a game that I desperately wanted to watch.

I agree. They really should do something like that where you can purchase single games.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey, bro...where 'ya been? last few days it been me & JR holdin' down the fort, that is until I went awol yesterday.

So you find the humor in Hawk too! That's pretty good. We watched the game today in the local tiki bar. It has t.v.s almost hanging over every seat so the sound is never on. Otherwise we'd of had Hawk doin' the color. I'll bet he lost his mind today when the "Pollack" (A.J.) made his big boo-boo and let the Twins cruise on by! How about Burnett? Talk about scary!

But...a win is a win, and Mauer is looking better and Cuddy is still on fire, and Swarzak looked very good...hey, we got a team again!

Ozzie is an ass and so is the Hawk. They always play the Chicago feed with the Hawk on MLBN when they do score updates. I like to turn over there after the Twins do something big like hit a homerun and wait for them to show it so I can hear the Hawk cry. It's friggen hilarious!

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For sure!! MLB is missing the boat on this one. They should offer the full-season pkg. at it's normal rate, and also offer ala carte games at higher rates. I think MLB would do well on this.

Do you get all the Twins games where you are, or do you have to buy the MLB pkg. if you want them?

I agree. They really should do something like that where you can purchase single games.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a nice little gathering with some rowdy fellers on Saturday. When the Twins are on Fox I like to go out to the garage and watch on the TV out there since Fox is one of the few channels I can get to come in out there. Booze is usually involved and sometimes I have partners in crime.

Yesterday I had about five or six of my buddies show up and they came armed with an arsenal of liquor. I was ready to just casually sip some beers until they showed up and proceeded to act as the booze bullies. My buddies can really drink and I don't even try to keep up. Not sure how they do it.

First thing they do is pull out one of those evil little green bottles of Jagermiester and pass it around till it's gone. Then they announce that they decided to be nice guys and get us all a bottle of Colt 45 malt liquor (gee thanks guys! lol). There was also a bottle of UV cupcake flavored vodka which I had never heard of but tasted exactly like cupcakes and was a little too good. Stuff could get a guy in trouble real quick.

We had a little game going with my basketball hoop on the garage where we would take turns taking a shot (with the basketball) and if we made it we could challenge whoever we want to make the same shot and if they miss they drink and if they make it you drink. We did this with the cupcake stuff for a while and I was actually relieved to see the bottle empty but then guess what? Another one magically appeared! Shit!

Needless to say this morning sucked. It has been a day of recovery.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure!! MLB is missing the boat on this one. They should offer the full-season pkg. at it's normal rate, and also offer ala carte games at higher rates. I think MLB would do well on this.

Do you get all the Twins games where you are, or do you have to buy the MLB pkg. if you want them?

I have Direct TV and I get all the Twins games. It sucks for some people around here who have standard cable because there is some sort of contract agreement that the cable company did not agree to with FSN because they are cheapskates so now a handful of the Twins games are blacked out for them.

I have been very happy with Direct TV and I can't wait until after the all-star break because they are going to have another free preview of the extra innings package for a week like they did for the first week at the beggining of the season. I love it but it kinda drives the wife up a wall with all that baseball going on.. lol

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, bro...where 'ya been? last few days it been me & JR holdin' down the fort, that is until I went awol yesterday.
So you find the humor in Hawk too! That's pretty good. We watched the game today in the local tiki bar. It has t.v.s almost hanging over every seat so the sound is never on. Otherwise we'd of had Hawk doin' the color. I'll bet he lost his mind today when the "Pollack" (A.J.) made his big boo-boo and let the Twins cruise on by! How about Burnett? Talk about scary!

But...a win is a win, and Mauer is looking better and Cuddy is still on fire, and Swarzak looked very good...hey, we got a team again!

I usually don't get on here much on the weekends. Don't work weekends so I am usually keeping myself occupied with something.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Sounds like a good night PC.
Was it cupcake flavor or birthday cake flavor? I've seen birthday cake flavor, but never tried it.
Twins take another series, looking good..

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a good night PC.
Was it cupcake flavor or birthday cake flavor? I've seen birthday cake flavor, but never tried it.
Twins take another series, looking good..

That sounds right JR. Must have been the birthday cake flavor stuff. I just remember seeing a picture of a cupcake on it and that's all I could think of when I tasted it.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Some of my friends have Direct Tv like you and they say it's better than Comcast Cable except for all the service interruptions during our storm season down here. That's a real issue that I can't deal with. Direct Tv can be knocked out on & off during storms all night.

Direct guys have to buy the MLB Pkg like us cable guys but Direct gives them a better product in several ways, which is nice. The Saturday blackout is imposed on Direct TV too. There is no way around it. That really frosted me when I was paying nearly $200 per year for, essentially, just the Twins games and couldn't get every one. Of course, if you like the "Jankees", Red Sox, or Mets, everything is fine because that's who's on the Sat. game of the week all the time.

I have Direct TV and I get all the Twins games. It sucks for some people around here who have standard cable because there is some sort of contract agreement that the cable company did not agree to with FSN because they are cheapskates so now a handful of the Twins games are blacked out for them.

I have been very happy with Direct TV and I can't wait until after the all-star break because they are going to have another free preview of the extra innings package for a week like they did for the first week at the beggining of the season. I love it but it kinda drives the wife up a wall with all that baseball going on.. lol

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sounds like you had a good time! Right up my alley!

Colt 45?? Yikes, that stuff brings back some painful memories from high-school & college. Cupcake vodka?? That's a new one! Where'd you say you were from?

Had a nice little gathering with some rowdy fellers on Saturday. When the Twins are on Fox I like to go out to the garage and watch on the TV out there since Fox is one of the few channels I can get to come in out there. Booze is usually involved and sometimes I have partners in crime.

Yesterday I had about five or six of my buddies show up and they came armed with an arsenal of liquor. I was ready to just casually sip some beers until they showed up and proceeded to act as the booze bullies. My buddies can really drink and I don't even try to keep up. Not sure how they do it.

First thing they do is pull out one of those evil little green bottles of Jagermiester and pass it around till it's gone. Then they announce that they decided to be nice guys and get us all a bottle of Colt 45 malt liquor (gee thanks guys! lol). There was also a bottle of UV cupcake flavored vodka which I had never heard of but tasted exactly like cupcakes and was a little too good. Stuff could get a guy in trouble real quick.

We had a little game going with my basketball hoop on the garage where we would take turns taking a shot (with the basketball) and if we made it we could challenge whoever we want to make the same shot and if they miss they drink and if they make it you drink. We did this with the cupcake stuff for a while and I was actually relieved to see the bottle empty but then guess what? Another one magically appeared! Shit!

Needless to say this morning sucked. It has been a day of recovery.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seems to me that JR, or jrs, is right around there somewhere. Your neighbors to the North have a helluva College Hockey team!

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I'm in Big lake and jrs is in Brainerd, both in MN.
But close enough.