• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Go Twins!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone see the end of that Indians/Jays game last night? Haffner won it with a walk off grand slam. Pretty crazy but too bad it was another win for Cleveland. Btw, Haffner is from ND. Just sayin... lol

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PC - Just dashed back to the nest and gotta run in a sec. Didn't see the Hafner blast, but I saw on the MLB scoreboard site before I turned-in that the sacks were juiced in the bottom of the 9th, and I kinda worried that I'd read about it this morning. Guess what....? Oh, well.

Anyone see the end of that Indians/Jays game last night? Haffner won it with a walk off grand slam. Pretty crazy but too bad it was another win for Cleveland. Btw, Haffner is from ND. Just sayin... lol

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PC - Just dashed back to the nest and gotta run in a sec. Didn't see the Hafner blast, but I saw on the MLB scoreboard site before I turned-in that the sacks were juiced in the bottom of the 9th, and I kinda worried that I'd read about it this morning. Guess what....? Oh, well.

Yeah, well I guess that means the boys will have to keep it up and continue on with that sweep.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Right you are, PC! It's a dirty job but someone's gotta do it. Might as, well be the "garbage men" who play their home games in the shadow of the Downtown Incinerator. (Anybody know...does that thing still burn trash? It did years ago.)

Go Twins!

Yeah, well I guess that means the boys will have to keep it up and continue on with that sweep.

anythingispossible

Dangling Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Anybody know...does that thing still burn trash? It did years ago.)
Yes it does. It was just featured on a discovery Channel show.
Go Twins

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks, ATP! Then since no one wants to give this team any respect I will refer to them as the "garbagemen." I expect them to clean up tonite like they did last nite!

(Anybody know...does that thing still burn trash? It did years ago.)
Yes it does. It was just featured on a discovery Channel show.
Go Twins

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes siree, JR! Ozzie is definately good humor, as is Hawk Harrelson, the TV play-by-play guy. These two wear their emotions on their sleeves and melt-down when the Twins put the boots to them. Me and my posse prefer to listen to Hawk when the Twins play the Sox just to laugh at Hawk's angst. They both are memorable baseball personalities in my book.

7PM tonight folks...
I like Ozzie too..

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Never listened to him call a game Buck.
You listen online somewhere?

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He does the Sox TV play-by-play, so if you have Direct TV or Comcast just tune into the Sox feed and listen to him call it. After a while, you'll feel his pain when the Twins get ahead. The last year in the Dome, for instance, Hawk complained over and over how unfair that place had been to the Sox through the years. In the 2nd to last game played there the Twins won the game late and Hawk thought he was off the mike and muttered to himself, "God, I hate this place!" Me and my friends, drunk, of course, howled in delight, and we still talk about it today. Hawk's a beauty and a good announcer. Give him a try.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This year I'm just listening to the MLB radio feed. I'm in the Eastern Time zone and the 1-hr. time difference alone makes it hard to stay up for the games in Mpls. If the Twins are in Seattle it starts here at 10pm, no bueno!

At $200 per year, MLB TV works out to a little more than $1.00 per game but why spend $200 on Mlb TV if you don't watch all the games. So far the radio is not that bad.

I'm hoping that MLB TV goes to an "ala-carte" format where I can choose an individual game and just buy it. Even if I spent, say, $5.00 a game at least it'd be a game I would be able stay up for, or a game that I desperately wanted to watch.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You probably know me a little by now. I'm totally a glass 1/2 full guy. (Kinda wish I was in a Tiki Bar right now with a "full" glass.) Anyway, yeah, we're down by 4 now but it's really early. We can have a big inning too! Could be we'll win 10-9, who knows?

Jeeze, thank god they're out of that inning..

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Shoulda got more than 1-run out of that bases loaded, no-outs situation, but did get 1-run. Maybe we'll get 'em over a barrel again next inning!