• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Go Twins!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it sounds like Mauer will make his debut at 1B tonight. This is exciting to finally see happen. Something like this has been talked about by many fans over the last couple years and it is great to see them give it the green light. We need that bat. But first we also need Joe to get back to his old self. Getting him in more games should help that cause.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lot's to talk about but #1 must be the fact that I survived your "ignore list." Whew!!

Thanks for the update on Nishi. I didnt watch enough of yesterday's game to remember what he did. Seems to me that he still hasn't lived up to his billing, however. Hope he can. (Maybe your friend over on Fox can give Nishi some pointers on fielding ground balls and at the same time help the "best pure hitter in baseball" re-discover his "moje.")

The W/Sox series really is hugh, maybe more than most think. Winning 3 or 4 games before the break really sends a message to the Central. Losing 3 or 4 kills all the current momentum and might trigger "throwing in the towel" and a player "sell-off" by upper mgmt. We've seen Cleveland and the Marlins do this and it's taken the Indians 10 yrs. to recover. The Marlins are now wandering further into the "abyss" than Cleveland did. I go to a couple games a year there and it's a very depressing scene. We sure don't want to see that in Twinsville!

I agree buck, the Wite Sox series right before the all-star break here is going to be big (in fact HUGH (Heffner or Grant?)). Nothing would be more sweet than a four game sweep but three out of the four would be great!

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Speaking of the "ignore-list," it's been so long since I've talked to Misk that I just checked to see if I accidentally put him on my growing list. Anybody seen this little lost "dogie?" Send him home to Bucky if you do.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's hard to watch those games out in Marlins land with all those empty seats. People need to get out to those games. You would think they would be practically giving the tickets away to at least get some attendace. I don't see that happening to the Twins any time soon. They always seem to be in the thick of things and find away to claw their way through.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the "ignore-list," it's been so long since I've talked to Misk that I just checked to see if I accidentally put him on my growing list. Anybody seen this little lost "dogie?" Send him home to Bucky if you do.

Yeah, last time I saw ol Misk was on Tuesday night when I finally tried playing caption slap which he had told us about a while ago. Not sure how much he has been around since. He usually pops up on the Vikes thread from time to time as well.

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I jumped into watch that caption slap a few weeks ago, and it was very funny! I didn't have the time to put into it so I just checked it out. I think if a guy has the time it would be a fun night. Its a good way to wear out the f5 button on a computer!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I jumped into watch that caption slap a few weeks ago, and it was very funny! I didn't have the time to put into it so I just checked it out. I think if a guy has the time it would be a fun night. Its a good way to wear out the f5 button on a computer!

Whoa, I never knew what the f5 button did until now. lol Thanks jrs!

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks for the update on Misk. I was headin' out to have his picture put on a milk carton. I'll wait a little longer now.

Yeah, last time I saw ol Misk was on Tuesday night when I finally tried playing caption slap which he had told us about a while ago. Not sure how much he has been around since. He usually pops up on the Vikes thread from time to time as well.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What's even crazier about the Marlins deal is that a brand new stadium funded by the city of Miami is opening next year and the team will be called the "Miami" Marlins. What if no one goes? The team ain't gonna get any better by next April and MLB has never really drawn there even with two recent World Series winners. I heard the stadium is just under $750 million and is open-air. I'll double-check that later. I'll be over there after the All-Star break. I'll sit any where I want for $20.

It rains so much over there that the "crowd," usually 10,000 or less, empties into the concourses and sits in the many bars with big-screen t.v.'s and watch it there. Talk about weird! And hot & humid...forget about it! I can't wait for the Marlins to get good again so I can have a National League team to root for within drinking distance.

Yeah, it's hard to watch those games out in Marlins land with all those empty seats. People need to get out to those games. You would think they would be practically giving the tickets away to at least get some attendace. I don't see that happening to the Twins any time soon. They always seem to be in the thick of things and find away to claw their way through.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Check that...It says on the Marlins site that the new stadium is $515,000,000 (Bull-sh_t.) Local scuttle-butt says way more! Either way, it will have a retractable roof. That's good!. It's a little less than 2 hrs. from me. No biggie. If I had jrs money I'd have two homes and I'd fly back & forth between Mpls & Miami for the games all the time!

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What's even crazier about the Marlins deal is that a brand new stadium funded by the city of Miami is opening next year and the team will be called the "Miami" Marlins. What if no one goes? The team ain't gonna get any better by next April and MLB has never really drawn there even with two recent World Series winners. I heard the stadium is just under $750 million and is open-air. I'll double-check that later. I'll be over there after the All-Star break. I'll sit any where I want for $20.

It rains so much over there that the "crowd," usually 10,000 or less, empties into the concourses and sits in the many bars with big-screen t.v.'s and watch it there. Talk about weird! And hot & humid...forget about it! I can't wait for the Marlins to get good again so I can have a National League team to root for within drinking distance.
$750 Mill and no roof! Ouch!
I hope for the sake of the City that somebody shows up!

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Check that...It says on the Marlins site that the new stadium is $515,000,000 (Bull-sh_t.) Local scuttle-butt says way more! Either way, it will have a retractable roof. That's good!. It's a little less than 2 hrs. from me. No biggie. If I had jrs money I'd have two homes and I'd fly back & forth between Mpls & Miami for the games all the time!
Yeah, Its a huge pain in the ass having all this money and nothing more to buy! LOL.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, lookee here, a little, lost dogie came home! I was thinkin' that like Tom Petty once said, "who knows, maybe you (Misk) were kidnapped, tied-up, taken away, and held for ransom."

What's new, Buddy??

what up fellow twins fans .. we gonna beat them sox tonight oh yea

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, Its a huge pain in the ass having all this money and nothing more to buy! LOL.

Gimme a call sometime jrs...
We'll figure out what to do with all your cash..

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, lookee here, a little, lost dogie came home! I was thinkin' that like Tom Petty once said, "who knows, maybe you (Misk) were kidnapped, tied-up, taken away, and held for ransom."

What's new, Buddy??

they wouldnt get much for me ... but then again they would have to pay my family to take me back ................lol