• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Go Twins!

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
By the way...what were some of the best bars around there? I heard that Hubert's re-located close by and that the Loon is still there. Did you try Smalley's? I'll get back to jrs about the one he mentioned. That one rings a bell too but I don't remember why.

Later (again!)

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah buck, all the places I mentioned are in the downtown area.

Good matchup tonight for sure. Big game James vs. Baker. Baker has been on a roll and he needs to keep that shit up tonight.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way...what were some of the best bars around there? I heard that Hubert's re-located close by and that the Loon is still there. Did you try Smalley's? I'll get back to jrs about the one he mentioned. That one rings a bell too but I don't remember why.

Later (again!)

We did not go to Smalley's but we did hit up Hrbeks. Had a very tasty buger there and some overpriced drinks. We were amazed to find out when we asked to have bacon added to our burger that they do not have bacon at Hrbeks. No bacon at Hrbeks?! Pretty sure by the looks of Kent he has gotten into a few packages of bacon in his day. My buddy had a good comeback for the waitress though and said, "Puckets would have bacon!" lol

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey buck, you ever tried this stuff made by Jim Beam called Red Stag? Saw it on sale and thought I'd give it a whirl and it's actually pretty good. It has a black cherry flavor to it that makes it a little dangerous so ya gotta be carefull. The stuff could get a guy in trouble! lol

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PC - Have not heard of that one, but black cherry is one of my favorite flavors so I'll look for it and give it a whirl! Had some really bad experiences in high school with sloe gin and blackberry brandy concoctions. Probably the lack of ice cubes when it was 90 degs., didn't help that experiment, but I've been leery of anything like that since! Here goes nuthin'!

Thanks for the mention of Hrbek's, never knew he had a joint. (The Puckett joke was priceless!) I'm workin' on gettin' up there and will let you guys know when so's you can all hide when the "big dog" comes to town!

Later!!

Hey buck, you ever tried this stuff made by Jim Beam called Red Stag? Saw it on sale and thought I'd give it a whirl and it's actually pretty good. It has a black cherry flavor to it that makes it a little dangerous so ya gotta be carefull. The stuff could get a guy in trouble! lol

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Yeah buck, all the places I mentioned are in the downtown area.

Good matchup tonight for sure. Big game James vs. Baker. Baker has been on a roll and he needs to keep that shit up tonight.

Baker's been our best starter all season.
In the early part, when the Twins couldn't buy a win he was solid. Alot of the losses were from the bullpen back then too.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Partying downtown would be a blast. We never stay, we go to the Twins/Vikes and head for home.
Might have to stay overnight one of these nights.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I never stayed overnite either when I lived up there either because I knew all the side-roads back to my shack in So. Mpls by Lake Harriet. For sure I'm gonna stay out of trouble by not driving, so somewhere close to Downtown is what I'm gonna do. I used to book clients into the Radisson once in a while. Is that joint still there? Then there's another hotel on 7-corners, wonder if that's still there? Short cab ride to the ball park and Whiskey Junction not too far away either. Works for me! Sounds like I'm "hatchin' a plan!"

Partying downtown would be a blast. We never stay, we go to the Twins/Vikes and head for home.
Might have to stay overnight one of these nights.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can always check out the lightrail track too and find something close to one of it's stops. I have never done that myself but hear that it works pretty well for people. Just hear that it can take a little extra time because it makes a lot of stops along the way.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thought about that but when you're an inner-city kid you don't take public transportation as an adult. No more Boyz-n-the Hood bull-sheet for me!

You can always check out the lightrail track too and find something close to one of it's stops. I have never done that myself but hear that it works pretty well for people. Just hear that it can take a little extra time because it makes a lot of stops along the way.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
We took it last year to the Twins game, but it's last run is 30 minutes after last pich.
Not enough time to go out and party.
Staying downtown would be best bet I think.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For sure, JR...that would be the plan as it stands right now. Plus, I'm still "pissed" about the "train-thing" knocking-out Rich-Acres Golf Course over by the Crosstown Hwy. and Cedar Ave to make way for the Jesse's brain-storm. Shoulda sent it right down Chicago Ave. where I grew up. Too late now!

We took it last year to the Twins game, but it's last run is 30 minutes after last pich.
Not enough time to go out and party.
Staying downtown would be best bet I think.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stay downtown for sure. Lot's of cool party people out and about at all times. I had a pretty good time last year at a little place called Dan Kelly's Bar & Grill. Cool place would go back again.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dan Kelly's...that's a new one to me right there! (Isn't there a sports columnist from St. Paul with that name?) I like those little joints myself, especially late at nite. Keep the ideas flowin' while the Twin's momentum is growin"!

Stay downtown for sure. Lot's of cool party people out and about at all times. I had a pretty good time last year at a little place called Dan Kelly's Bar & Grill. Cool place would go back again.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Before I forget, what's with Casillo gettin' picked-off again! I swear he takes a box of "stupid pills" every morning! He has lots of physical talent which makes it all-the-worse.

Now Revere gets his second hit! You and jrs were preaching his skills from the start and you guys were right...he's good! Hope Casillo can now atone for his mistake.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That Cuddyer sucks, don't he! Now he's starting to get some of the favorable "bounces" he wasn't getting early in the year. The key is he is making contact with the ball and putting it in play, not striking out. Credit Gardy for staying with him...Gardy knew it was not wholly Cuddy's fault.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good call again, PC. Who'd Shields just get...Danny V.? I was coming into the room when the re-play was being shown so I didn't see who he picked-off this time. (Stupid-pills are pretty tasty so Casillo may not be the only guy eatin' 'em.)

Yeah, James Shields is one of the best at catching guys on the bags.