• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Go Twins!

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I missed the game last night and looking at the boxscore I am glad I did. What an ugly game.
Lets get 'em today, GO TWINS!

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Yeah jrs,
Capps tried to blow the lead today in the 9th.
I'm glad Nathan is back and looking sharp. I miss his nervous twitches.. lol
Now they need to get him closing games again.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Right you are, Jr. When the Brewers put the tieing runs on base and had the winning run at the plate in the 9th, I was more nervous than Rock Hudson eatin' a hot dog!

Capps hasn't shown me much this year and most of us felt that the bull-pen was gonna be the problem this year. This has come true. No one could have predicted the injuries to the hitters, but that seems to be running it's course, and the team is scoring runs. To make a serious run in the 2nd half, the bull-pen has to find itself. We'll see.

Go Twins!

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Early to bed, early to rise, that's my motto! Another big series starts today with the T.B. Rays, and the Rays are a very good team again this year. The Twins are starting to look like the team we expected them to be before all the injuries occurred. This could be a dog-fight (no, Mike Vick will not be officiating) I like the Twins chances! Later, boyz!

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like the optimism Buck! Its going to be an interesting second half of the season no matter what happens. Can this team close the gap to first place, or do we look towards the future and trade some veterans for some young prospects. At least we have a reason to watch the Twins, and a good chance to win each game we play right now.

GO TWINS!

Happy 4th everybody. :usa2:

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Did PC get Hijacked on his way back from the Twins game?

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY ALL

gfourthofjuly23.gif

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
jrs - Good discussion points! I agree with you that the 2nd half is gonna be fun so long as no one gets hurt again. I also think the Twins can be a significant factor in the Central Division race, provided they stay healthy. As you pointed-out, the real unknown is what the upper-mgmt. does regarding trades, etc. I believe that the only guys "tradeable" are just as valuable in trades "after" the season, as they are now, so why not finish the season with them if we keep winning? The Twins won again today forcing the Division Leaders to win later tonite. Keep the team as-is. It's going well.

I was thinking about PC a while ago too. Probably, whoopin' it up Downtown somewhere!

Go Twins!

I like the optimism Buck! Its going to be an interesting second half of the season no matter what happens. Can this team close the gap to first place, or do we look towards the future and trade some veterans for some young prospects. At least we have a reason to watch the Twins, and a good chance to win each game we play right now.

GO TWINS!

Happy 4th everybody. :usa2:

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
jrs - Good discussion points! I agree with you that the 2nd half is gonna be fun so long as no one gets hurt again. I also think the Twins can be a significant factor in the Central Division race, provided they stay healthy. As you pointed-out, the real unknown is what the upper-mgmt. does regarding trades, etc. I believe that the only guys "tradeable" are just as valuable in trades "after" the season, as they are now, so why not finish the season with them if we keep winning? The Twins won again today forcing the Division Leaders to win later tonite. Keep the team as-is. It's going well.

I was thinking about PC a while ago too. Probably, whoopin' it up Downtown somewhere!

Go Twins!

Hey Buck

Yeah, hopefully they keep the team together, I think they can make a nice run in the second half. They are always a good second half team. they have sure been playing good lately, they had a couple of ugly games but they are winning series right now and thats all that matters. Winning 2 out of 3 the rest of they way or even close would be pretty sweet. Get to the playoffs and who knows what may happen. Their starting pitching has really looked pretty good lately. Very nice win against a good team and good pitcher today.

Go Twins!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah jrs,

I agree! Sucked seeing that big lead blown live in person with Brewer fans sitting right by us. We walked back to the hotel with our tails between our legs and proceeded to drown our sorrows at the hotel bar.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Capps had a good year last year but has not proved himself beyond reasonable doubt this year. I was so happy to see Gardy pull him on Sunday after he gave up two hits right away. Perkins has been nice to have in that pen.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey, PC! What hotel did you stay at, I might be going up to Mpls. yet this Summer. Name some of the joints you liked or didn't like. jrs told me that his favorite place was the Gay Nineties? What did you think of it?

I agree! Sucked seeing that big lead blown live in person with Brewer fans sitting right by us. We walked back to the hotel with our tails between our legs and proceeded to drown our sorrows at the hotel bar.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, PC! What hotel did you stay at, I might be going up to Mpls. yet this Summer. Name some of the joints you liked or didn't like. jrs told me that his favorite place was the Gay Nineties? What did you think of it?

Never tried the gay 90's... lol

We stayed this time at the Marquette. Nice place, short walk to the ballpark but I wouldn't stay there again. It was just a little too ritzy for me. The thing that threw me off most was that they wanted you to pay extra to use the wireless internet. I can stay at a damn Super 8 in the ghetto and get free wireless internet! wtf?? And there was no way I was going for any of those little goodies by the wet bar with their crazy price gouging. The bar downstairs was quite pricey too. Met some cool people down there and had a good time though. I also thought we were supposed to have two queen beds in the room but instead there were two full beds that were just barely big enough for two people to use.

We have also stayed at the Comfort Suites and that was better. The rooms were kind of outdated which the wife didn't like but I could have given a fuck less. Plus they have a great breakfast in the morning were you can get omeletts, sausage, waffles... etc. at no extra charge. Pretty badass if you ask me.

Another good place is the Normandy. We stayed there once for a Vikes game and they had just done some remodeling updates and the rooms were nice. They had a cool little bar downstairs too where we met some Gianst fans that had come in for the game from NY. Besides being Giants fans they were pretty good people and we had a good time.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PC - Thanks for the info.! The Normandy rings a bell. Where is it in relation to Downtown? If I get up there I'll want to stay Downtown so I can party in peace w/o gettin' popped by the Federales for a DUI, or something. Never had one...don't want one now!

My posse down here is going up for the Tigers series the 3rd week of July. If Lena's leg gets better I might be able to sneak away. Otherwise she wants to go back around the State Fair time. She said lookin' at the Shetland Ponies reminds her of me?? Not sure what that means, but I'd be ok with seeing the Twins at that time as they might be a lot closer to 1st place by then.

Big game tonite for the Twins against "Big-Game" Shield and the Rays. No reason why the Twins can't cuff him around too. I get most of the Rays games down here so I got my night planned.

Later!
Never tried the gay 90's... lol

We stayed this time at the Marquette. Nice place, short walk to the ballpark but I wouldn't stay there again. It was just a little too ritzy for me. The thing that threw me off most was that they wanted you to pay extra to use the wireless internet. I can stay at a damn Super 8 in the ghetto and get free wireless internet! wtf?? And there was no way I was going for any of those little goodies by the wet bar with their crazy price gouging. The bar downstairs was quite pricey too. Met some cool people down there and had a good time though. I also thought we were supposed to have two queen beds in the room but instead there were two full beds that were just barely big enough for two people to use.

We have also stayed at the Comfort Suites and that was better. The rooms were kind of outdated which the wife didn't like but I could have given a fuck less. Plus they have a great breakfast in the morning were you can get omeletts, sausage, waffles... etc. at no extra charge. Pretty badass if you ask me.

Another good place is the Normandy. We stayed there once for a Vikes game and they had just done some remodeling updates and the rooms were nice. They had a cool little bar downstairs too where we met some Gianst fans that had come in for the game from NY. Besides being Giants fans they were pretty good people and we had a good time.