• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Give Me Your Top 10 QBs For This Year

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bingo, wish we knew someone in rehab that knows a bit about these things

I don't know a single thing about it so I myself will arm chair this by past ACL tears from players. I think Wentz should take a couple of games off to try to get fully healed.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz himself said he doesn't need preseason games and the coaches may or may not agree with him. Personally, I'd put him in the games for a series or two just to knock off the rust. If his mobility is good and he looks fine then play him week 1. If he's lacking and kind of struggling on his mobility then he may need a few games off to heal a little more. The salary cap issue is going to be a huge problem but at least the FO doesn't have to think about that for a little bit.

They already said he won’t be as mobile and that’s a huge problem. This is one of those seasons you wish you had an early bye like week 4 so you can sit him for an extra 5 weeks but only miss 3 games.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already said he won’t be as mobile and that’s a huge problem. This is one of those seasons you had an early bye like week 4 so you can sit him for an extra 5 weeks but only miss 3 games.

This is probably the best route to go and then gear him up for the stretch run

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah... military does nothing for your career. Its just an avenue for working class kids who dont want to go or cant get into college. I appreciate the fact that we need a military but its nothing I'd let my kids do with the PTSD, anxiety and the tragic suicide rate. Its not like the smart kids in HS choose the military. I apologize if I offended you but I'm not very high on the military.
I cant believe this kind of talk would come from a lady like you! I thought a little better of you

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in the day when I was in college (late '70's), Gen. Westmoreland came and spoke to our senior level world politics class. In a Q&A afterward, a smug and arrogant liberal PHD student got up and gave a little speech about the Vietnamese War and then asked the Gen. a question that he thought his speech had the Gen. cornered. But, no, Westmoreland absolutely clobbered the PHD guy with facts. evidence and truth. The PHD guy slunk out of the room with his tail between his legs. No question who the smartest person in the room was that day, and ever since then I've noticed that all my friends who who entered the military came out much better persons.

Oh, she's definitely a lib

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt they do anything that puts him in danger. He will struggle this season and I’m sure all the Cowboy fans will be elated. He has to overcome the injury and won’t be able to run like before until he’s 100 percent and what makes Wentz incredible is what he does on the run.

I already know what you’re thinking. Again... I can see the future. Dak bounces back, Wentz struggles as he heals and adapts and Cowboy fans think Dak is still on Wentz’s level and in 5 years we laugh at how absurd Cowboy fans were.
It sure seems you are setting up an excuse in advance if Wentz comes down to Earth this year. I personally don't see the injury affecting him that much. I think being a QB, once he is healthy (may be preseason or may be week 8) his mobility may be impacted a little, but unless he changes his throwing motion I don't think it will be noticeable anywhere else and the fact he will have a top 3 OL should help offset the mobility issue if there is one at all - see AP.

As far as Dak versus Wentz. Year 3 should be only as important of a year as year 1 and 2 in deciding who they are. But for some reason year 2 is all many are looking at when they make up their minds. So I suspect they do the same after year 3. It's the nature of being a fan. If you want proof look at Matt Ryan's ranking in this thread. Not sure anyone had him in the top 3 and most didn't even have him #4. During and after 2016 I think everyone had him 4th at worst. Even better look at Nick Foles. Two years ago many thought he wasn't an NFL starter and this offseason he got $20M and some fans think he is a top 10 QB.

Fans have always relied too much on the last season, game or play and since ESPN and fantasy Football exploded it's a lot worse and a lot more geared toward the "ooh and ahh" play. I'm sure as heck not calling either Dak or Wentz Manning or Brady, but who was "better" in that comparison often changed by the year if you remember. Personally I don't care. It doesn't matter to me to go position by position with other teams and I don't get why it has become such a thing here. All you can do is what your team asks you to do in your system and you do that as well as possible. I just want my team as a whole to do better than every other team. :2cents:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already said he won’t be as mobile and that’s a huge problem. This is one of those seasons you wish you had an early bye like week 4 so you can sit him for an extra 5 weeks but only miss 3 games.
That's a good point about the bye week. I'm always in favor of a late bye week, but it would have been huge to get one around week 4 or 5 for Philly this year. Obviously they don't want to sit him thorough week 9 just as a "precaution". I don't think they paid Foles $20M to hold a clipboard. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts the first few games. Philly has their SB. Of course they want another but the pressure is off and the infatuation has been quelled. So, I don't think they put Wentz out there until he is totally ready. They know with health he is the QB for the next 10 years and they won't screw that up. My guess is Foles plays the first month and then Wentz is ready to roll after that. But, of course, that is a guess and not really based on anything. We shall see how much he does once camp starts. I suspect Foles takes most of the reps with the first team when camp opens. If it's Wentz from the get go, he will be ready for week 1.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure seems you are setting up an excuse in advance if Wentz comes down to Earth this year. I personally don't see the injury affecting him that much. I think being a QB, once he is healthy (may be preseason or may be week 8) his mobility may be impacted a little, but unless he changes his throwing motion I don't think it will be noticeable anywhere else and the fact he will have a top 3 OL should help offset the mobility issue if there is one at all - see AP.

As far as Dak versus Wentz. Year 3 should be only as important of a year as year 1 and 2 in deciding who they are. But for some reason year 2 is all many are looking at when they make up their minds. So I suspect they do the same after year 3. It's the nature of being a fan. If you want proof look at Matt Ryan's ranking in this thread. Not sure anyone had him in the top 3 and most didn't even have him #4. During and after 2016 I think everyone had him 4th at worst. Even better look at Nick Foles. Two years ago many thought he wasn't an NFL starter and this offseason he got $20M and some fans think he is a top 10 QB.

Fans have always relied too much on the last season, game or play and since ESPN and fantasy Football exploded it's a lot worse and a lot more geared toward the "ooh and ahh" play. I'm sure as heck not calling either Dak or Wentz Manning or Brady, but who was "better" in that comparison often changed by the year if you remember. Personally I don't care. It doesn't matter to me to go position by position with other teams and I don't get why it has become such a thing here. All you can do is what your team asks you to do in your system and you do that as well as possible. I just want my team as a whole to do better than every other team. :2cents:

I really don’t think I’m setting up excuses. Wentz has major adjustments to make THIS year. Rehabbing a knee and overcoming the mental aspect. Also, adapting his game to take less hits. I think Dak is a good QB and will bounce back. This is an adjustment year for Wentz but down the road he will be the much better QB.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don’t think I’m setting up excuses. Wentz has major adjustments to make THIS year. Rehabbing a knee and overcoming the mental aspect. Also, adapting his game to take less hits. I think Dak is a good QB and will bounce back. This is an adjustment year for Wentz but down the road he will be the much better QB.
He is young and as much as his mobility is important to his style I don't think it affects him once he is healthy enough to play. He may be hesitant and he may change his style a little because of the injury or because of the coaches realizing they don't want to risk that again. Every injury is different and it's possible he is never quite the same again, but I think by the time he is ready to start a game he will be about as good as he'll get and this year will be as much an indicator of how he will play going forward as year 1 and 2 were.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is young and as much as his mobility is important to his style I don't think it affects him once he is healthy enough to play. He may be hesitant and he may change his style a little because of the injury or because of the coaches realizing they don't want to risk that again. Every injury is different and it's possible he is never quite the same again, but I think by the time he is ready to start a game he will be about as good as he'll get and this year will be as much an indicator of how he will play going forward as year 1 and 2 were.

I don’t know anything about his injury specifically but they said he might start week one but his mobility will be hindered until December and that’s a MAJOR part of his game. I expect him to struggle for a little bit this year cause he’s good in the pocket but incredible on the run. He will be slowed for at least 1/2 the season according to the Philly papers.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz TD% last year:

Brady career: 5.5

Rodgers: 6.4
PeyPey: 6.5

Prooooobably not very sustainable.

He’s not going to have MVP caliber seasons every year and especially not this year but I do expect a couple over his career. He was phenomenal in 2017... absolutely phenomenal

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s not going to have MVP caliber seasons every year and especially not this year but I do expect a couple over his career. He was phenomenal in 2017... absolutely phenomenal
one thing to remember. When you give 31 DC's a whole offseason to game plan for such a QB. it is pretty hard for the Qb to repeat such a good season. I would not be surprised if Wentz doesnt have that great of a year this year. If that happens. it will be interesting how he responds the following year.