• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Congrats, STL is a great team. The Rangers had them down for the count, but Freese made a play and Cruz did not in game 6. I wasn't a fan of the umpiring tonight (or the series for that matter), BUT STL took care of business in game 7. Enjoy it.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She is one of our smartest baseball thinkers here. I like having her on the board because she writes well and documents her ideas well.

You could learn something from her.

I think we did. Probably not what you have in mind, though.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ginger, I gave you all kinds of shit. Some of it was legit and some undeserved. But I tip my cap to the cardinals. You are a smart baseball poster (when you're not being a cardinals homer lol), and I hope you see this post for what it is and hang around now that the WS is over.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of ya'll acted really immature towards Ginger. There's nothing wrong with some good natured shit talking but asking her to leave because she was being a Cards homer is pretty lame.

shtexas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think she is a very smart baseball poster, too.

My problem was her generalizing all Rangers fans using a decades old argument that we only support winners. I mean, how old was that Randy Galloway quote anyway? It's something that might have been true 20-30 years ago, but now, we are an area that avidly supports four major sports teams and that opinion is antiquated.

Otherwise, come on back...unless we ever play the Cardinals again.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know guys, I wasn't really upset about what happened on here but I do get tired of dealing with people at work, my neighbors, etc. who don't even know the players names on the Rangers acting like they are big time fans and that I was some kind of villain for half heartedly rooting for the Cardinals over the Rangers. And Galloway is right about this area for the most part. Yeah, we have a lot of really good fans but there are a bunch of fair weather fans who only back winners. I think what irked me the most was people absolutely trashing the Rangers players because, gasp, they lost a few games to a really good team.

AGZBASEBALL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Galloway's Comments were still made decades ago when we had only the Cowboys and Rangers. Didn't have either a NHL or NBA Team. This market supports 4 Major Sports Teams. Been rated one of the best Sports Towns in America now by many Major Sports Magazines. As for Fair Weather Fans, that exists in every city. Pretty sure there were plenty of people living in Missouri who got on the Cardinals Bandwagon at the last moment. Not all of them knew all the Cardinal Players by name either. Have a Facebook Friend who lives in St Louis and He said over a couple of months ago nobody gave a damn about the Cardinals. Many jumped on the Bandwagon. Happens in every City. DFW also supports 2 Minor Baseball Teams besides all 4 Major Sports. Also there is 2 College Teams in the Area, SMU and TCU. Galloway's comments ring much more true back in the 70's. This is a Great Sports Town now. Was born here in 1960. Lived here all my life. Seen it all.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Galloway's Comments were still made decades ago when we had only the Cowboys and Rangers. Didn't have either a NHL or NBA Team. This market supports 4 Major Sports Teams. Been rated one of the best Sports Towns in America now by many Major Sports Magazines. As for Fair Weather Fans, that exists in every city. Pretty sure there were plenty of people living in Missouri who got on the Cardinals Bandwagon at the last moment. Not all of them knew all the Cardinal Players by name either. Have a Facebook Friend who lives in St Louis and He said over a couple of months ago nobody gave a damn about the Cardinals. Many jumped on the Bandwagon. Happens in every City. DFW also supports 2 Minor Baseball Teams besides all 4 Major Sports. Also there is 2 College Teams in the Area, SMU and TCU. Galloway's comments ring much more true back in the 70's. This is a Great Sports Town now. Was born here in 1960. Lived here all my life. Seen it all.

Excellent comments agz.

Randy Gallaway has been on and off the Rangers bandwagon so many times since the mid 70's he doesn't know which end is up.
Also of note are Cowboys fans who have hung with the team over the last 15 years and continue to suppoort the team despite the fact that JJ would have already fired 4 or 5 GM's for doing the same crappy job he's done.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know guys, I wasn't really upset about what happened on here but I do get tired of dealing with people at work, my neighbors, etc. who don't even know the players names on the Rangers acting like they are big time fans and that I was some kind of villain for half heartedly rooting for the Cardinals over the Rangers. And Galloway is right about this area for the most part. Yeah, we have a lot of really good fans but there are a bunch of fair weather fans who only back winners. I think what irked me the most was people absolutely trashing the Rangers players because, gasp, they lost a few games to a really good team.

Good you came back. Guess you finally sobered up and got tired of celebrating :)

Congrats for your win. Last year the Rangers were in awe, this year we were ready, next year we will be angry and win it all!