• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gilmore Holding Out?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rapoport doubled down on those claims during a WEEI interview Thursday morning.

“So, here’s my understanding of where it stands,” Rapoport said on the “Gresh and Keefe” show. “Stephon Gilmore would not have been able to play Week 1 regardless of what list he was on. A better … gauge of where he was going to be, I was told, Week 3 maybe, Week 4 probably.

” … Let’s say nothing was going on, he had no other issues. There would’ve been a chance he would’ve started the season on the (53-man roster), would’ve gone on (injured reserve) and would’ve come back Week 4. That obviously did not happen. … When he gets back he’ll be fully healthy, without the little contract boost that he wanted.”

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rapoport doubled down on those claims during a WEEI interview Thursday morning.

“So, here’s my understanding of where it stands,” Rapoport said on the “Gresh and Keefe” show. “Stephon Gilmore would not have been able to play Week 1 regardless of what list he was on. A better … gauge of where he was going to be, I was told, Week 3 maybe, Week 4 probably.

” … Let’s say nothing was going on, he had no other issues. There would’ve been a chance he would’ve started the season on the (53-man roster), would’ve gone on (injured reserve) and would’ve come back Week 4. That obviously did not happen. … When he gets back he’ll be fully healthy, without the little contract boost that he wanted.”
So at that point he will have to play or sit out? If he has to play it would benefit him to have a great showing so he can land some sort of deal one year older.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So at that point he will have to play or sit out? If he has to play it would benefit him to have a great showing so he can land some sort of deal one year older.
He apparently is ready to play out his contract in a shortened season. The fact that he is not quite ready to play has mostly been kept out of wraps by team and Gilmore.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He apparently is ready to play out his contract in a shortened season. The fact that he is not quite ready to play has mostly been kept out of wraps by team and Gilmore.
Of course it has he has been trying to get more money. This being said I fully believe this is his last year in a Pats uniform

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it has he has been trying to get more money. This being said I fully believe this is his last year in a Pats uniform
Might be his last check. We don't know if he will fully recover until he recovers.
Mucle teares tend to tear more easily. His career might be over before we finish this year.
That he wants a shorter year is quite telling.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a reason we didn't trade him and get something for him?
We need cap relief now and can't get that relief by trading Gilmore until after he's off PUP. He can't be traded while on PUP and can't be off PUP until another two games.

So it's either get nothing but cap relief now, or get cap relief and something in two weeks.

*This just my speculation.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need cap relief now and can't get that relief by trading Gilmore until after he's off PUP. He can't be traded while on PUP and can't be off PUP until another two games.

So it's either get nothing but cap relief now, or get cap relief and something in two weeks.

*This just my speculation.
A 6th round pick, and Bill gets to decide where he goes...

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to go linemen shopping. Anybody decent available for the Pats?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team out there knows the extent of his recovery so honestly what does this team think they are going to get?

At this point I would take a 4th or 5th to clear the cap space. BB drafts well in those middle rounds

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's the Panthers for a 6th.

And Jamie Collins is back!

Is that verified? I'm not seeing that anywhere but it might simply be because the Gilmore news is a bigger deal.