• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gilmore Holding Out?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stidham on PUP is curious to me.
I lack details but in the past BB places anyone who fails conditioning tests on the pup until they can pass. If this is the case with Stidham then he's gone. If he can't show up in shape for an important challenge then he ain't got the competitive juices needed for the NFL.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't sign an incentive contract. He wants money without proof. It's why he won't be staying... and yes this is just my opinion and my prediction.
The Great Prognosticator

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lack details but in the past BB places anyone who fails conditioning tests on the pup until they can pass. If this is the case with Stidham then he's gone. If he can't show up in shape for an important challenge then he ain't got the competitive juices needed for the NFL.
Wasn't there a recent article that talked about how in shape he was, that his off season conditioning packed on some muscle?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one has taken a conditioning test. Those can't be given until training camp officially starts on July 28.

Stidham on the PUP is purgatory until the deal can be hammered out. He's been working out since January and has never been a out of shape previously. Caserio wants him and BB is most likely working out a deal to send him to Texas. He'd be a 650% improvement over Tyrod Taylor.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one has taken a conditioning test. Those can't be given until training camp officially starts on July 28.

Stidham on the PUP is purgatory until the deal can be hammered out. He's been working out since January and has never been a out of shape previously. Caserio wants him and BB is most likely working out a deal to send him to Texas. He'd be a 650% improvement over Tyrod Taylor.
How does any of that make him "physically" unable to perform?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know that is used to play the game. BB can state he's been cramping, or has migranes, stubbed his toe etc

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gamesmanship! Agent vs. Belichick. Both using their brains.
Moves:
Gilmore has not practiced nor taken physical.
BB does not negotiate
Gilmore shows up at camp and says can't play.
BB puts him on PUP
Gilmore will not count on 53 if he holds out.
Check!

• Starting a player on the PUP list at the beginning of camp leaves it on the table as an option if there is a setback, and if he comes off the PUP list during the preseason, he can’t return.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stidham has Foxboro Flu. He is being stashed. We can take him off at any time.
Team gets to see Cam and Mac practice and play. If Neither has it, they can bring Stidham in.
PUP gives the team some flexibility with the roster. We have too many players we do not want to cut!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stidham has Foxboro Flu. He is being stashed. We can take him off at any time.
Team gets to see Cam and Mac practice and play. If Neither has it, they can bring Stidham in.
PUP gives the team some flexibility with the roster. We have too many players we do not want to cut!
May be. But BB sure seem to have something against Stidham

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to Gilmore:

Closely tied to the quarterbacks’ performance on Saturday was that of the starting defensive unit. Even with Stephon Gilmore still absent and part of the rehabilitation group after his season-ending partial quad tear, the unit made life hard for Newton and Jones. The top two passers on New England’s roster went just 8-for-20 against the top-level defense.

Sounds like the team will be fine without Gilmore
. I can't imagine Bill talking new contract until Gilmore can demonstrate fitness.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the team will be fine without Gilmore. I can't imagine Bill talking new contract until Gilmore can demonstrate fitness.
After being put on PUP, Gilmore told Phil Perry that he'd like to spend the rest of his career in Foxboro. His wife love the area and me thnks she is going to have a lot to say about things.

Then again, if you've never been married, you can't voice an opinion. Only those of us who've had that anchor around our necks know what I'm even hinting at.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yank has mind of his own and I've crossed the line in the sand more than once. He and I have found a much more compatible way to address each other and have that we often have the same ideas, just don't express them the way someone else will interpret them.

I am not technical enough to figure out what someone's email is let alone hack an account. 8^)

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yank has mind of his own and I've crossed the line in the sand more than once. He and I have found a much more compatible way to address each other and have that we often have the same ideas, just don't express them the way someone else will interpret them.

I am not technical enough to figure out what someone's email is let alone hack an account. 8^)
Yes, which is why I greened it... for sure you aren't the only one with the "BB suppressing Stid" opinion.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Food for thought:

King has just returned to the field after missing all of 2019 and 2020 form a torn quad.

"King made his official return to the Gillette Stadium practice fields in time for the fourth session of training camp. The 28-year-old had missed the entirety of 2019 and 2020 after suffering a torn quadriceps during an August preseason matchup with the Carolina Panthers."

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to Gilmore:

Closely tied to the quarterbacks’ performance on Saturday was that of the starting defensive unit. Even with Stephon Gilmore still absent and part of the rehabilitation group after his season-ending partial quad tear, the unit made life hard for Newton and Jones. The top two passers on New England’s roster went just 8-for-20 against the top-level defense.

Sounds like the team will be fine without Gilmore
. I can't imagine Bill talking new contract until Gilmore can demonstrate fitness.
I agree that the team will be fine without Gilmore.

But the Cam stats, I'm not sure that is a good barometer to measure the D by.