• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants game notes

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sometimes, Vernon just tries way too hard

I have a hard time listening to him. Often it's like he says things because that's what he thinks he should say. Often I read something from him and wish that he'd just stop after one sentence. He's always been one of the harder athletes for me to listen to. He's gotten way better since his first few years, though.

-----

Also, I just got done reading the stuff from Harbaugh and that was one of my favorite exchanges between him and the media.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers Blog and Q&A: Alex Smith gives thumbs up to sore middle finger

Remember how badly Harbaugh wanted his dad, Jack, to meet Willie Mays, who visited 49ers headquarters last week? Well, the elder Harbaugh didn't have to wait long. He and Jim spent 45 minutes or so at Mays' house last night.

"It's one of those magic, magic, magic moments," said Jack Harbaugh, who attended today's practice.

Jack Harbaugh, an Ohio native, grew up a Cleveland Indians fan. It was Indian batter Vic Wertz who hit the ball which Mays famously caught over his shoulder in 1954. "I lived it. I wasn't reading anything," Jack Harbaugh said. "I remember the catch. It broke my heart."

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time listening to him. Often it's like he says things because that's what he thinks he should say. Often I read something from him and wish that he'd just stop after one sentence. He's always been one of the harder athletes for me to listen to. He's gotten way better since his first few years, though.

-----

Also, I just got done reading the stuff from Harbaugh and that was one of my favorite exchanges between him and the media.

I feel precisely the same about Vernon - he's always promoting his brand and saying what he thinks he should say to an audience that isn't there.

As for Harbaugh, I'm still trying to work through my Love/hate relationship with his media interactions. Regarding today's presser, I agree, today was a good day for us.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I feel precisely the same about Vernon - he's always promoting his brand and saying what he thinks he should say to an audience that isn't there.

As for Harbaugh, I'm still trying to work through my Love/hate relationship with his media interactions. Regarding today's presser, I agree, today was a good day for us.

I'm not sure I'd agree with the part in bold? I'd need further explanation of what you mean by "brand" I guess before I would agree with that. It's not a big deal so if you don't want to get into it, that's fine.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I'd agree with the part in bold? I'd need further explanation of what you mean by "brand" I guess before I would agree with that. It's not a big deal so if you don't want to get into it, that's fine.

The brand of Vernon Davis? IMO, Vernon has been in a state of publicist induced transformation for a few years now. His presentation, the way he looks, carries himself, the way he speaks and the things he says are all indicative of attention seeking and self-promotion.

From proclaiming he will be the greatest TE to ever play to his antics at the ESPY's and his measured responses to the media. He just seems like he is always auditioning for the next State Farm commercial.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The brand of Vernon Davis? IMO, Vernon has been in a state of publicist induced transformation for a few years now. His presentation, the way he looks, carries himself, the way he speaks and the things he says are all indicative of attention seeking and self-promotion.

From proclaiming he will be the greatest TE to ever play to his antics at the ESPY's and his measured responses to the media. He just seems like he is always auditioning for the next State Farm commercial.

Hmmm, ok. I've never gotten that feeling when I've heard him speak but at least now I know what you meant.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, ok. I've never gotten that feeling when I've heard him speak but at least now I know what you meant.

Ehh, it's just the impression I get from him - I could be completely wrong.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Francisco 49ers – Niner Insider Blog – SFGate.com Rogers backpedals on salsa

Later, Cruz’s words were passed along to Rogers in the 49ers’ locker room. The Pro Bowl cornerback told the Bay Area News Group that he was unaware of the inspiration behind Cruz’s celebration and that it “definitely” changed his plans to mimic Cruz’s moves.

Was anyone else aware of that (Cruz's deceased grandmother being the inspiration for the salsa dance) before this week? I'd never heard that story before either.