• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants game notes

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Was anyone else aware of that (Cruz's deceased grandmother being the inspiration for the salsa dance) before this week? I'd never heard that story before either.

I wasn't aware of her being deceased. I wondered myself when it came up this week if Rogers would change course if he knew it would offend or be taken as a sign of disrespect from Cruz.

Last edited by a moderator:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was anyone else aware of that (Cruz's deceased grandmother being the inspiration for the salsa dance) before this week? I'd never heard that story before either.

maybe to the non nyg fan, no one knew... but who knows, I DO recall something about him loving his grandmother so much and etc...

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Barrows:

Brandon Jacobs struck a different tone today vs. Wednesday. He said playing in January and February trumps getting on the field now.

More Jacobs: "Right now, could I go out and play -- yes. Would it be smart -- no."

---------

Branch:

#49ers RB Brandon Jacobs backpedals, says he's not fully reovered from knee injury. Could play, but wouldn't be smart.

------------

Mindi Bach:

#49ers More Jacobs; "Coach understands me from him playing football & understanding the athlete and the competitive nature of wanting to...

#49ers Jacobs:"get out & help the team win & not only thatbut against a former team. But in this case the former team is not important..,

49ers Jacobs end: "what's important is for us in the long run."

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Coordinators Ready for Clash with NYG

As good as the Giants pass rush is, the 49ers have a good one of their own. Whether it be in its base packages or with extra defensive backs, San Francisco has been able to create pressure on the quarterback throughout the season. And while All-Pro Justin Smith might not have any sacks to his credit through five games, Fangio is still pleased with his team’s pass rush this season.

“I haven’t felt during any of the games, like, damn where’s our pass rush?” Fangio said. “Until I feel that, then we don’t have a problem. Sacks are good, it’s a number for fans and you guys to sink your teeth into, but it’s not the only thing. Pressure is critical.”

Well, what do you know? Somebody else was just saying this basic statement just last week in a debate in another thread.

Last edited by a moderator: