• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants game notes

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Harbaugh reacts strongly to Gilbride's comments

"Second, it is an incendiary comment targeting one of the truly exemplary players in this league. It's obvious that the Giants coaching staff's sole purpose is to use their high visibility to both criticize and influence officiating."

Whoa. That's a level above what you usually hear from a coach on that kind of topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Second, it is an incendiary comment targeting one of the truly exemplary players in this league. It's obvious that the Giants coaching staff's sole purpose is to use their high visibility to both criticize and influence officiating."

Whoa. That's a level above what you usually hear from a coach on that kind of topic.

1000% Agreed! Now THIS kind of comment I can get behind! It speaks volumns to the level of respect he (and the entire NinerNation) has for JS. I just hope he is wrong about the influence it may have on officials.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Harbaugh fires back at Gilbride's comments - NFL.com

The last guy you want to piss off is Justin Smith. The Giants sure love to run their mouths. Hopefully we can shut them up this time.

"Kevin Gilbride's outrageous, irrational statement regarding Justin Smith's play is, first, an absurd analogy. Second, it is an incendiary comment targeting one of the truly exemplary players in this league. It's obvious that the Giants coaching staff's sole purpose is to use their high visibility to both criticize and influence officiating," Harbaugh said.

Another great Harbs quote!

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

This is genius on the part of coach Harbaugh.. First off, Gilbride's backhanded compliment was design to influence the ref's on Sunday's game. Harbaugh statement countermanded Gilbride's attempt to gain a little advantage for his team... Second, Harbaugh gave his team another thing to rally upon. By having a strong reaction to the comment from Gilbride, Harbaugh is stressing how important the game is and hoping his team will have the same mind set in approaching the game...And third, Harbaugh, once again showed how much he supports his players. Ever since he came to the Niners he has shown that he has the backs of the players like when he gave his vote of confidence to Alex when it seemed no one else would and by saying Crabtree has the best hands he ever saw.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eli-Timeout-Mess-e1327288093396.jpg

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Justin Smith responds to Kevin Gilbride

Q: He said you get away with murder.

JUSTIN SMITH: Hey, better than getting caught with it. I really don’t know what he’s talking about to be honest with you. If he’s trying to get some bulletin-board stuff, good for him. Do whatever they need to do.

Ha.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers Blog and Q&A: Smith shrugs: I'm going to have to look (Gilbride) up, see who he is

Jim Harbaugh met with the media an hour after the statement was released and - for perhaps the first time in the history of press releases - didn't want to talk about the topic. "Moved on," he said to multiple questions on the topic.

"There's nothing to expand on," Harbaugh said. "I said what I felt. ... Heard about (Gilbride's comments) this morning and jotted down my reaction and felt like I should send it right away. So it's been addressed, now we'll move on."

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers Blog and Q&A: Smith shrugs: I'm going to have to look (Gilbride) up, see who he is

Jim Harbaugh met with the media an hour after the statement was released and - for perhaps the first time in the history of press releases - didn't want to talk about the topic. "Moved on," he said to multiple questions on the topic.

"There's nothing to expand on," Harbaugh said. "I said what I felt. ... Heard about (Gilbride's comments) this morning and jotted down my reaction and felt like I should send it right away. So it's been addressed, now we'll move on."

Watch the video attached to the article. It's Buddy Ryan punching Kevin Gilbride when they were coaches in Houston