• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants game notes

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, that's worthy of a "wow" and a "cool" - I hope we can get him some numbers to keep his attitude right where that tiny little interview seemed to place it.

I don't know if this the case or how strong it is if it indeed is, but I wish the media would buy into the idea that Moss wants a ring now more than he ever did before. I'm sure he wants to be scoring TDs, breaking records, but if he's bought into the system to get that ring, I could see him possibly staying happy, or at least focused, here. I know there's a saying that horses can't change their stripes, that Moss will always be about Moss. But if you look at having a SB victory as a Moss accomplishment, this could fit. Having said that, here's to Moss getting his 2nd and possibly 3rd Niner TD this Sunday! :tea:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if this the case or how strong it is if it indeed is, but I wish the media would buy into the idea that Moss wants a ring now more than he ever did before. I'm sure he wants to be scoring TDs, breaking records, but if he's bought into the system to get that ring, I could see him possibly staying happy, or at least focused, here. I know there's a saying that horses can't change their stripes, that Moss will always be about Moss. But if you look at having a SB victory as a Moss accomplishment, this could fit. Having said that, here's to Moss getting his 2nd and possibly 3rd Niner TD this Sunday! :tea:

I can easily buy that - A Ring is the only thing missing from his resume and I hope he gets one here. It will make for a nice comment during his induction ceremony and a nice feather in our cap that the greatest and perhaps the second greatest WR of all time both have 49er SB Rings!

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/12/3tfo-giants-49ers-week-6/

Some highlights:

Smith is currently our fifth-rated signal-caller (while Manning sits in second place) and his improved performance this year is a large reason that San Francisco leads all other teams in overall offense. Combine that with the star power on defense, with players like NaVorro Bowman (+13.4), and the 49ers will be a force to be reckoned with.

---

Jason Pierre-Paul has been one of the league’s best run defenders from the defensive end position, but his productivity as a pass-rusher (ranked only 15th among 4-3 ends) hasn’t blown anybody away. On the opposite side, Justin Tuck has managed only a paltry six total QB pressures in 121 attempts. Coming on the back of his new contract, Osi Umenyiora’s 10 pressures (giving him a Pass Rush Productivity rating of only 6.7), is scant reward for the team’s faith, and is good for only 24th at his position.

----

Last year’s right guard Adam Snyder was a major liability and Alex Boone (+13.1) has proved to be a huge upgrade. Tackles Joe Staley and Anthony Davis have allowed their quarterback to be hit only six times all year, and they have been even better blocking in the run game. The fact that Davis has the lowest grade for the Niners’ starting offensive lineman at +7.2 suggests that it could be a long game for the front four of the G-men.
-----

However, starting cornerbacks Tarell Brown and Carlos Rodgers have combined to allow 450 yards and an NFL QB rating of 101.3 when QBs throw into their coverage, and they have not been able to build off a strong 2011 campaign. Of the two starting safeties, Dashon Goldson has been the team’s strongest player in pass coverage, while Donte Whitner has been the weakest. He’s also missed an NFL fourth-worst eight tackles, one more than he missed in the whole of 2011 including the playoffs. They will face a very tough task against Manning and a great group of Giants receivers.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the giants defensive line hasn't been playing well and i think we match up well against them. i'm kinda surprised at the numbers against brown and rodgers, they seem to be playing pretty well in the secondary.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the giants defensive line hasn't been playing well and i think we match up well against them. i'm kinda surprised at the numbers against brown and rodgers, they seem to be playing pretty well in the secondary.

I'd be curious to see time on the clock and down and distance numbers when throwing at Rogers and Brown. That would either solidify or really give a better understanding of it all.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe our coverage schemes are making our corners look better. but brown usually seems to has tight coverage on his man.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow sing put it on smith after he got fired? smith actually started playing much better after the eagles game.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Some typical comments from PFT members:

So glad the Giants exposed the 9ers for who they really are

The Giants won a battle of overrated teams. The Redskins will humble NYG next week. The 49ers are who we thought they were…fraudulent.

SF=mediocre

Think Justin Smith knows who Gilbride is now?

Revenge huh? Pathetic 9ers are 3rd best in their division.

Great..that whole team is a joke..from Harbaugh to Smith to Vernon Davis to Randy Moss..a bunch of losers

The Niners found out what happened when you actually play a good team

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From ESPN:

Alex Smith threw three interceptions on throws more than 10 yards downfield Sunday, his most in a single game over the past five seasons. Entering Sunday, Smith was completing 59.5 percent of such passes with a +3 touchdown to interception differential.

The 49ers defense allowed 149 rushing yards Sunday, with 133 of them coming in between the tackles. The last time the 49ers allowed that many rushing yards on such rushes was Week 11 of 2010 against the Buccaneers. Over the past two seasons they had allowed the fewest yards and touchdowns on rushes in between the tackles.