• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants game notes

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
That's interesting. I have some friends who have used it for studying and writing papers, but this is the first I've heard of it being used in sports.

Wont get technical, but it's an amphetamine. A stimulant. It has valid indications, but it is on the NFL's banned substance list. It doesn't seem like they make exceptions for valid prescriptions, though I'm not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's interesting. I have some friends who have used it for studying and writing papers, but this is the first I've heard of it being used in sports.

Joe Haden and Mike Neal were also suspended recently for taking it. I want to say I've heard of a number of others being suspended for it but I'd have to double check before I throw any names out there.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jenny Vrentas:

Nicks and Bennett won't practice today. But Coughlin said they're doing better. He hopes Nicks can get a practice in. #nyg

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I get the gist of why people and coaches continually say this but I still laughed that HE said this.

Ralph Vacchiano:

Tom Coughlin on the 49ers game: "Nobody gives us a chance to win. ... We'll see." #NYG

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll post this in here as well. Some very interesting things:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/10/32-observations-week-5/

New York Giants: Eli Manning is averaging 11 yards per attempt when throwing to the right side of the field, and 7.1 yards per attempt when throwing to the left or middle.

San Francisco 49ers: When Alex Smith is not under pressure, he averages 8.7 yards per attempt. When he is under pressure that is down to 3.8. That 4.9 yards difference is the second highest in the league.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ralph Vacchiano:

DT Rocky Bernard will not practice. RB Andre Brown has still not been cleared from his concussion.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ralph Vacchiano:

Hakeem Nicks, by the way, appeared to be moving very well as he ran outside. He was making cuts, backpedaling too. #NYG

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not that he's in great position to accurately make that call but......

San Francisco 49ers – Niner Insider Blog – SFGate.com Willis, Bowman raising bar at LB

“They can stand in a bubble, on an uncovered lineman. They do it physically and with great technique, they disengage from blocks and they get to the ball – and they do it down after down. I tell you, it’s the best linebacker play in the past 30 years.”

------

And another quote:

“I think Patrick is as good as there is in the league, but I think NaVorro is better,” Millen said. “This is not to take anything away from Patrick. He’s a stud. But I just think NaVorro is playing at that high a level.”

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Giants team twitter account:

WR Ramses Barden, CB Jayron Hosley, LB Keith Rivers and Safety Antrel Rolle practiced full today