• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants Conundrum

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Defense needs up-grading big time. QB is on life support. A stud at RB. A very good WR that is a major diva and can't stay healthy.
What to do, what to do.
QB draft class is less than thrilling....

Trade OBJ to Oakland for Carr???????????

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They keep stock piling the draft picks and rebuilding via the draft.
Sure you can snag a few free agents, but the Oline needs help, you already mentioned the defense.
Plus the wide outs need some serious depth, ( that way you can trade your diva when the time is right)

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their GM is a very mule headed guy, and they will likely just keep building through the draft in a very 1990s way similar to what Carolina did before he left there. They will likely bring back Eli for one more year, or try to, because this year's QB draft doesn't look so hot.

The wildcard would be the Giants signing Foles to a big contract. I could see it because of the Shurmur connection.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their GM is a very mule headed guy, and they will likely just keep building through the draft in a very 1990s way similar to what Carolina did before he left there. They will likely bring back Eli for one more year, or try to, because this year's QB draft doesn't look so hot.

The wildcard would be the Giants signing Foles to a big contract. I could see it because of the Shurmur connection.

Haha. I love how you have just about every team signing Foles. Haha

You must think he’s pretty good if he can “save” all these teams/fix their problems.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think he is pretty good. I am saying I would recommend certain teams signing him, but not that I realistically think some (like Pittsburgh) actually will. I expect the Steelers to stick with Big Ben for example.

But is Foles going to get paid? Yes.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tempting to keep OBJ and just deal with him, but he's another coaching staff's mess and they need an Oline before they can put a non-Eli QB back there so best to trade him for picks you can turn into an Oline.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gettleman will never trade down, and refuses to open his eyes.

So- basically- they're completely screwed.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense needs up-grading big time. QB is on life support. A stud at RB. A very good WR that is a major diva and can't stay healthy.
What to do, what to do.
QB draft class is less than thrilling....

Trade OBJ to Oakland for Carr???????????

They can't trade OBJ yet for salary cap purposes. The escalation of the signing bonus would count against next year and Carr also has a huge salary. Even if they cut Eli that's another 7 million against the cap.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tempting to keep OBJ and just deal with him, but he's another coaching staff's mess and they need an Oline before they can put a non-Eli QB back there so best to trade him for picks you can turn into an Oline.

The O line got much better towards the end of the year. One more solid guy and a couple of decent back ups and they'll be fine there. The D line is going to need help because I can't see them keeping Olivier Vernon with his salary. I see them cutting him.
I can see them renegotiating with Eli and working through the draft. They actually got 4 starters out of the last draft.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The O line got much better towards the end of the year. One more solid guy and a couple of decent back ups and they'll be fine there. The D line is going to need help because I can't see them keeping Olivier Vernon with his salary. I see them cutting him.
I can see them renegotiating with Eli and working through the draft. They actually got 4 starters out of the last draft.
Don't under sell how important it is to secure the Oline. That's how y'all got into this mess. A lot of times these Olinemen that looked promising one year, don't develop anymore the next.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't under sell how important it is to secure the Oline. That's how y'all got into this mess. A lot of times these Olinemen that looked promising one year, don't develop anymore the next.

I'm not under selling it, they have to improve it but they did get better towards the end of the year. Some of that was the H.C. being a tad less stubborn and putting Eli under center a bit more. I like the kid Hernandez and he was MUCH better at the end of the year than early on. They were also down to their 3rd string center so a little health there might sure up that spot.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not under selling it, they have to improve it but they did get better towards the end of the year. Some of that was the H.C. being a tad less stubborn and putting Eli under center a bit more. I like the kid Hernandez and he was MUCH better at the end of the year than early on. They were also down to their 3rd string center so a little health there might sure up that spot.
Hernandez was highly thought of coming out of college. He's a nice piece. The goal is to no longer have to restrict the offense to accommodate for a subpar OL.

You guys had a lot of ground to make up. Needs more work and focus from the front office before saying "well that's fixed."

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants have 6th pick. Jags sitting at 7 looking for a QB and I dont think thats an arms race the Giants want to get in.

I think they're stuck taking the 4th or 5th best defensive player on the board. Its a defensive draft so he'll end up being a solid prospect. I think their pass rush is 31st in the league.

Common sense says to go heavy into defense in the draft and build the Giants around an improved defense and running the football. QB is going to be Eli and 'good' backup.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't trade Beckham for picks...I say you go get Haskins at 6. Every team in the top 5 has a QB, the only risk is a team trading up to get him and you never know. You can always go get Foles or a veteran so Haskins can learn from and sit behind. Possibly keep Eli for one more year (this is the worst option if you can't get a QB in FA). Then just go heavy defense the rest of the draft and in FA.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hernandez was highly thought of coming out of college. He's a nice piece. The goal is to no longer have to restrict the offense to accommodate for a subpar OL.

You guys had a lot of ground to make up. Needs more work and focus from the front office before saying "well that's fixed."

I'm actually a Jet fan, but living in NYC I watch both teams. Solder needs to have a better 2nd year as well. He was better in the 2nd half. I can see them using their #1 on a lineman and #2 on a pass rusher since that spot is supposed to be deep in this draft. A lot may depend on how much cap space they can clear up

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Giants have 6th pick. Jags sitting at 7 looking for a QB and I dont think thats an arms race the Giants want to get in.

I think they're stuck taking the 4th or 5th best defensive player on the board. Its a defensive draft so he'll end up being a solid prospect. I think their pass rush is 31st in the league.

Common sense says to go heavy into defense in the draft and build the Giants around an improved defense and running the football. QB is going to be Eli and 'good' backup.
I see the Jags going after a Foles or a Bridgewater. In spite of their record this year I think Coughlin feels like they are close. I don't think they will want to invest picks to move up in this seemingly poor QB draft

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Jags going after a Foles or a Bridgewater. In spite of their record this year I think Coughlin feels like they are close. I don't think they will want to invest picks to move up in this seemingly poor QB draft
Its pretty early to speculate but Nick Foles might have quite a few teams chasing after him and if their plan is to go after Teddy Bridgewater then thats some seriously bold stuff.

Walterfootball has the top 2 Qbs going to NYG and JAX right now in their first mock with the draft order set.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m not sure Shurmur is a huge positive for Foles. I could be wrong. Foles excelled in 2013 with Shurmur as OC, but Shurmur was also part of the staff that jettisoned Foles to the Rams so that Sam Bradford could start. I’ve heard Foles say a lot of positive things about certain coaches, but can’t recall him praising Shurmur.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually a Jet fan, but living in NYC I watch both teams. Solder needs to have a better 2nd year as well. He was better in the 2nd half. I can see them using their #1 on a lineman and #2 on a pass rusher since that spot is supposed to be deep in this draft. A lot may depend on how much cap space they can clear up
They could do it reverse even. I'm just saying it should be emphasized and OBJ could yield some resources to apply to the Oline.