• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: WCSF Game 7 - Sharks at Kings - 6:00PM

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didnt have it covered it he had his stick near it it was loose, as much id like to say your right you arent lol. The overhead had a real good view of how loose it actually was you could clearly see the puck sitting there and nemi has a black stick lol.

Pavelskis blunder is worse then Selannes, he had time, space, the puck on his stick, and nothing but 2ft by 6ft to shoot at and he fucking blew it.

How many time did ref stopped the play when the puck still lose in front of Quick. Too many....Plus they gave the Kings the PP on Burns at that time.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm against buying out Havlat soley on the basis that he's injury prone. If he or his injury problems are causing issues in the lockerroom that's a different story.

Something that may have to be considered about the possibility of buying Havlat out is, you can not buy out a player who is injured. This applies to the standard buyouts and I believe compliance buyouts as well so it could depend on the seriousness of his injury.

Well if he was skating im having doubts its going to be that serious come august

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough loss, but damn proud of how hard the team played.

Tired of soo much negativity every time this team loses, but people will be negative. I have a gut feeling this the Pens year anyways.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The legacy gets cemented once again.

Jumbo, 1 goal, no points and a terrible game in the big one. Marleau pointless in the final 4 games of the series. Pavelski, zero goals.

I usually enjoy a good Marleau bash but I thought his play was pretty good. Patty throws that check behind the boards that leads to the only goal we got tonight and he had a lot of play like that throughout the series. Joe had some good games and was dominant at times. Pav, well - I think he could have done more. However, there is no way in hell the top group was going to have big games every night... Sutter>>>TMAC and it showed.

The faces of the franchise played hard, for sure, but ultimately, a combined 2 goals from the cornerstones of the franchise in 7 games is obviously not gunna cut it.

Yeah but we get 0 goals out of our bottom 6 and they got 4. ESPECIALLY with the play of the 3rd line... If we are at parity there, this series looks different. Irwin fucking sucks hairy dog balls. I have fucked knees and I am pretty sure I can out skate him.

Mclellan had a terribly coached game, because after they got scored on he didnt have his guys ready to go. Twice in the series, the sharks gave up a GWG within 3 minutes of a previous goal (Game 2's epic collapse and this one). Basically, Tmac failed to calm his team after giving one up and it cost them the series.
Agreed - Repeatedly hoping we would get some scoring on those lines instead of shortening the bench was and getting some better match ups was amateur at best. FAIL.

Cant blame nemo when they score a total of 4 goals in the 4 losses. Not gunna win alot of games with a 1.00 GFA... Nemo made a half dozen point blank saves and kept the sharks in it including two full on breakaways, but if the team in front can only score one, you arent gunna win. Nemo was excellent throughout the series and was a victim of the non-production of the big names in front of him...

I am undecided here. There are certainly some goals this series that he let in from being tucked too far back in the net. I am not sure you can lay this game at his feet. I think every time Irwin was on the ice Nemo had to yank a miracle out of his ass and there are only so many of those. Quick looks good because his defense takes care of business up front. He's good, don't get me wrong but he can afford to play that aggressive because of his team.

I am SOOOOOOOOOO ready for a makeover of this team.... hand the reins to cooch and make deals to get younger, hungrier leaders. enough of the jumbo-patty heartbreak...

Yeah - me too. Its like being a Seahawks fan.. just a constant stream of failure with platitudes and false hope in between.

In the end - they got further than I thought they would so I am grateful there, and there was some solid effort (minus brain farts) on the ice - so not a fold up.. but its not satiating.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The resurgence of the team midway through the year was very well done. It started with trading Murray/Handzus/Clowe, and it should have been done two years ago. I like that there is a new way to how the Sharks play. It at the least, leads to exciting hockey.

Sharks need offensive talent in the form of a LH dman. They also need more guys that play like Torres. Skate and check with occasional offense.

The team played well overall in this series. Kings are tough and Sharks took them to 7 after falling behind 0-2. That game 2 loss hurts more now.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I usually enjoy a good Marleau bash but I thought his play was pretty good. Patty throws that check behind the boards that leads to the only goal we got tonight and he had a lot of play like that throughout the series. Joe had some good games and was dominant at times. Pav, well - I think he could have done more. However, there is no way in hell the top group was going to have big games every night... Sutter>>>TMAC and it showed.

Dont get me wrong, patty didnt play badly and neither did jumbo or pavs for that matter. Really no one on the team was really bad. They gave a great effort. I have zero complaints about the sacrifice and guts they showed, which is a very very welcome change. They matched the physicality and the grit of LA, no doubt. The problem is that trying hard is not sufficient. You have to actually produce. Score goals, beat the other team. The zero goals from the 3rd and 4th line was realllly bad, and perhaps that was the difference, but I dont feel so. I feel like it was the ultimate inability to the put the puck in the net from the big boys. Not due to lack of effort or caring, but just not getting it done, for whatever reason. The PP in the four losses was a combined 0-12. Thats not the 4th line, thats the big boys. The annual PP outage that we've seen for years and years is those same big boys. The fact that we can add this series as yet another in which the sharks were knocked out failing to score an average of 2 goals per game is not the bottom 6 either. Its only only the big boys, but they are the only constant over the last decade of choking, so it's hard to draw any other conclusions for me...

Do I hear a call for speedy oil change and tune up???

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We played with no Torres and this team needed everything he provided. Getting nothing out of the 5 million dollar man Maahhhty Havlat was just too much to overcome.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough loss, but damn proud of how hard the team played.

Tired of soo much negativity every time this team loses, but people will be negative. I have a gut feeling this the Pens year anyways.

Agreed, they did better than I thought they would this season. I thought they put forth a solid effort. Just because they lose, doesn't mean they suck. There are more than one good team in this league.

I love this game and I refuse to marginalize it by discounting the effort and skill that anyone puts forth, regardless of the jersey they wear.

Except for Burish, fuck that guy.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont get me wrong, patty didnt play badly and neither did jumbo or pavs for that matter. Really no one on the team was really bad. They gave a great effort. I have zero complaints about the sacrifice and guts they showed, which is a very very welcome change. They matched the physicality and the grit of LA, no doubt. The problem is that trying hard is not sufficient. You have to actually produce. Score goals, beat the other team. The zero goals from the 3rd and 4th line was realllly bad, and perhaps that was the difference, but I dont feel so. I feel like it was the ultimate inability to the put the puck in the net from the big boys. Not due to lack of effort or caring, but just not getting it done, for whatever reason. The PP in the four losses was a combined 0-12. Thats not the 4th line, thats the big boys. The annual PP outage that we've seen for years and years is those same big boys. The fact that we can add this series as yet another in which the sharks were knocked out failing to score an average of 2 goals per game is not the bottom 6 either. Its only only the big boys, but they are the only constant over the last decade of choking, so it's hard to draw any other conclusions for me...

Yeah - that's a good point. You cant win a series with a weak PP against a hot goalie and some additional scoring from your key guys is important.

The bottom line though, and you and I are in violent agreement, is that the team didn't get it done. I don't care if Nemo had to skate to the other net and blow a goal in out of his ass: the team needed to step up or do the skate of shame.

and we are pretty fucking good at the skate of shame.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the past you've been mentioning scoring depth and now it's the big boys' fault? It was a tight checking series with good goaltending. The King's stars did just as little. They flashed a stat that through 6 games, Sharks had 0 goals from bottom 6.

Now is the perfect time to complain about the bottom 6. Join me in doing it. But, Havlat and Torres are two guys that could have helped big time here. The Sharks weren't that deep a team to begin with. Minus two of those guys and the bottom 6 suffers big. That was the difference. Sharks needed everyone to pitch in this series to have a chance. They nearly got by.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the past you've been mentioning scoring depth and now it's the big boys' fault? It was a tight checking series with good goaltending. The King's stars did just as little. They flashed a stat that through 6 games, Sharks had 0 goals from bottom 6.

Now is the perfect time to complain about the bottom 6. Join me in doing it. But, Havlat and Torres are two guys that could have helped big time here. The Sharks weren't that deep a team to begin with. Minus two of those guys and the bottom 6 suffers big. That was the difference. Sharks needed everyone to pitch in this series to have a chance. They nearly got by.

I meant to quote sjrules with my post above.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True but if Torres and Havlat are in the game that line 3 looks pretty damn good... and line 4 might not have been shoddy for 4 games either. However - they were not there... you have to play with what you got and in the end the **team** didn't get it done.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
True but if Torres and Havlat are in the game that line 3 looks pretty damn good... and line 4 might not have been shoddy for 4 games either. However - they were not there... you have to play with what you got and in the end the **team** didn't get it done.

Hell if just Torres is in the game still, that means slovelski can stay on the 3rd line where he belongs and not dragging down the top line of Couture,Marleau and Ralphie

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a average Havlat and Torres were in this series, then the outcome would be different.

snowsurfer13sss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yeah 0 goals from the 3rd and 4th line killed us. Pavs needed to be on the 3rd line for us to have a chance. He sucks on the wing anyways.