• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: July 27 game 2 Boulders at Vogelsong 2.0

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way love Vogelsong 2.0 he's legit but his last 2 starts have been vs an awful team...let's see how he looks vs good teams a few times

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm not talking about Soler's season just an observation about RBIs.

He has been a bit better lately but no question a shitty year. Better lately means he figures out how to hit in our park and is at least ok later?

Or is it not actually shitty?

Soler's OPS+ this year: 111. Not kidding, take a look lol

It is shocking to me how low the bar is to be an above average hitter in MLB this year.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering Ray's return, Snell's dominance, Chapman and Soler's bats heating up, Birdsong's promising MLB starts and Fitzgerald's and Ramos' surprising (to some) seasons, it may be possible that the Giants' FO actually thinks buying is a good idea.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it official? Is Fitz now, officially, our SS?

He has the defense (no Craw or Ahmed, but he is certainly passable)
He has the speed (not a great base runner yet, but the tool is there)
He clearly has the bat.

i am ready, I think, to coronate him at this point.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rox are not a good team.
That Is Not Untrue Not False GIF

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering Ray's return, Snell's dominance, Chapman and Soler's bats heating up, Birdsong's promising MLB starts and Fitzgerald's and Ramos' surprising (to some) seasons, it may be possible that the Giants' FO actually thinks buying is a good idea.
Nah it's the Rockies they ain't dumb. It justifies keeping these guys though, gives hope for next year. Not gonna expect a playoff team so no buying but other than Snell (for a haul) and Conforto (for a Mets C level prospect) they won't be selling. Let's see Soler with a full season like the last couple months. Let's see Chapman too, he looks good.

I WANT that guy and I might even see Soler as adequate now, next year. Snell gonna opt out, ok so what pitching we seem to have suddenly got from the minors. Keep the others and start getting excited about next year...Ray/Bird/Harrison/Hicks + an FA maybe is legit.

If Ramos and Fitz keep prodiucing, add Lee back in, etc. We can squint and see playoffs again, this team is not good but it isn't that far from it, next year I can get excited about

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And through all that, they still got humiliated by Colorado and the dogs on the road. Let’s not get cocky about some nice wins at home against the worst team in the bigs.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah it's the Rockies they ain't dumb. It justifies keeping these guys though, gives hope for next year. Not gonna expect a playoff team so no buying but other than Snell (for a haul) and Conforto (for a Mets C level prospect) they won't be selling. Let's see Soler with a full season like the last couple months. Let's see Chapman too, he looks good.

I WANT that guy and I might even see Soler as adequate now, next year. Snell gonna opt out, ok so what pitching we seem to have suddenly got from the minors. Keep the others and start getting excited about next year...Ray/Bird/Harrison/Hicks + an FA maybe is legit.

If Ramos and Fitz keep prodiucing, add Lee back in, etc. We can squint and see playoffs again, this team is not good but it isn't that far from it, next year I can get excited about
Already writing Webb off as a bust?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad team but hey we won a double header at home and that's fun

Great piotching performances including one for the ages from Snell.'

GREAT day of baseball, which I will enjoy even not expecting a playoff berth. We had a reason to expect it, it was no lock, and it didn't work out, ok but a lot of interesting pieces starting to emerge and that includes Chapman and even Soler...but also Hicks and Harrison and Birdsong and Ramos and Fitz etc so I am going to have fun still

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yaz is now 3rd in baseball with 8 triples, behind only Witt with 10 and Duran with 12

1 more than De La Cruz

Reactions: LHG

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
De La Cruz is a slow poke compared to Yaz.
Yaz has actually been a very reasonable 3rd OF level producer his entire career with a fluke .968 OPS 164 OPS+ in the bubble year 2020

Happy to keep him around as legit 3rd/4th OF and a decent lefty bat and very good glove

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned elsewhere, but I actually believe Yaz could win a GG this year. His D has been nothing short of sensational this year. In right, he has 8 DRS. His closest competition has 4.

Last edited:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You trading Spider?